Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past 20 years I have had this shitty desk chair. Given that I seem to spend a majority of my time when sitting in this very chair, I think it's time for an upgrade.

So I was thinking, purely for how funny the idea was, if a company like La-Z-Boy made a desk chair it would probably look like dad's reclining super padded comfy chair, only with wheels.

Well, while they are way to expensive for my budget.... They sure look nice.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=la-z-boy+office

Were I a king, I can see a couple of them that would qualify as my throne.. My beer warming on the desk as I snore away at my desk.
If you want a good desk chair look for a 24 hour operators chair! These chairs are designed for 24 hours a day 365 days a year and are used in jobs like air traffic control.
I was getting through at least one chair a year as i'm a big muscular guy (not a blobby whale!!) and I spend a lot of time working behind a screen.
The chair I purchased set me back £250 and came with a 5 year guarantee and that covers 24 hours a day for 365 days a year for 5 years.
I have now gone through the guarantee and the chair is still as solid as the day i bought it.
High out lay compared to lesser chairs but It has saved me so much money and continues to!
One day it might need recovering but it is a leather chair and it is holding up well in that regard.
I don't see me knackering this chair any time soon and if an office chair can be knackered I'm the man to do it. Yeah I fidget rock around, stretch ect which will take it's toll if a chair aint built to last.

Have a look at this, it is the kind of chair you want - https://www.officefurnitureonline.c...irs-200-300/komac-one-24-hour-task-chair.html
036938.jpg

Here's the specs
  • The One 24 hour seating by Komac, one of the UK's premium seating manufacturers
  • Komac is a carbon neutral company maintaining an environmental policy of reducing, reusing and recycling
  • Manufactured in the UK by experienced highly skilled craftsmen
  • Carefully selected high quality materials are used throughout
  • The One 24 hour chair is fully upholstered including the backrest
  • Designed for 24/7 use to suit demanding applications such as call centres, ambulance service, police and security personnel
  • Tested in accordance with British Standard BS5459-2 for 24 hour use
  • Lumbar sculpted backrest and contoured seat pad for enhanced ergonomics
  • Optional inflatable lumbar support by means of an adjustable airbag in the backrest
  • Synchonised side mechanism offers optimum unrestricted movement, aiding concentration while you work
  • Concealed back height adjustment ensures you feel supported while you sit
  • Seat slide adjusts seat depth to user’s body enhancing comfort and ergonomics
  • Gas height seat adjustment sets the chair at the users optimum working height
  • Waterfall front seat eases pressure on the thighs and helps maintain good blood flow
  • Add optional multi-directional arms for extra comfort
  • 5 star base in polished aluminium
  • Set on high quality easy glide castors
  • Choose castors to suit your floor surface - carpets or hardfloors
  • High quality CMHR foams are used throughout
  • Beautifully upholstered in-house by expert machinists
  • Fully upholstered in a choice of fabrics to help you create a unique interior space
  • Recommended for use 24 hours per day
  • Accredited to BS EN 5459:2000 Part 2 for severe office use
  • Accredited to BS EN ISO 9241:1999 Part 5 meets ergonomic requirements for office work with visual displays
  • Accredited to BS EN 1335:2000 Parts 1, 2 and 3 for office seating dimensional requirements
  • 5 year manufacturers guarantee
If you break it through normal use you'll get a replacement chair.
So far I haven't managed to break mine and now my guarantee has run out and it is still going strong.
Do you research and get that guarantee for 5 years, you wont regret it and it will save you money in the long run.

I'm gonna try and wean off AN myself. I've seen a lot of promising reports with Megacrop so, I'm all in. Just ordered a fancy bluelab combo meter and the Sweet Candy, to go with the Megacrop and Bud Explosion. Imagine I'll get the full line up eventually.
Bluelab instruments are pure fire , i have the Bluelab truncheon and it is frikkin awesome!

@Mossy this ones for you
View attachment 946819 View attachment 946820

Largest of order for one location of Jem since we introduced it this summer. People can’t get enough.

Wow @FullDuplex [HASHTAG]#freetheweed[/HASHTAG] :growing::growing::growing::growing::growing:

LEGAL JEM for sale...a day I never thought I would See....

I Think we need to declare 1 Sept as an AFN Holiday.............:headbang:...it is what we set up for........all those years ago...and..we Made it...

Well..you did...but you know....we are Simply [HASHTAG]#afnborg[/HASHTAG] ..for the Collective..

borg1.jpg

Wow [HASHTAG]#freetheweed[/HASHTAG] :growing::growing::growing::growing::growing:

LEGAL JEM for sale...a day I never thought I would See....

I Think we need to declare 1 Sept as an AFN Holiday.............:headbang:...it is what we set up for........all those years ago...and..we Made it...

Well..you did...but you know....we are Simply [HASHTAG]#afnborg[/HASHTAG] ..for the Collective..

borg1.jpg
One collective unit, ok i can work with that, "baggsy/dibbs" i get to bunk with 7 of 9
jeri-ryan-2-600x337.jpg
mmm collective bunking!:crying:

Just as long as we aren't linked to the other Borg
upload_2018-9-1_9-54-8.jpeg
aka the "two spotted mofo little bar steward"! (I dare not say their real name)!

:smoking::vibe:HAPPY AFN HOLIDAY:vibe::smoking:
:astar::astar::astar::yay::smokeout::frog::smokeout::yay::astar::astar::astar:
:astar::astar::bong::karmacloud::vibes::karmacloud::bong::astar::astar:
:astar::bighug::gary::bighug::astar:
:astar::vibe::pass::vibe::astar:
:astar::astar::astar::astar:
:astar::astar:
:astar:

Last edited:
Now if it isn't to forward of me, could I ask you to show me your bush and I'll show you mine:crying:
Afterall it is why I tagged you in a few days ago!
I do need to say my growth has been quite explosive so I need to do some trimming (defoliation), so please excuse me if me bush looks a little unkempt.:rofl:

so here's a peek of what I speak, for your perusal as per usual (yeah i went there and did some rhyming poetry):vibe:
dscn4382-jpg.946624
dscn4372-jpg.946625
dscn4398-jpg.946626

Maaan...........

@arty zan

she's Killer

You gorilla :nono:...I haven't quite got this rhyming thing off pat yet..............

:crying::crying::crying:

How many are in there....don't tell me 1..or I may be forced to keel you.....:shooty:....:crying:

IMG_5500.JPG

Mine are sitting amongst a patio clean up....:nono:..last two days I have been taking the grape vine down..messy job.

IMG_5513.JPG

No where near the size of yours...but..half the light hours that you indoor wuss's get.....:biggrin:....

Normally I don't fert much...so this season I decided to go for it.
Canna ferts...tomato food..liquid guano..mollases...two waterings of food a day and one of water...so they have been well fed...but I must admit..up to now...I don't see a difference to what I normally get....

BUT..there is still time....

And.....

IMG_5516.JPG

IMG_5517.JPG

Mine have Pink pistills...:kiss:...so I'm Winning.....

:crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back