Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I always found fascinating. The very mechanism nature came up with to keep animals from eating chilies is the reason we do eat them.
I have a healthy respect for them. Like hot just my level is low. I like to taste my food lol. Like heat but dont want to eat fire. I more than likely won't eat, but just want to grow show I can put that on my trophy case. Maybe I will make my own pepper spray.

Hot diggity-dang @TheMongol , those Californian Reapers are 2,200,000 Scovilles...ouch!
Your gonna want to wash your hands before touching Mr. Peepee after touching those chillies, or your gonna know the pain of childbirth!

GrouchyWhirlwindAfricanparadiseflycatcher.gif
GrouchyWhirlwindAfricanparadiseflycatcher.gif
Jalapeno hands after washing vigorously
My lil friend was scared for life... forever wear gloves now....
Then the time once with the ex....
Some 12 hrs later... poor girl...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jalapeno hands after washing vigorously
My lil friend was scared for life... forever wear gloves now....
Then the time once with the ex....
Some 12 hrs later... poor girl...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Ouch...

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Dig the pepper talk. Have a bunch of seeds from last spring when I was going to try an outdoor container pepper garden and then it just didn't happen. Going to try 'em again hopefully starting this winter out in Vegas. Was reading a little and what I've seen so far is making it sound like you can start seeds in December and start moving them outside in like February or maybe even January out there with the warm desert climate. Figure I'll have to build them some shade cloth type covers for the summer heat, but should be a fun little project for the desert since I can't grow cannabis any more out there.

Especially looking forward to trying out the chocolate bell on the mild side and the purple ghosts on the hot side. Figure the hotter ones will get dried (smoked?) and then turned into powder for either salsa mix or just general "dash of fire" seasoning. :fire:

Pepper seed stash:
IMG_7394.JPG

I would like to dry them and grind up into a powder/shake and use it very sparingly. It was $3.50 at HD always see them on man vs food and shows like that. It's more of just to and have a challenge for anyone who is brave or dumb. My wife is a hot sauce lover but she is afraid lol.

We just finished a half gallon jar of cayenne's that I dried two years ago for that exact purpose. Man vs. Food was in Portland, OR and filmed at two of my favorite spots of all times, Salvador Molly's and Stepping Stone Cafe, both are mind rocking spots, but SM is probably the best food in the city in my opinion. They both lost their coolness after that show hit, cause then everyone and their mom piled into the spots. Tell your wife to check out Secret Aardvark Trading Company, they make hot sauces and marinades and stuff, the founder passed away, he was the founder/owner of Salvador Molly's. At the restaurants they make Habanero Cheese Fritters that Adam on that show ate, they are pretty phenomenal. I only finished them once, the first time I ate all the sauce for five fritters on just one (waitress miscommunication) and although miserable and in pain, it was probably also the most euphoric I have ever felt in my life. Capsicin in some amazing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back