Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized that this is the first time I am not in any kind of hurry to take down a plant. Not a chance I'll be pruning off a branch to tide me over. FINALLY a full yield!

Growing two plants at a time is looking like the perfect solution for me. I will produce more than I consume, but not at a rate where I will have to be worried about storage space. I have a very small home. Aside from piling the jars up in a corner somewhere, I might be able to keep two dozen jars out of sight. In the grand scheme of things, that's not a whole lot.

These next two grows should finish by the time winter really sets in here, and at least two more will finish by spring.

This has always fascinated me with autos....several growers i watch consistently have long running plants regardless of strain. But then there is others(like myself) that are harvesting pretty much right on que to breeder quoted times. What variables are causing some growers to consistently "go long"? Or is it just being unlucky?? I dont know....but its an odd thing!!
It might depend on the stability of the strain. It is odd, though.

For example, I expect my Mephisto seeds will finish pretty much when they said they would.

The cheese could probably come down right now and be just fine. The clusters are still growing, so I am waiting that out.

It might depend on the stability of the strain. It is odd, though.

Oh absolutely strain stability has an impact. But i mean these are guys that grow a whack of different proven strains, and they seems to take forever pretty much every time!!(but as a kicker they are pretty much always monsters!!)

Oh absolutely strain stability has an impact. But i mean these are guys that grow a whack of different proven strains, and they seems to take forever pretty much every time!!(but as a kicker they are pretty much always monsters!!)
That's the best part, really. I wouldn't necessarily classify a long-running strain to be the result of a lack of fortune. My very first grow, where the damn thing finished despite my idiocy, wound up a monster. 1/4 pound dry. It went WAY over. And it suffered greatly during its life.

@912GreenSkell have you ever seen a 1 pound auto grown outdoor?

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

NOpe...not a pound auto seen outdoors yet!! I pulled 9 ounces off an autoultimate, and would have got another 2-3 ounces if i didn't have to scrap a bunch to damn mold.
autoultimate 2.JPG

NOpe...not a pound auto seen outdoors yet!! I pulled 9 ounces off an autoultimate, and would have got another 2-3 ounces if i didn't have to scrap a bunch to damn mold.
View attachment 938229
Wow you are getting close then!

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

That's the best part, really. I wouldn't necessarily classify a long-running strain to be the result of a lack of fortune. My very first grow, where the damn thing finished despite my idiocy, wound up a monster. 1/4 pound dry. It went WAY over. And it suffered greatly during its life.

That depends!! If you choose a 70 day strain because you are planning a vacation in 100 days, then its unlucky and unfortunate if the plant goes 120!! :D All depends on the situation, whether a long running plan is a benefit or a curse. I would rather see 70-100 days on a breeder quoted time, if thats what folks are showing through their grows. But again...is it the conditions of the grow or some unknown variable(s) that makes some growers consistently have longer running plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back