Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in vegging under a600w hps at 24". I'm doing DTW feeding 8 times a day at 1300ppm. They are day 21 Northern Lights Auto. I'm at full strength on all the nutes.

@chefdave i saw your grow. I believe lol.View attachment 938799View attachment 938800

My First Grow
Me vs. 00 Seeds Automatik Collections 600w Top Fed DTW

DAMNNNNN things move fast in this thread, hard to keep up!!!
For whatever reason I assumed you were pure hydro recirculating, those are the figures I quoted above and in Autotron's grow thread. B
ut if you're using drain to waste you can reduce strength 50% right off the start & stay there. At 1300ppm you're running way too strong and as it builds up in your medium it will start causing problems. DTW should be running 650 - 700PPM. Plus my comment of watching ppm's after feeding won't work with drain to waste. So be safe, dilute at least 50%, and watch what she does.
At day 21 with a 600W HID you can lower your lights a bit, but until you get a good nute regimen going, maybe you're better to leave the light where it is and let the plants grow to the light. That way they acclimate to the light strength & nutrient strength.

Northern Lights.... Mmmmm, good weed! My first auto was an NL - Big Bud cross, wish I'd saved some.

I thought my feed was strong but I don't really know as I had seen people running high ppm with a DTW. my water is 200ppm already so I just kinda winged it watching for nute burn.

Do they look bad or something? I wasn't sure if my growth was alright for three weeks.
DAMNNNNN things move fast in this thread, hard to keep up!!!
For whatever reason I assumed you were pure hydro recirculating, those are the figures I quoted above and in Autotron's grow thread. B
ut if you're using drain to waste you can reduce strength 50% right off the start & stay there. At 1300ppm you're running way too strong and as it builds up in your medium it will start causing problems. DTW should be running 650 - 700PPM. Plus my comment of watching ppm's after feeding won't work with drain to waste. So be safe, dilute at least 50%, and watch what she does.
At day 21 with a 600W HID you can lower your lights a bit, but until you get a good nute regimen going, maybe you're better to leave the light where it is and let the plants grow to the light. That way they acclimate to the light strength & nutrient strength.

Northern Lights.... Mmmmm, good weed! My first auto was an NL - Big Bud cross, wish I'd saved some.

My First Grow
Me vs. 00 Seeds Automatik Collections 600w Top Fed DTW

I have a couple NL autos that came in as freebies. Might run one over the winter. One of those strains I've known about for a good number of years, but never had the chance to try it.

Their color is good, in fact was surprised when you said 1300ppm. The only thing I see "funny" is the front half of your container, that plant or portion of plant looks a bit twisted. I wrote that off as leaf tucking or supercropping? That twisting is not normal unless a result of stress training.
Your growth is good for three weeks, too. So to make sure I understand your setup & not making bad assumptions - you said feeding eight times a day - that to me normally means a recirculating system - you also said 35 gal. reservoir - but you also said DRAIN TO WASTE where you do not re-use the solution.
But I see top-feed tubes, so I'm confused.
But regardless, 1300ppm, even with 200ppm water, is way too high.
I just noticed the link in your sig to your grow thread, let's switch to there so we can keep up with this rather than missing replies flying by on here. Just tag me with your reply to this thread and I'll come over there for a look

I have a couple NL autos that came in as freebies. Might run one over the winter. One of those strains I've known about for a good number of years, but never had the chance to try it.
NL is a top toke of a night, I've got the plain NL running at the moment as well as NL blueberry

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

I hope not i have 4 of them in! It's nice if you like a good indica, also seems to be a fairly forgiving plant
e136e41f06f30376fed74fdc1da7a612.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Northern Lights is one of those legendary strains that everyone seems to fall in love with. Easy to grow, good yield, great bag appeal. and an excellent daytime smoke. It won't knock you on your ass, but it's one of those strains that everyone who grows it, ends up growing it again. I did it twice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back