Status
Not open for further replies.
912 greenskell ypur thinking out the box, happiness is better than saving.

The healthy lifestyle ypu live would make you considerably more poor in the city, try getting a pack of free range, nest laid eggs. Impossible that quality can Knever be matched by commercial producers, except for small farmers with healthy livestock, the quality is unmatched.

Question. I was given some bloom booster by AN from my hydro shop guy and was wondering if it's even necessary? I probably have a week or two before flowering but most of what I've read says proper nutrition beats bloom boosters.

I am pretty sure most grow/bloom nutrients will use the same quantity of bloom as grow. Check the feeding chart, should give you a good idea.

I would think as soon as it starts showing sex, switch to bloom. What nutes are you using? That would probably help someone get you an answer.

I'm using GH Floranova for bloom for flowering and GH Floranova grow.
I know what time about to switch I'm just wondering if I should just stop the grow and start from the bottom with bloom with about 300 ppm. Which is where I started the grow nutrients. The directions are the same.

For sure man, that sounds like fun. I have been doing an experiment of my own for many years. When the switch to led, is was apparent there were differences , but I wasn't sure what it was. Spectrum and intensity both have an effect on the plant, but the spectrum actually seems to affect the genetics themselves. You have to have grown enough of the same strain to get the idea.
My last grow I went for it totally and grew the same, normally stable strain from DP called Auto Night queen and ended up making four different phenos from the four light spectrums I introduced.
I noticed this before in other strains, many times, but I have never had the gonads to fill up my space with only one strain and do the experiment to finally see if there was any validity to this theory.

As far a second the stretch goes, I have has no issue getting stretch out of the plants and huge yields, but the plants that stretch most are still getting that blue spectrum you get from cobs and QB 's, plus the IR and deep reds at the opposite end. The combo of these two together get better stretch than if I use only veg light on the led blurple I also have.
I have a blurple that runs 180 w from wall, a Chinese QB look a like( nice parts with two meanwell 150 w drivers) running at 200w from wall, a cob light with two 3000k Cree chips running 150w from wall, and two individual cobs, both running 3500k, one at 65 watts with plastic white reflector, one at 100w with glass reflector, both Cree 3590 chips and meanwell drivers. I will still add a 6500k or 6000k into the mix and an additional IR as well to really give me some spectrum flexibility, plus theee are many options to build QB set ups with complete control over spectrum or buy the special Lights to better control that. The investment was pretty large, so I went this way as a first step. My wife would kill me if I spent more money on lights right now to fit the entire room, so I am doing it this way for now.
Let's see what we can do. I was going to start a grow at the end of this month. Where are you at in the cycle?

Right now I'm in vacation cycle :rofl: (well hell, I retired a coupla years back so always kinda in that mode but travel plans over the next month +). My current grow is a Dinafem Blue Cheese, transplanted to my 250W HID on 7/10. I've been meaning to start a grow thread on it but not finding the time, so I've been dropping pic's into @Autotron 's grow thread, you can see her at https://www.autoflower.org/threads/current-live-stoner-gossip-july-2018.66520/page-514#post-1864222 his thread post # 35
Soon as I have extra time (Fall season into winter) I'll need to chat a lot with you on the topic. In the meantime feel free to peruse what's already been said, link in my sig, line.
Thanks for stopping in!

I'm using GH Floranova for bloom for flowering and GH Floranova grow.
I know what time about to switch I'm just wondering if I should just stop the grow and start from the bottom with bloom with about 300 ppm. Which is where I started the grow nutrients. The directions are the same.
Here are the feed charts for the entire GH line. There are a few Floranova varients, so you'll have to find the one that matches what you're doing. Also I imagine these are for photo strains. If you are running an auto, you'll probably not want to exceed 1/2 recommended strength.

https://generalhydroponics.com/feedcharts

@Olde School Player @MedCzech :headbang:...we are setting up something New for [HASHTAG]#livestoners ..[/HASHTAG] taggable vendors..if you have any queries and want a bit of imput from the Vendors you will be able to Tag them in to [HASHTAG]#livestoners[/HASHTAG] for some answers/opinions.

@BigSm0 has already signed up for it.....and I'm sure @MarshydroTina would oblige if asked...:headbang:...

Thanks for the heads up, Mossy.
So is this any different than putting @ScreenName in the message to tag them in? If so, please advise, I could get some good use of that feature.
Big Sm0 and I have already corresponded, bought some of his products & intend to continue discussions with him as I move forward. And I'm already using Tina's products as well so her input would be welcome as well.

Question. I was given some bloom booster by AN from my hydro shop guy and was wondering if it's even necessary? I probably have a week or two before flowering but most of what I've read says proper nutrition beats bloom boosters.
Bloom boosters provide mode potassium and phosphorus. You can get by without them, but your yield will probably suffer. You don't want to just add more base nutrients because then you'll be getting way more than you need of some other elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back