Status
Not open for further replies.
Took little Harry the stray cat that adopted my patio over the winter to a rescue shelter today. Glad that he'll be getting the vet care he need and that they'll find him the home he deserves. But still going to miss the little Hairball. Hard to believe how attached you can get to a little critter in just a few short months after you let 'em into your life even just a little. Of course, Harry kind of took that little and shoe horned his way into making it a lot, but that's just how he is. :kitty:

View attachment 925963

you let Harry go?
say it ain't so

35972646_10213940186637519_3608133924368154624_n.jpg

you let Harry go?
say it ain't so

It was the plan all along. Housemate has allergies and issues with the long hair breeds, and wasn't looking to add another to the homestead. But couldn't just leave him to spend another winter alone out in the cold after finding him curled up in the corner of the patio so many nights. So figure I'd give the neighbor a chance to get serious about taking him in if she really wanted to before I move, look after him best I could in the mean time, and got him enrolled with a good rescue that should be able to get him to the right forever home.

I've also thought a time or two about getting on with a good dog rescue somewhere near home and maybe foster one or two pups. Figured this would be a good test of what it was like to take care of and even let yourself bond a little with a critter that you know you're not keeping as your own. Feels good to feel like I did a good thing for him, though still hurts right at this moment after just surrendering him like I lost one of my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back