Status
Not open for further replies.
it folded itself in two when i turned my back on it to mix some nutes,i thought what the hell was that noise :shrug:

Timber...................:crying:.............I had one on the patio like that early summer....the bud supports wouldn't support them...I worried that if we got a high wind she would Clap herself to death...:biggrin:

One collective unit, ok i can work with that, "baggsy/dibbs" i get to bunk with 7 of 9

Hubby and Son's favourite lady...for many years.........:d5:.........

I was lucky and on a roll at the time and it flowed effortlessly!!
I just had a go at trying to rhyme something and it all just went out the window,

I used to get the job of doing all the rude verses for cards at work....:crying:...I'm just out of practice...

I have 4 plants in there in 18 liter autopots but not running the autopot system, just using the pots.
Normally i use 8.5 Liter autopot pots and the girls tend to be a bit more well behaved.

Mine is in 40 ltr.....:pass:..but a three-some..cuddled up.....

Wow mossy you know how to throw a party and boy is there some cleaning up to do (I notice you have already hidden the wine bottle in the picture:rofl: you don't want the peeps see how much debauchery went on..right?)!:crying::cheers::drunks::jointman:

Yeah...I Should co-co...:coffee:....hubby skipped out to golf to avoid it....

What strains do you have there?

Giggle Juice...Dragon x Northern Lights...and the pink pistilled ones are NL dom..that's where the trait come from.

I've got no Autos in ATM.....

Way back in time I remember reading an article right back at the start of the auto revolution where Mossy's Purple Jems were being talked about, little did I know at time I be chatting to you!

Back when I were a Lad...?......:eyebrows:...coz everyone thought I was a bloke.....:biggrin:

Your mossy are the - Queen of canna, The Most Righteous Lady of the Herb and Most Excellent Bringer of the Fost in the Order of the Green Thumb (which I believe is your full title) ....of course you are the winner...did some some say chicken dinner??

You are on the Happy Bud again....aren't you.....?....I'll have to confiscate it.....pass it around the staff room.....:crying:

Lovely tent @thegavfrog ...:headbang:

Timber...................:crying:.............I had one on the patio like that early summer....the bud supports wouldn't support them...I worried that if we got a high wind she would Clap herself to death...:biggrin:

Hubby and Son's favourite lady...for many years.........:d5:.........

I used to get the job of doing all the rude verses for cards at work....:crying:...I'm just out of practice...

Mine is in 40 ltr.....:pass:..but a three-some..cuddled up.....

Yeah...I Should co-co...:coffee:....hubby skipped out to golf to avoid it....

Giggle Juice...Dragon x Northern Lights...and the pink pistilled ones are NL dom..that's where the trait come from.

I've got no Autos in ATM.....

Back when I were a Lad...?......:eyebrows:...coz everyone thought I was a bloke.....:biggrin:

You are on the Happy Bud again....aren't you.....?....I'll have to confiscate it.....pass it around the staff room.....:crying:

Lovely tent @thegavfrog ...:headbang:

Why thank you [emoji3]

Nuggets

Afternoon @thegavfrog ...:pass:..sharing one...

I Like to wind the guys up....:headbang:....[HASHTAG]#staffroomtalk[/HASHTAG]

Hey how’s it going @Mossy ?? Yeah that tent has 2 x 20 l pots with a 70 l reservoir, I normally run 4 pots but I ended up with 2 x autos in the other pots, I plant is an OG Cush and the other is a pineapple chunk the og is going a bit quicker than the PC but not enough to worry about, nice to meet you. Puff puff puff.

Nuggets
e220b4da46e46cc82bf14879fe01c250.jpg

Still no seeds though!
I did also notice it has 3% CBG in it, which is great for eye health and diabetes.

@FullDuplex for availability....:headbang:....and CBG info....he Discovered it when the Bud was tested...so he has the Knowledge....:biggrin:

(I'm losing weight and could possibly reverse it by getting to a normal healthy BMI)

Would reverse it......I've kept an eye on the research coz most of it was done in Newcastle....:coffee:...and it falls into the med homework....

I plant is an OG Cush

Mention OG anything and you have my Attention.....:hookah:...they look wonderfully green and healthy,,,,,:bravo:

@FullDuplex for availability....:headbang:....and CBG info....he Discovered it when the Bud was tested...so he has the Knowledge....:biggrin:

Would reverse it......I've kept an eye on the research coz most of it was done in Newcastle....:coffee:...and it falls into the med homework....

Mention OG anything and you have my Attention.....:hookah:...they look wonderfully green and healthy,,,,,:bravo:

Yeah the leaves look a little off, had to correct a slight ph problem, but at the moment they r loving bat shit. It’s a Buddha Tao OG Cush. I had 3 of them, this one had the tightest nodes and just looked like it should [emoji106][emoji817]%

Nuggets

One of the many reasons I am glad I don't drink coffee anymore was just how crappy a day would instantly get if I didn't have any in the morning. For some reason, tea doesn't have that effect on me.

