Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol/Isopropanol
I use it to make oil, Don't know how tincture is made have looke it up.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPA-99-9-20-LITRE-Lab-Grade-Isopropyl-Alcohol-Isopropanol-20L/152003302352?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Grain alcohol makes a better tasting Tincture/oil than Isopropyl Alcohol which has a bit of an odd taste.
However a lot of people out there make "Qwiso" (Quick Wash Iso) too long in Iso and it can extract too much of the chlorophyll, which can make it taste kinda bitter, hence why it is Quick Washed. store as a tincture (a medicine made by dissolving a drug in alcohol) or evaporate (and reclaim and recondense if you can to use next time) to make an oil/concentrate.
You can also use "Vegetable Glycerin" to make tinctures and is how you should make it is an ex-alcoholic is to use it. Alcohol tinctures should never, never be given to recovering alcoholics.
Glycerin is a "Sugar Alcohol" but is safe for diabetics to use!

Grain alcohol makes a better tasting Tincture/oil than Isopropyl Alcohol which has a bit of an odd taste.
However a lot of people out there make "Qwiso" (Quick Wash Iso) too long in Iso and it can extract too much of the chlorophyll, which can make it taste kinda bitter, hence why it is Quick Washed. store as a tincture (a medicine made by dissolving a drug in alcohol) or evaporate (and reclaim and recondense if you can to use next time) to make an oil/concentrate.
You can also use "Vegetable Glycerin" to make tinctures and is how you should make it is an ex-alcoholic is to use it. Alcohol tinctures should never, never be given to recovering alcoholics.
Glycerin is a "Sugar Alcohol" but is safe for diabetics to use!
:thanks::pass:

Yeah she does look like shes on the decline. I can't say I have any ideas on what to try, other than keep your fingers crossed. I'm sure someone with more experience can chime in.
Thanks bud, if she does die got any ideas what I can do then? I figure if it gets some frost i can maybe make into edibles. Shit, I have wanted to try for 20yrs now looks like streak will continue.

Thanks bud, if she does die got any ideas what I can do then? I figure if it gets some frost i can maybe make into edibles. Shit, I have wanted to try for 20yrs now looks like streak will continue.

To be fair, it doesn't look that bad. I think it's when the leaves coming out of the flowers really start to brown that it's getting pretty close to end of life. Are you seeing any growth on the flowers?

That's right bro, I've recovering from a bad back and the heat has been too much.

As I have told others I will start a journal this weekend, I've posted the odd pic in LS but they were pretty young and not a lot to look at.

They are doing nicely and I'll snap a few snaps later, I'm making sure I'm dating any photos I take, so I can add them when I start the journal.

However you are in luck, I just watered the girls, so I nipped back a took some snaps for you.

View attachment 934504
4 girls in the bath (I'm currently using this plastic container to water them, whilst they are still in these smaller pots)

View attachment 934505
It makes it easier to collect the run off.
When they are in big pots, I will use a wet/dry vacuum to suck it out.
I use Drain to Waste "DTW" with my coco, you can see the run off in the container.

Currently Using Greenleaf "Megacrop" at 1.3EC (650 ppm on the 500 scale, Hanna meters) <<==(Pop22's feed recommendation)
I then add some Plant Magic wetting agent, Hesi Supervit, Ionic Cal-Mag Pro (cal, mag, chelated iron, 3 sources of calcium (inc chelated calcium), Specific amino acids (in bioactive L-form), Seaweed extracts.<<== (Pop22 has said he hasn't need to add any cal/mag with mega crop but belt and braces, I added some).

Substrate: Compressed "Coco Coinz" by Coco Guru (fully washed & buffered with calcium) 10 coinz makes 1 Liter of coco, 500 in a box = 50 Liter, very small box which is great for delivery.

Growstones GS-2 (Arearation) holds 70% more air than perlite and they are made from recycled glass.

At this stage the girls are in 7" deep long root pots and the capacity of the pots is 1 Liter.
When potting them up they will go into Autopot pots but I'm not running the full auto pot system (which I have) but instead I actually like feeding by hand and checking how they are when I do.

I am now watering every day and feeding everyday.
Drain to waste is in the 20% 30% as I like to make sure any unused salts drain through, avoiding salt build up.

View attachment 934506
30C in the cab, which is 1.4C cooler than yesterday!!

View attachment 934507
2 girls now out of the draining box and back under the light. Each plant is getting light from one of the LED clusters, 4 plants, 4 clusters.

View attachment 934508
2 other girls. In the background you can see after the door was open a while the temp dropped to 29.8C.
Humidity is low for veg so I will be wetting the floor of the tray, to increase humidity.

View attachment 934511
A shot between 2 of the 3 SANlight S4W's (there are 3 in the cab, 1 is out of shot).
Due to the hot summer temps, I'm only using 1 light bar, I'm getting to the point where I will need more light and will need to turn on another light bar.

However the current summer temp won't allow it, as each light raises cab temps by 3C. I am hoping the weather will cool down but it is looking very unlikely.
If I can't get more light in there for the girls, crop yield will be rubbish!

View attachment 934512
Two girls from above.

View attachment 934513
the other two girls (not a great pic but you get an idea)

Hope you liking this bro, the journal as stated before will start on the weekend.
I like to list all the gear I use and all the nutes, substrates, cab dimensions, light details and specs, measuring equipment and anything else that comes to mind.
I like adding all these details so everyone can see what I use and then people don't have to keep asking throughout the grow what I use (goto post 1, it's all listed there, type of thing).
In this grow I won't be using my "Auto Dwarfing" technique which I developed (I previously called it "Stunting" but that doesn't sound so great).
Some of you may have seen this technique in some of my journals and @912GreenSkell has been rocking this technique in his indoor journals (you really should check them out!!)
Why won't I be "Auto Dwarfing" "Trippy Gorilla Auto"????
Well on the seed pack, it refers to "Trippy Gorilla Auto" as the "Tyrion Lanister" of Auto's.
Seeing as that is the case, I had best not make it any smaller than it is!
If they are not as small as stated, then I have another 5 beans of this strain and I can cut my cloth accordingly and bend her to my will, once I have seen how she grows.
Finally another SAN light grow, did i missread or what strains are those, photo or auto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back