Status
Not open for further replies.
That depends!! If you choose a 70 day strain because you are planning a vacation in 100 days, then its unlucky and unfortunate if the plant goes 120!! :D All depends on the situation, whether a long running plan is a benefit or a curse. I would rather see 70-100 days on a breeder quoted time, if thats what folks are showing through their grows. But again...is it the conditions of the grow or some unknown variable(s) that makes some growers consistently have longer running plants?
Apart from genetics and environment, what other factors could there be? If we rule out genetics, which I think it's safe to do, then it's purely a matter of having the right environment for the plant to pass through its life phases on "schedule."

I would be a very happy man if I could ever pull a pounder!! Shit at the moment i will be happy to see my first ounce off 1 plant. Dream big i suppose
Without a doubt, i would say it is an achievable goal in the right circumstance with the right strain/plant.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Apart from genetics and environment, what other factors could there be? If we rule out genetics, which I think it's safe to do, then it's purely a matter of having the right environment for the plant to pass through its life phases on "schedule."

All theory

Pots size....some guys think that pot size has an impact on finishing times.(i dont believe it personally as i have had many plants in totally unrestricted ground soil finish on time)

Fertilizer regime - Hard to say on this one!!

Temperature - I would say temp does have an impact on finishing times. Ask trailanimal ;)

Medium type ???

I would be a very happy man if I could ever pull a pounder!! Shit at the moment i will be happy to see my first ounce off 1 plant. Dream big i suppose

One thing that gives me an advantage over you in a big way is the increased hours of daylight in my location...being in the north we get 16 hours of sunlight on the longest day. Timing the majority of the flowering cycle to land during those longest daylight hour days, i feel has a large impact on overall flower production. But then again....you have sunlight intensity on your side!!

Stick with it bud....its a learning process we all must go through!! Remember the guide i wrote where i outline my first 2 seasons of outdoor autos. I was wondering if i was wasting time, resource and effort. Once i dialed in a few things they went from a half ounce to a half pound!

This has always fascinated me with autos....several growers i watch consistently have long running plants regardless of strain. But then there is others(like myself) that are harvesting pretty much right on que to breeder quoted times. What variables are causing some growers to consistently "go long"? Or is it just being unlucky?? I dont know....but its an odd thing!!

My grows have been pretty close to stated grow times. I have had one girl go way over the 68 day mark (97 DAYS), But I know it was my fault. She rewarded me with close to 4 oz. I also wondered why some of the grows that people do run long with the same strain and seed breeder that i have grown. I guess I should try to pay attention to their medium, nutes and schedule. I feel I got my tent, temp. humidity and everything else dialed in to get nice girls pretty . If I grow a girl that produces under 3oz I get bummed..lol I have grown several girls over the Quarter pound mark also

One thing that gives me an advantage over you in a big way is the increased hours of daylight in my location...being in the north we get 16 hours of sunlight on the longest day. Timing the majority of the flowering cycle to land during those longest daylight hour days, i feel has a large impact on overall flower production. But then again....you have sunlight intensity on your side!!

Stick with it bud....its a learning process we all must go through!! Remember the guide i wrote where i outline my first 2 seasons of outdoor autos. I was wondering if i was wasting time, resource and effort. Once i dialed in a few things they went from a half ounce to a half pound!
I still read those guides probably once a week, the weekest link is like my bible!! I won't be quitting growing ever. I will have to keep going now until I grow a pounder auto outdoors, I will just have to work with what I've got and try to make conditions work in my favor!

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back