Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have any crabs round these parts, but we do have our "oysters". [emoji3]:nono:

18f065deb37dd04d8329343cfd502a1b_DSC06224.jpg
Looks like calf nuts!

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

I've only tried RM Oysters once or twice in a couple restaurants over the years. Kind of a "can take 'em or leave 'em" type thing when I did....ok, but nothing I'd personally go out of my way to find. They really aren't as common to find around here as you would think they might be.

Colorado-Rocky-Mountain-Oysters.jpg

Wow those temperatures are crazy!! I am nearly too big a pussy to go fishing here in winter.

Here is a good story....so my buddy buys this cabin. Its wasy up north and in the middle of nowhere. We decide we are going to do an early january week of icefishing a couple of months after he acquires the cabin. Only two small issues...one is the cabin floor isnt insulated, and the second problem is there is no wood split(but there is several large trees downed right beside the cabin). So we get there though insane amounts of snow(14km snowmobile ride form where you park the truck), and get to the cabin. There was a bit of dry wood stashed under the cabin. So we get the fire going and start chopping up these trees, it was maybe -30 that day. So the downed trees were dead wood, but there was a major problem. I guess the wood was soaked to shit when it froze. And it wouldnt burn!! We literally had to take split pieces of wood and "fry 'em like bacon" on the top of the stove, so they would burn. It pretty much turned into a survival camping trip instead of a fishing trip for us to stay the whole week(which we did)
So anyways, the 7th day comes and we are at the place where we park the truck. My buddy had to go back to the cabin for a second load of gear, and i get talking with the guys that lives where we park the truck. He says "holy shit, you guys are alive!! Good, i was worried, this week was a record breaker of cold temps with every day reaching colder than -40!!" I laughed and told him the story, and he says...."man you guys are nuts....i heard on the radio it was -54 this morning!"

At one time i almost fell over in the cabin because i went to grab my boots and they were frozen to the floor. :D Needless to say, we didnt get a whole lot of fishing done that week, but a crazy northerner makes the best of winter vacation!!

Here is a good story....so my buddy buys this cabin. Its wasy up north and in the middle of nowhere. We decide we are going to do an early january week of icefishing a couple of months after he acquires the cabin. Only two small issues...one is the cabin floor isnt insulated, and the second problem is there is no wood split(but there is several large trees downed right beside the cabin). So we get there though insane amounts of snow(14km snowmobile ride form where you park the truck), and get to the cabin. There was a bit of dry wood stashed under the cabin. So we get the fire going and start chopping up these trees, it was maybe -30 that day. So the downed trees were dead wood, but there was a major problem. I guess the wood was soaked to shit when it froze. And it wouldnt burn!! We literally had to take split pieces of wood and "fry 'em like bacon" on the top of the stove, so they would burn. It pretty much turned into a survival camping trip instead of a fishing trip for us to stay the whole week(which we did)
So anyways, the 7th day comes and we are at the place where we park the truck. My buddy had to go back to the cabin for a second load of gear, and i get talking with the guys that lives where we park the truck. He says "holy shit, you guys are alive!! Good, i was worried, this week was a record breaker of cold temps with every day reaching colder than -40!!" I laughed and told him the story, and he says...."man you guys are nuts....i heard on the radio it was -54 this morning!"

At one time i almost fell over in the cabin because i went to grab my boots and they were frozen to the floor. :D Needless to say, we didnt get a whole lot of fishing done that week, but a crazy northerner makes the best of winter vacation!!
Hahaha yeah you guys are sure crazy up there! The things that a man will endure to catch a fish never cease to amaze me. I don't know if my deep freeze gets that cold

how are things in that beautiful state bud Has it been a hot summer so far

We've had a few nice heat waves move through, but really haven't got into triple digits enough to call it an overly hot summer yet. Been really dry, though. Rain, moisture, and just general humidity that last few days has been nice for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back