Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mike20132 I am no auto master, but I can say from me growing and trying many different light cycles with photos. depending on strain there are advantages to 16/8 to 14/10 flowering cycles down to 12/12 last 2weeks of flower cycle' Also many well know indoor cannabis growers and breeders (dj short, mendo mm, etc) also grow different light changes in veg also

I'm no expert as you all know, but everything that I have read on the subject and going back to college biology says that it is the shortening of the photoperiod not darkness that triggers flowering in these types of plants and the onset of rutting in deer, elk, moose and other hoofed mammals. Based on that, a progressive shortening of the light cycle would probably work well.

I'm no expert as you all know, but everything that I have read on the subject and going back to college biology says that it is the shortening of the photoperiod not darkness that triggers flowering in these types of plants and the onset of rutting in deer, elk, moose and other hoofed mammals. Based on that, a progressive shortening of the light cycle would probably work well.

The digital timer I put in my grow closet build has a function where you tell it the date, year, and what zone you're in based on your rough latitude and then you can tell it to turn lights on/off and sunset or sunrise. Always thought it would be interesting to start it off telling it that it's spring with some seedlings for a photoperiod strain and then let it go through summer and into fall lighting and never adjust the light timing and just see what happens. :smoking:

This slide adapter for my pax vaporizer is pretty damn sweet...

42288C45-2FDB-42CB-A4B1-067FEE2E62D5.jpeg

@Mike20132 I am no auto master, but I can say from me growing and trying many different light cycles with photos. depending on strain there are advantages to 16/8 to 14/10 flowering cycles down to 12/12 last 2weeks of flower cycle' Also many well know indoor cannabis growers and breeders (dj short, mendo mm, etc) also grow different light changes in veg also

It certainly makes sense. Mimic the sunrise/sunset times that correspond to the "season" you want to emulate for the plant.

Hey bro I will have plenty of buds to donate to you if you ever run out. I know ya got the cheese about to be ready, but I will always be able from sept 15th on to help you at anytime:pass::bighug:

I would love to get together and have a bud swap!

Sup y'all!
Having a good day I hope. Temps up there! Get to the pool side with a cold drink and a huge joint! That's where I am headed now!

...my kingdom for a pool

So how's everyone doing today?

Going to hopefully be dropping a strawberry nuggets in some water tonight, assuming I can get the tank ready,

This slide adapter for my pax vaporizer is pretty damn sweet...

View attachment 938088

I could use something like that. The two mouthpieces it came with are less than ideal for constant use.

This dp super fox tailing.. should i let these swell or cut the plant? I feel like she could go for awhile ? Shes a outdoor strain and a 100% indica[emoji849] :bighug::smoke::pass::
e7a2e873754e2b2f0a5b4f7dd1a35895.jpg
ff1d2bdedae9d7afc37bec2c45c49a02.jpg
b121efdc58d9e5695a099243ad3a9ae1.jpg

They look like they have a while.
This dp super fox tailing.. should i let these swell or cut the plant? I feel like she could go for awhile ? Shes a outdoor strain and a 100% indica[emoji849] :bighug::smoke::pass::
e7a2e873754e2b2f0a5b4f7dd1a35895.jpg
ff1d2bdedae9d7afc37bec2c45c49a02.jpg
b121efdc58d9e5695a099243ad3a9ae1.jpg

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Goooood morning AFN!!!

If y'all talking about light cycles and triggering flowering in photoperiod strains want some interesting read on it, run some web searches on using "far red" light for triggering. Some interesting stuff out there with that, but not a lot of info so harder to find. The general idea is that instead of just turning the lights off and going to complete dark, you run a specific spectrum of red lights for fifteen minutes or so after the main lights are off, and it allows the chemical processes in the plant that actually trigger flowering to happen more naturally and can shave time off how much dark you need. Think sunset...it doesn't just go instantly dark. The light starts to fade and close to the end most of what's still visible light is your deep red spectrum.

That’s very interesting

Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back