Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone watch old Paul bash Ringo yet again the other night on TV saying he's not a good drummer. And was hesitant to even ask him to drum for a beatles reunion gig. What a dick why do I love the Beatles so much when Paul is such a dick

Did anyone watch old Paul bash Ringo yet again the other night on TV saying he's not a good drummer. And was hesitant to even ask him to drum for a beatles reunion gig. What a dick why do I love the Beatles so much when Paul is such a dick

I agree it is kind of a dick move. Ringo was a brilliant drummer for the Beatles, but not because he was an exceptional drummer. His sound was a distinct part of Beatles music, and complimented it perfectly.

Put Ringo behind a different band, like The Police, and the sound just doesn't work. I would argue, though, that if you put Stuart Copelan behind John, Paul, and George, it wouldn't sound right either. And I don't think there is any doubt as to Copelan's competance as a drummer. Sometimes, raw talent isn't everything. ESPECIALLY with music.

I agree it is kind of a dick move. Ringo was a brilliant drummer for the Beatles, but not because he was an exceptional drummer. His sound was a distinct part of Beatles music, and complimented it perfectly.

Put Ringo behind a different band, like The Police, and the sound just doesn't work. I would argue, though, that if you put Stuart Copelan behind John, Paul, and George, it wouldn't sound right either. And I don't think there is any doubt as to Copelan's competance as a drummer. Sometimes, raw talent isn't everything. ESPECIALLY with music.
Yep Cobain said the same about Dave and look at him now 2-3 albums a year,

Yep Cobain said the same about Dave and look at him now 2-3 albums a year,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back