Status
Not open for further replies.
im a blood donor (pint) when i give blood 1st attempt straight in 2 seconds not a mark or a bruise wee buns
if i were to give a sample of blood (10ml) at my GP i feel like taking it off them "here il do it meself ive seen it done often enough" sometimes people are useless at their job.fingers crossed ya get a good one.
:pighug:

I 100% agree with you @Mossy I hope you not let your mom's bad experience prevent ya from having it done, it's so nice to get out of agony and sometimes surgery is the only way that can happen.... as @hesgone13 has said, getting up after surgery is super important and aids in your recovery so much and also your PT, that is partially why my 2nd one didn't go as well...My PT sucked after my 2nd surgery....so it's important you kinda push yourself through the pain right after surgery, it will get better I promise!!! I was in agony after this 8hr back surgery, But I had got up like 6-8hrs after it and nurses said I was like the only patient to ever make it out of the room, most only make it to the chair right next to the bed, very few make it to the door, she said none ever made out the door down to nurses station and back to room on same day, the whole way back from nurses station they were trying convince me to sit, I'm like nope! I got this!!!

Unique........That is the way to do it! The more you push yourself[within reason, please!]the better and faster the good results will come!

Unique........That is the way to do it! The more you push yourself[within reason, please!]the better and faster the good results will come!
yeah, they kept stressing that to me before I had this major back surgery... they told me they'd be getting me up later that day and it was extremely important I push myself to do it and not let the pain get the best of me...I think I'm doing really well, only 2weeks post-op Considering I had a 5level fusion.. I am so pleased the surgeon went above & beyond what he was originally suppose to do... I was scheduled for a 3level fusion & 4-5hr surgery. when they opened me, They said my back was in really bad shape, bone fracture,bone spurs, bone over-growth, also had twisted & curved spine that he had to straighten & 3 herniated disc's, the surgery ended up going little over 8hrs... last I seen clock when they gave injection on way to operating room was 715am, when I woke in recovery room very first thing I seen was a clock it said 320pm, I'm like wow it's late!!!

Last edited:
im a blood donor (pint) when i give blood 1st attempt straight in 2 seconds not a mark or a bruise wee buns
if i were to give a sample of blood (10ml) at my GP i feel like taking it off them "here il do it meself ive seen it done often enough" sometimes people are useless at their job.fingers crossed ya get a good one.
they went through 5 bags of blood during this back surgery...My 1st hip replacement I donated blood to myself but that is a major pain in the ass, it's harder to donate to yourself then it is to another person, crazy right??? what blood type are ya? I'm O neg.

yeah, they kept stressing that to me before I had this major back surgery... they told me they'd be getting me up later that day and it was extremely important I push myself to do it and not let the pain get the best of me...I think I'm doing really well, only 2weeks post-op Considering I had a 5level fusion.. I am so pleased the surgeon went above & beyond what he was originally suppose to do... I was scheduled for a 3level fusion & 4-5hr surgery. when they opened me, They said my back was in really bad shape, bone fracture,bone spurs, bone over-growth, also had twisted & curved spine that he had to straighten, the surgery ended up going little over 8hrs... last I seen clock when they gave injection on way to operating room was 715am, when I woke in recovery room very first thing I seen was a clock it said 320pm, I'm like wow it's late!!!

Glad you are having good results with your back surgery......that is an extremely complex and difficult procedure, but it sounds like you had a good dude doing it. Good luck with your continued rehab!

they went through 5 bags of blood during this back surgery...My 1st hip replacement I donated blood to myself but that is a major pain in the ass, it's harder to donate to yourself then it is to another person, crazy right??? what blood type are ya? I'm O neg.

I'm A+..........at least the blood supply is much safer now.......or I would have done the same thing but luckily I didn't need any blood.

Glad you are having good results with your back surgery......that is an extremely complex and difficult procedure, but it sounds like you had a good dude doing it. Good luck with your continued rehab!
yes, it was a major surgery.... the fusion was gps guided, they had all these electrodes in my head,arms legs in-case they hit a nerve it will let them know to back off...I am really happy how well I seem to be recovering, I'm doing much better then I thought I'd be this soon after it...

I'm A+..........at least the blood supply is much safer now.......or I would have done the same thing but luckily I didn't need any blood.
yes, much-much safer now vs when I had my 1st hip done....I didn't bother to donate to myself after that, several times They'd take it and then refuse it, couple times I had very very slight temp in 1 ear and not the other and wouldn't take, another time my pulse was slightly high half way through taken it, so they wouldn't accept, it's really hard to donate blood to yourself...

A+ im on the bonemarrow register aswell,they just havnt found a match yet.anything for a few days off work eh!
cyclist have been donating blood to themselves for years.
it would figure thered have to be more red tape involved just to get your own blood back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back