Status
Not open for further replies.
This part legality is a relief....a 120DB alarm can go blazing off at 3am and if the cops come, its legal. No more sneaking around in the dark silently. In my grow rules it even tells you to use security systems for medical legal grows.
That's awesome, I hope to live long enough that we can all enjoy this passion legally!!

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Another thought is that since these are outdoor plants, there's nothing for the light to reflect off of and illuminate the plants. If the light that makes it to the plants is little more than moonlight intensity, I think it would be fine.

That is a very good point mike...you know, thinking about there is a couple of spots i could put outdoor lights that would be shaded out by the new building...another advantage in getting power down to the garden!!

Mike was suggesting adding lights to the post i think?

Not worried about the motion sensors interfering with the plants...not even very worried about the led IR lights on the cameras so much...lots of guys monitor their plants with cameras and have no issues with flower interference.
Plants can't see green, you should be able to run lighting with a filter of the right green spectrum

You can get green led headlamps for working on photos when lights out.

Mike was suggesting adding lights to the post i think?

Not worried about the motion sensors interfering with the plants...not even very worried about the led IR lights on the cameras so much...lots of guys monitor their plants with cameras and have no issues with flower interference.
Honestly, I think the whole NO LIGHT WHATSOEVER position for photo plants is just silly. It is NEVER completely dark in nature. And on night with a full moon and a clear sky, there is a moderately decent amount of full spectrum light bathing the happily-flowering plants.

I think if the plant is USED to complete darkness, then the effect of additional light is amplified greatly. This makes sense in a tent/grow room environment. Outdoors? I don't think it matters quite as much.

I base this on no biological science whatsoever, so take that with a grain of salt.

That's my security guard, no one gets in the house unannounced!
e2112382a4a0135acdace63aae757eed.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think the whole NO LIGHT WHATSOEVER position for photo plants is just silly. It is NEVER completely dark in nature. And on night with a full moon and a clear sky, there is a moderately decent amount of full spectrum light bathing the happily-flowering plants.

I think if the plant is USED to complete darkness, then the effect of additional light is amplified greatly. This makes sense in a tent/grow room environment. Outdoors? I don't think it matters quite as much.

I base this on no biological science whatsoever, so take that with a grain of salt.

The question is....how much intensity can they deal with, without a problem arising?(halting of flowering or hermaphroditic traits forming). I recall reading in Ed rosenthals book where they were halting flower in a short light regime by utilizing car headlights and strong flashlights.

Last edited:
Plants can't see green, you should be able to run lighting with a filter of the right green spectrum

You can get green led headlamps for working on photos when lights out.

Yes, but what is that spectrum? From my understanding, it's not that the plants cannot see green light, it is that the particular shades of green that match the colors of the leaves are reflected back.

I am still not convinced that a little light is all that big of a deal. They probably exist, but I have never heard of a plant reverting to veg because a pin-hole of light suddenly made its way into the tent/room. I am almost certainly wrong here, but it might also be the case that the pinpoint of light wasn't the culprit.

It just doesn't make sense when you consider the natural environment of the plant. Moonlight is full-spectrum.

The question is....how much intensity can they deal with, without a problem arising?(halting of flowering or hermaphroditic traits forming). I recall reading in Ed rothenthals book where they were halting flower in a short light regime by utilizing car headlights and strong flashlights.
I think that is the root of the question. How much for how long.... and I imagine it varies depending on how the genetics express sensitivity to such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back