Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a class on photography. @Padawan1972 skills are on point.
Agreed. I just don't have the right camera that is easy enough. My old iPad and IPhone just do any justice to anyone or anything. It's sad, I know:rolleyes1:

Agreed. I just don't have the right camera that is easy enough. My old iPad and IPhone just do any justice to anyone or anything. It's sad, I know:rolleyes1:
I know @912GreenSkell has a camera that isn't to high priced and takes some wonderful pics. I just can't remember the model. Maybe when he pops back in he can let you know.

We need a class on photography. @Padawan1972 skills are on point.

One of the best camera lines out there for the "average joe" to produce great macro is the Olympus Tough T4 or T5 series. Yes, several hundred dollars...but for a Point and shoot for the casual shooter..It can and will do everything you need. Great all around camera, and just awesome at getting some great macro shots and waterproof, and can take a beating. Once you have a camera, let it be a point or shoot or a DSLR with a macro lens. You got to understand "light". Shooting in Auto mode will most likely leave you with drab average pictures. You need to learn how to shoot in Aperture priority or in Program mode to have total control of what you want the camera to do. Understanding exposure and how to adjust it on your camera will be your salvation to great pictures. To much exposure , your pictures will be over exposed and flat with no true detail, not enough exposure will leave you guessing what you are looking at.

Ya Know.The Fact that this Judge position is sort of sinking in,I gotta say Thanks ,and WOW!! All at the same time if I may.I got in to this to Teach and help people grow TOP SHELF meds organically.I have Multiple Sclerosis(Secondary Progressive I believe) and when I was in the Hospital( ( Sometime back) I had a life altering experience as far as simple garden help, that does help.And I worked what I felt was right not dealing with a flawed mathematics system we all tend to covet and its worked beautifully.ya cant beat nature and all its beauty.Period.But these are my styles and opinions only. But this is sinking in and I have to give a HUGE thank you to this and ALL communities everywhere that dont have a bias ignorance against Autos. I GUARANTEE ill come into your party with all my shitty auto Bud and I will BET noone guesses its an Auto.I ALWAYS get,man thats yummy.Thanks!!what it that?!

So again ,Thank you to Staff here,All vendors and guests too. And each and every grower here(especially you organic guys n gals .LOL Im a Bit Bias).Each grower,seed producer ,Vendor...EVERYONE,and anyone who has had anything to do with Automatic Flowering Cannabis Medicine.I am truly Humbled that this and other communities have given me such love,honor and respect over the many years I have tried helping people here and locally.

It is a ture true Honor to have had attained a position at a 1st annual Event Dedicated to Auto's. Thank you James! AFN and people everywhere.I mean that from the top and bottom of my Soul,Truly.Thank You. :)

It truly feels like it never has before to be here. Thanks Guys n Gals.

Thank you bro for being who you are,you've helped me in more ways than you know and for that I'm forever grateful..Hope all is well with you :bump:

One of the best camera lines out there for the "average joe" to produce great macro is the Olympus Tough T4 or T5 series. Yes, several hundred dollars...but for a Point and shoot for the casual shooter..It can and will do everything you need. Great all around camera, and just awesome at getting some great macro shots and waterproof, and can take a beating. Once you have a camera, let it be a point or shoot or a DSLR with a macro lens. You got to understand "light". Shooting in Auto mode will most likely leave you with drab average pictures. You need to learn how to shoot in Aperture priority or in Program mode to have total control of what you want the camera to do. Understanding exposure and how to adjust it on your camera will be your salvation to great pictures. To much exposure , your pictures will be over exposed and flat with no true detail, not enough exposure will leave you guessing what you are looking at.

Several of the old version canon powershots take good macro shots too, and can be bought on the cheap($100 new). They dont have the waterproof or shock resistance, but they do indeed take fantastic pics. I so wanted a tg5, but the price was too high for me, and the vid capabilities too low. I ended up with a Nikon. In some ways its much better than my old canon, but i think the canon is better at micro photography

Hey guys. So pretty keen travel photographer and do quite a lot of product photography. I actually have the Olympus tough camera and for underwater it is EXCELLENT!! I’ll upload some shots to show it off :)
Can’t say I used it above water level as I have a canon 6d mii. Use 100mm l series macro lense for a lot of the product photography and it’s also great for portraits.
When shooting macro be sure to use the lowest aperture possible, f1.4 for example. Will reduce the risk of camera shake as you’ll be able to have a higher shutter speed. Don’t be afraid to turn the iso up a bit, but camera dependant, this will have a grain effect the higher you go. Best bet is to use a tripod and get some extra light shining on your subject!
For even cheaper solutions there are some nifty little attachments you can get for camera phones. Not gonna be worthy of blowing up poster size! But a cheap alternative.
Can’t tell you how excited I am to take photos of BUD! Just another couple of months

Photo upload playing silly buggers with me. Will try with Tapatalk

Hey guys. So pretty keen travel photographer and do quite a lot of product photography. I actually have the Olympus tough camera and for underwater it is EXCELLENT!! I’ll upload some shots to show it off :)
Can’t say I used it above water level as I have a canon 6d mii. Use 100mm l series macro lense for a lot of the product photography and it’s also great for portraits.
When shooting macro be sure to use the lowest aperture possible, f1.4 for example. Will reduce the risk of camera shake as you’ll be able to have a higher shutter speed. Don’t be afraid to turn the iso up a bit, but camera dependant, this will have a grain effect the higher you go. Best bet is to use a tripod and get some extra light shining on your subject!
For even cheaper solutions there are some nifty little attachments you can get for camera phones. Not gonna be worthy of blowing up poster size! But a cheap alternative.
Can’t tell you how excited I am to take photos of BUD! Just another couple of months

Photo upload playing silly buggers with me. Will try with Tapatalk

Great tips!
I was seriously considering a tg-5 for my new camera, but the low resolution video turned me off the model. The macro mode on the nikon coolpix 9500 is only so-so, but it takes pretty fantastic video(still figuring out the sweet spots with the automatic focusing), and it only cost me $67.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back