Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I ever doubted white light, as much as I doubted some LED manufacturers' claims that they could tailor light output to the spectrum most needed by the plant. In theory, yes. But did anyone do it in practice?

I think everyone fell into the trap of just assuming that credible research was done on the "blurple" type of lights. Such are the hazards of riding the edge of tech. I think full-spectrum COBs were almost an evolutionary certainty, as the data really started to pile up.

At this point I just wanna get my nutes dialed in and don't need the excess marketing especially when I ask for a product I don't need to be upsold. I just switched to a 35 gallon res as I'm lazy and refuse to hand water or mix nutes every single day. I just want it simple.
Honestly, that was my impression as well. AN is a pretty high-markup product at the retail level, from what I see.

I use AN now, and while the cost doesn't bother me that much (a few dollars of nutes for a couple ounces of dank is a fair trade-off in my books). But having to break out the chem-lab to measure out and mix 6 (count em) 6 different liquids twice a day is getting old. Gonna take a shot at megacrop for the next start.

My First Grow
Me vs. 00 Seeds Automatik Collections 600w Top Fed DTW

That was my thought as well. I plan to add ArmorSi, FloraBlend, and diamond nectar but I'm not convinced of boosters to willingly spend that much. I want thick stems and roots like claws lol.

My First Grow

You're dead on, D. It's not snake oil, they do have a place in your grow room. They let you raise phosphorous and potash levels in your grow without adding more nitrogen. The owner of AN has had some pretty offensive things to say about GH over the years, 99% of which is BS. AN has some good products but I won't do business with assholes. So next time you're in your hydro store, tell your guy I said he's full of tomato paste that was growing in shit.
AN's P and K is no different that GH's. And I've used KoolBloom for years and can assure you it does NOT affect the taste of your weed.
Most of GH's (and other vendors) additives have a place and purpose and will help total yield, but as a general rule, I find GH's recommended dosages are off by about 50% (too much) and their bloom feed schedules by 35 - 50% too much as well.
Diamond Nectar, KoolBloom and Floralicious Plus I'm total sold on. I won't grow without them.
ArmorSi and CalMag - don't leave home without them, ESPECIALLY IF you're using RO or have naturally soft water.
FloraNectar and FloraBlend? I use them, but might play with leaving them out one day. I'm just not sure enough to NOT use them. Sorry me.
If you have the time, look at @Autotron 's grow thread at starting at about page 3 - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/autotron-does-hso-uk-cheese-hydro-cob.66293/page-3 I laid out some tried and proven dosages from years of experience that work practically every time.
And kudo's to you for calling BS on your hydro guy!!!
:worship:

That was my thought as well. I plan to add ArmorSi, FloraBlend, and diamond nectar but I'm not convinced of boosters to willingly spend that much. I want thick stems and roots like claws lol.

My First Grow
I have used maxibloom dry liquid koolbloom and dry koolbloom fot 10 years gotten xcellent results i just switched to megacrop as my base but still use koolbloom dry and wet for flower. Dry koolbloom should be used last two weeks of flower. It is powerful stuff and will fry your plants if not used right 1/4 of a teaspoon per gallon max

@Damien50 I forgot to elaborate before I posted … the 35 - 50% over strength comments I made were based upon growing in a strong lighting environment. I veg my plants under 250W HID and bloom them under a 325W LED in a 5 sq. ft. tent, so I have LOTS of light. If you are running less (most do) you might need to reduce strengths even more. Just pay attention to what your ppm's tell you - if they go up as the plants drink, dilute your mix. If ppm's drop, they want more so increase strength.

Well in vegging under a600w hps at 24". I'm doing DTW feeding 8 times a day at 1300ppm. They are day 21 Northern Lights Auto. I'm at full strength on all the nutes.

@chefdave i saw your grow. I believe lol.
@Damien50 I forgot to elaborate before I posted … the 35 - 50% over strength comments I made were based upon growing in a strong lighting environment. I veg my plants under 250W HID and bloom them under a 325W LED in a 5 sq. ft. tent, so I have LOTS of light. If you are running less (most do) you might need to reduce strengths even more. Just pay attention to what your ppm's tell you - if they go up as the plants drink, dilute your mix. If ppm's drop, they want more so increase strength.
032be5abea4020a53d6bf66ca67a1489.jpeg
032be5abea4020a53d6bf66ca67a1489.jpeg

My First Grow

And that was the missing piece. I wasn't aware of how the bloom boosters worked but that makes me want to run the full line. The percentages are helpful. The first grow was in soil but the second in coco and I just winged the ppm and feed times because everyone seemed to have their own style.
You're dead on, D. It's not snake oil, they do have a place in your grow room. They let you raise phosphorous and potash levels in your grow without adding more nitrogen. The owner of AN has had some pretty offensive things to say about GH over the years, 99% of which is BS. AN has some good products but I won't do business with assholes. So next time you're in your hydro store, tell your guy I said he's full of tomato paste that was growing in shit.
AN's P and K is no different that GH's. And I've used KoolBloom for years and can assure you it does NOT affect the taste of your weed.
Most of GH's (and other vendors) additives have a place and purpose and will help total yield, but as a general rule, I find GH's recommended dosages are off by about 50% (too much) and their bloom feed schedules by 35 - 50% too much as well.
Diamond Nectar, KoolBloom and Floralicious Plus I'm total sold on. I won't grow without them.
ArmorSi and CalMag - don't leave home without them, ESPECIALLY IF you're using RO or have naturally soft water.
FloraNectar and FloraBlend? I use them, but might play with leaving them out one day. I'm just not sure enough to NOT use them. Sorry me.
If you have the time, look at @Autotron 's grow thread at starting at about page 3 - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/autotron-does-hso-uk-cheese-hydro-cob.66293/page-3 I laid out some tried and proven dosages from years of experience that work practically every time.
And kudo's to you for calling BS on your hydro guy!!!
:worship:

My First Grow

... Gonna take a shot at megacrop for the next start.

I think everyone fell into the trap of just assuming that credible research was done on the "blurple" type of lights. Such are the hazards of riding the edge of tech. I think full-spectrum COBs were almost an evolutionary certainty, as the data really started to pile up.

Got a bag of MegaCrop that I'll be trying out along with two of BigSm0's COB's later into the fall, so I'm also looking forward to trying that in a reduced light environment. I got their bloom booster as well. Like I always do, second guess myself - wish I'd bought four of his COB's instead of two!!!!!
I can't say too many bad things about my Blurples, they have done some decent grows for me, but totally agree with your assessment. "Good enough" is just not the best it can be, is it? You have to stop hearing all the fluff and start seeing all the sweet dense stinky-assed greasy buds to believe it!!!
And when all else fails, I kept every one of my HID's - still using my 250 for veg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back