Status
Not open for further replies.

Howdy! Sorry I missed you. Hopefully we'll cross paths over the weekend.

LOL....in this area, there is a group known as "the deer hunters". In the fall, they mask themselves are deer hunters, and 8 or more guys will walk the bush with 12 gauge shotguns with their sole purpose to steal weed. Assholes, too stupid or too lazy to grow their own.

Hope it does man!! I doubt they will even come with this new security station in place...yeah it shades out 2 plants for a few hours, but to me its totally worth it...its a very imposing structure literally towering right over the garden. Starting the floor at 2.5 feet high was a good idea...full view over the plants...tons of great mounting spots for various camera angles

Are you considering putting some lights on the tower? Make it plainly visible from a distance? Something to alert would be pot poachers that they'll be spotted if they get too close.

Sometimes i'll take 9-10 week flower cycle plants. Due to the weathers early winter onslaught, i have to be very selective about the strains i choose or i do get screwed. Because of my legal plant count. i am not worried about it at all. I can afford to lose a couple to too late flowering.(though i hope that is not the case at all)
It must be a bit of a relief finally being legal?

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Howdy! Sorry I missed you. Hopefully we'll cross paths over the weekend.

Are you considering putting some lights on the tower? Make it plainly visible from a distance? Something to alert would be pot poachers that they'll be spotted if they get too close.

The problem with that is the possible interference of the flower cycle. Between the 8 cameras and the second system, the siren tower with 3 individual motion sensors, i have got to make this work!!

It must be a bit of a relief finally being legal?

This part legality is a relief....a 120DB alarm can go blazing off at 3am and if the cops come, its legal. No more sneaking around in the dark silently. In my grow rules it even tells you to use security systems for medical legal grows.

The problem with that is the possible interference of the flower cycle. Between the 8 cameras and the second system, the siren tower with 3 individual motion sensors, i have got to make this work!!
I would think a focused beam that projects well above the plants would offer little in the way of direct lighting to the plants, but I dig what you're saying. Another option might be IR, but that is light the plants will respond to as well. I am not sure what will work here, but something that deters them from even coming close might be a very effective component of the system.

Another win for autos, can even run security lights lol

Another thought is that since these are outdoor plants, there's nothing for the light to reflect off of and illuminate the plants. If the light that makes it to the plants is little more than moonlight intensity, I think it would be fine.

Use a green sensor LED!

Mike was suggesting adding lights to the post i think?

Not worried about the motion sensors interfering with the plants...not even very worried about the led IR lights on the cameras so much...lots of guys monitor their plants with cameras and have no issues with flower interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back