Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome, no too many folks left like you guys. We to are pretty much self sufficient except for some fruit and potatoes . Your not wrong about tomatoes chefdave fresh with pepper and salt is heaven

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Yeah we are limited on what fruit we can grow....some things sure, but birds can wreck serious havoc on berries as can bugs

Yeah we are limited on what fruit we can grow....some things sure, but birds can wreck serious havoc on berries as can bugs
It's a little bit warm here in summer for a lot of fruit. But man do mangos love it we have also had good luck ao far with citrus. We tried growing raspberries a couple of times but summer seems to kill them. We have to time most veggies so that they are done before the real heat kicks in

It's a little bit warm here in summer for a lot of fruit. But man do mangos love it we have also had good luck ao far with citrus. We tried growing raspberries a couple of times but summer seems to kill them. We have to time most veggies so that they are done before the real heat kicks in

During dry hot summers, i have to water the raspberry plants or they just croak. Yeah i bet they would be a challenge in your climate!!!

Personally i really like the yellow fruits and veggies.....maybe i am a bit OCD, but yelow sweet peppers, yellow zucchini, kiwi gold raspberries all kick the crap out of their coloured conterparts!! BTW kiwi gold raspberries are the friggin best!!
Iam digging this super salad from No Frills no lettuce but chalked full everything else that is good for you from pumpkin seeds to cranberrys

During dry hot summers, i have to water the raspberry plants or they just croak. Yeah i bet they would be a challenge in your climate!!!
Yeah they are a challenge i tried blueberrys here and found they also hate heat. Hopefully this summer i can find a canna that likes extreme heat. I will have to try a few different strains and find out what does well. This year will be a bit of trial and error

Hell yes!! MOnster!! Go, go SS and FN! How old is she? Do the SS strains seem to be fairly accurate in quoted finish times, or are they often going long?
I am chopping it tonight or technically today it is right around ninety days my man.

Yeah they are a challenge i tried blueberrys here and found they also hate heat. Hopefully this summer i can find a canna that likes extreme heat. I will have to try a few different strains and find out what does well. This year will be a bit of trial and error

Man brother since I started talking with you did a bit of research on queensland. You guys are a tough bunch!! Desert climate is no joke there!!

I think you could do any afghani (kush) based strain should do well in heat along as it is in ground and not potted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back