Status
Not open for further replies.
I have limited space, 2x4x5 tent, so if the 2Ltr grow does really well with the “big girls” then I might go to 1 gallon, 5 gallon “big girls” could blow my tent in out (not really just a crappy grow, not optimized)
I've got a 4x4x...7 or 8 tall tent. I usually grow in 5 gallon buckets so the roots have plenty of space...that and I had a bunch sitting around. I figure I can fit 9 untrained girls in there, and maybe 4 trained girls if I untie them in time. I don't really do much "optimization"... Feed, light, and light conversation is all mine get.

I've got a 4x4x...7 or 8 tall tent. I usually grow in 5 gallon buckets so the roots have plenty of space...that and I had a bunch sitting around. I figure I can fit 9 untrained girls in there, and maybe 4 trained girls if I untie them in time. I don't really do much "optimization"... Feed, light, and light conversation is all mine get.
What you veg and flower with? :pass:

Sent from my SM-J327U using Tapatalk

Thats one way to do it, never really thought about that way. Wish I had the room for a big tent just not in the cards right now. Would love a 4x4

What u mean? Nutes and pot size?
Yeah thats pretty vauge huh..[emoji55] Was actually curious about light setup! I Veg in a 4x4 with 5 gal buckets with a dual 315w cmh Fixture and then i have 2 3600w Cobs for flower( 532w draw ea) i have a 1000w hps and MH but idk which to use on which tent.

Sent from my SM-J327U using Tapatalk

I'm practicing autos in the same size tent before I turn my big room full of autos, I wanna get ten nice runs completed across the top most strains I will run the most from. Before that but I been learning to max out my tent and 5gal gals with push it for sure. But training will prevail. Done enough photos to handle them but really want to get the running of autos down before investing a ton of effort.

Thats one way to do it, never really thought about that way. Wish I had the room for a big tent just not in the cards right now. Would love a 4x4
I'm glad I bought it, instead of the 3x3 I originally looked at. One plant in my last grow almost took up a 3x3 space when she was at her widest.

@912GreenSkell

Just made a batch of tincture out of that 1/2 oz of sugar leaves/popcorn from the speed bud grow.

Wanted to give you the numbers and some interesting things I discovered..

Since it was sugar leaves, I used 25% less than the 2oz solvent per .125oz plant. I figure that is still way more than enough solvent to capture the goods..

I find that monitoring temperature while the solution is cooking is only important until it hits around 170F. As long as you keep the water at a simmer, it's already pretty close to 212F, and the booze in the jar cannot possibly go above about 170F anyway until its boiled down to just water. (Before any chemists kick in with "superheated," there are nucleation points a-plenty on the ground plant matter. It won't exceed the azeotrope.)

Though with that much plant matter, you probably want to stir the mixture often during the 20 minute boil. I noticed the herb clumped up on the bottom, reducing the surface area for the alcohol to reach. Occasional stirring not only restores the massive surface area, but it also makes sure the solution doesn't get too concentrated in spots, slowing the rate of dissolution. I have no idea what the actual rate at which CBD, THC, and THCA can dissolve in ethanol, so I want to make the process as effective as possible. (Yes, I am assuming there is still some THCA present, but the decarboxylation reaction should continue in the hot ethanol.)

Here are the cooling, still-unfiltered results (a bit blurry, but you get the idea):

20180613_214630.jpg

I'll upload another pic once it is cooled and filtered. Not anticipating it to be as strong as stuff made from just flower, but i'll titrate the heck out of it over the next few days, I'm sure.. :pass:

@912GreenSkell

Forgot to mention. While researching the azeotropic boiling point of ethanol and water, I discovered that methanol doesn't have an azeotrope with water. Meaning, when distilling booze, the methanol boils at the lowest temperature, and when the temp goes up, it's ALL gone (next is azeotropic alcohol (95.5% pure), followed by just water). Without this property, we'd be unable to make safe-to-drink booze.. Gotta love science!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back