Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope all goes well.What is your health issue....if you don’t mind me asking

No, Mark, I don't mind.....I have several....but the one that concerns me the most is I have heart rhythm problems and I have lost about 40% of my heart's pumping ability which can be a real problem with any exertion. They burnt out part of my heart's electrical pathways that were misfiring a couple of years ago which mostly corrected the problem and restored some of my cardiac output. About 3 months ago, the problem started again and my cardiac output fell again to its lowest point thus far. I am having a couple of specialized tests on Wednesday and in August. My electrophysiologist doctor is going decide what to do when she gets those results. I think she will probably have to do the burn out again..... but who knows at this point.

Did anyone watch old Paul bash Ringo yet again the other night on TV saying he's not a good drummer. And was hesitant to even ask him to drum for a beatles reunion gig. What a dick why do I love the Beatles so much when Paul is such a dick

Paul has always seemed to have what we used to call an exaggerated idea of his importance in the overall scheme of things!

I agree it is kind of a dick move. Ringo was a brilliant drummer for the Beatles, but not because he was an exceptional drummer. His sound was a distinct part of Beatles music, and complimented it perfectly.

Put Ringo behind a different band, like The Police, and the sound just doesn't work. I would argue, though, that if you put Stuart Copelan behind John, Paul, and George, it wouldn't sound right either. And I don't think there is any doubt as to Copelan's competance as a drummer. Sometimes, raw talent isn't everything. ESPECIALLY with music.
So true! Paul was not that great of a guitar player or bassist, but as Mike said the sum of the whole was definitely greater than the parts with the possible exception of John Lennon, who, I believe, was a genius in his own right.

So true! Paul was not that great of a guitar player or bassist, but as Mike said the sum of the whole was definitely greater than the parts with the possible exception of John Lennon, who, I believe, was a genius in his own right.

Without Lennon, there is no Beatles.. Though at the same time, without the Beatles, there's no Lennon.

Without Lennon, there is no Beatles.. Though at the same time, without the Beatles, there's no Lennon.

It's kind of like Garcia and the Grateful Dead............They could have continued with losing anyone else; shit, they went through 3 keyboard players and didn't miss a beat.....but Jerry was the heart and soul of the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back