My father had a few bouts with arrhythmia in recent years. They "shocked" it back to "normal," as he described it. Fortunately he has not needed a pacemaker yet. I am starting to notice it (or at least I think that's what it is) with me as well. I am sure things will improve once they get ya wired up proper.

Thanks, Mike! I definitely hope they wire me up proper!

Arty, the truncheon ... what exactly does that do, measure the presence of each nutrient?

It's a nutrient meter for measuring nutrient solutions.
It measures
  • PPM 500 scale mostly used in the USA
  • PPM 700 scale mostly used in the UK & Cananda
  • CF measure electrical conductivity
  • EC measure electrical conductivity
Bluelab Truncheon Nutrient Meter Features

• Fully waterproof
  • Auto on/off function
  • No calibration required
  • Daylight readable blue LED’s
  • Battery operated – 3 x AA batteries included
  • No buttons, switches or knobs
  • Provided with EC, CF, ppm 700 and ppm 500 scales
It is also nice a rugged and is great for stirring nutrients in you water.

To convert EC to CF multiply by 10 so an EC of 1.6 EC will be 16 CF
They are both measurement of electrical conductivity which like PPM tells you what strength of solution you have.

When talking to fellow growers it is important to know which scale you are using otherwise you may, overfeed or underfeed your plants.

Here is a chart showing the different scales
Nutrient-concentration-conversions-EC-PPM-CF.jpg

In the above chart Hanna & Dutch Master are 500 scale
Truncheon is shown as 700 scale (truncheon can also show 500 scale, CF & EC)
The most popular scales are 500 scale and 700 scale and EC.

Different nutrient companies use different scale to measure their nutes and also give feeding advice in the scale the use.

WHAT PPM SCALE IS YOUR NUTRIENT FORMULA REFERRING TO?
Manufacturer Scale

Advanced Nutrients 700 scale

Botanicare 700 scale

Cutting Edge Solutions 500 scale

Dutch Master 500 scale

Dyna-Gro 500 scale

FoxFarm 700 scale using dechlorinated tap water

General Hydroponics 500 scale using reverse osmosis water

General Organics 500 scale using reverse osmosis water

House & Garden 700 scale

Humboldt Nutrients 500 scale

Hydro Organics/ Earth Juice 500 scale

Miller Chemical & Fertilizer

Nectar for the Gods 700 scale

Rock Nutrients 700 scale

Roots Organics 500 scale

Soul Synthetics 500 scale

Technaflora 500 scale

There are a number of different scales of measurement for PPM, here is the nitty-gritty:

PPM MEASURES PARTS PER MILLION.
PPM is known as dimensionless quantities; that is, they are pure numbers with no associated units of measurement. A mass concentration of 2mg/kg – 2 parts per million – 2ppm – 2 x 10-6.

There are many different scales used for different industries around the world and for many different reasons! Did you know there are more than two scales? The most widely used scales in Hydroponics are the 500 scale, 650 scale and the 700 scale.

CF AND EC ARE MEASURES OF ELECTRICALLY-CHARGED NUTRIENT IONS IN A SOLUTION.
Pure water will not conduct electricity. Water usually conducts electricity because it is full of impurities (in our case, electrically charged nutrient ions). The two black dots on the end of Bluelab nutrient probes are called electrodes. When they are placed in a solution, an electrical current passes from one electrode to the other, counting the number of electrically charged ions present. This represents the units measured – CF or EC.

WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
The ppm 700 scale is based on measuring the KCl or potassium chloride content of a solution. The ppm 500 is based on measuring the NaCl or sodium chloride content of a solution and is also referred to as TDS – total dissolved solids. Individual nutrient ions have different electrical effects! The true ppm of a solution can only be determined by a chemical analysis. ppm cannot be accurately measured by a CF or EC meter. They are present on Bluelab products as a conversion guide only. The conversion is the following:

2.4EC x 500 = 1200ppm (500 scale) or 1200ppm / 500 = 2.4EC

2.4EC x 700 = 1680ppm (700 scale) or 1680ppm / 700 = 2.4EC

If written instructions say you should grow your crop at 1100 ppm – how do you know which scale the author is referring to? Is the scale on your ppm meter right for the job? If the contents were compiled in the USA, it could be the 650 or 500 scale. If the book is written in the UK, it could be the 700 scale. If it was from Australia, it could be any of the three!

If you grow using ppm, you will need to know the following:

• What ppm scale is the book referring to?
  • What ppm scale is your meter using?
  • Which standard or calibration solution should you use for your meter?
  • What ppm scale is the nutrient formula referring to?
copied and pasted from - https://www.thegoodearthorganics.com/tips/ppm/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back