Status
Not open for further replies.
howdy peeps :pass:well thats monday done and dusted
time for tea
001 (9).JPG

7 weeks without a puff :holymoly: think id have fallen over
:pighug:

Hey man sorry about the heat same here 1st week 100 degree plus temps got a little heat stress, even with a/c in veg room. I grow in fifty fifty coco perlite so I can water often with 10% runoff to avoid salt build up. Im only growing 3 bum wine autos but 6 different photos from boutique breeders from Oregon. Have purple snow train. grape snow bubba x, Second sight, Island vision, Tree of life bx, and pink predator-nyc diesel. I will start journal soon and will watch yours!! I have had to use calmag plus since start because of magnesium def in first week. Very low dose though. My coco is cocotek by general hydroponics. I will use liquid kool bloom pk boost 0-10-10 weeks 1-6 of flower and dry kool bloom last two weeks of flower. Cheers Dave View attachment 933692 View attachment 933692 View attachment 933693 View attachment 933694 View attachment 933695 ps those coco coins sound great

First things first - you plants look in a lovely condition and it seems that first week of high temps, didn't set them back too much!

50/50 coco/perlite is a really nice airy mix, more watering/feeding but amazing root growth, which is a bonus!
On average I do a 70/30 coco perlite, not for any real reason, it is just what I do but also like to play around at time so I may try other ratios in the future.
A while back I switched from perlite to growstones GS2 (for aeration) made from recycled glass which is then powdered so fine it is softer than flour and then a foaming agent is used and it is then heated in a kiln on a moving conveyor belt.The blend rises as it bakes and bubbles of gas released during the backing process follow a torturous path as they escape, creating a network of pore cells in the material creating a rigid and highly porous foam with the desired physical properties.

Growstones claim their GS-2 (for aeration) holds 70% more air than perlite, so I took the plunge and I see good results.
I also run DTW (drain to waste) but I usually end up with about 20% run off.

When you said "Bum Wine" I though that was a seed breeder or company, do you mean generic heavy weight/strength autos?
Your photo line up sound awesome and obviously seeing as your using boutique seeds, they are one I haven't heard of before in the UK.
I will be interested in how they turn out, I reckon it has to be about 6 years since I last grew a photo. - cheers Arty

Last edited:
Watch your plants close, some strains will still want more cal/mag possibly. None I've grown have needed it but that's only a handful of strains, and we all know how contrary Canna can be lol! Also, often the "cal/mag issue" is often really a Mag issue and just a little epsom salts will take care of that.

Nice advice bro!
I have some cal/mag plus aminos and some epsom salts in the wing just incase, i find it is usually it's around week 3 that mag def shows.
The girls have already had a touch of cal/mag so i should be ok. If mag def does show I like to give them a spray with epsom salts at 1 level tsp per liter or a slightly mounded Tbsp per gallon (dissolved in a little warm water and then topped up with cold water.
It helps to get the mag where it needs to be a little faster when absorbed through the leaves and that is exactly where it needs to be. When no def then is is watered at the roots.
Cana contrary, you're not wrong my friend, so many time things that can appeared odd are often down to the strain, which is why in a perfect world we would get to know how our strain act and then we could cut our cloth accordingly.
Too many strains out there and we want to try them all, so we never truly work out how to max them out, apart years of growing skills but even then it isn't always plain sailing.

Hey man sorry about the heat same here 1st week 100 degree plus temps got a little heat stress, even with a/c in veg room. I grow in fifty fifty coco perlite so I can water often with 10% runoff to avoid salt build up. Im only growing 3 bum wine autos but 6 different photos from boutique breeders from Oregon. Have purple snow train. grape snow bubba x, Second sight, Island vision, Tree of life bx, and pink predator-nyc diesel. I will start journal soon and will watch yours!! I have had to use calmag plus since start because of magnesium def in first week. Very low dose though. My coco is cocotek by general hydroponics. I will use liquid kool bloom pk boost 0-10-10 weeks 1-6 of flower and dry kool bloom last two weeks of flower. Cheers Dave View attachment 933692 View attachment 933692 View attachment 933693 View attachment 933694 View attachment 933695 ps those coco coins sound great

Will be using Megacrop myself! Why the switch to dry Kool Bloom last 2 wks of flower? Hi Dave!

Nice advice bro!
I have some cal/mag plus aminos and some epsom salts in the wing just incase, i find it is usually it's around week 3 that mag def shows.
The girls have already had a touch of cal/mag so i should be ok. If mag def does show I like to give them a spray with epsom salts at 1 level tsp per liter or a slightly mounded Tbsp per gallon (dissolved in a little warm water and then topped up with cold water.
It helps to get the mag where it needs to be a little faster when absorbed through the leaves and that is exactly where it needs to be. When no def then is is watered at the roots.
Cana contrary, you're not wrong my friend, so many time things that can appeared odd are often down to the strain, which is why in a perfect world we would get to know how our strain act and then we could cut our cloth accordingly.
Too many strains out there and we want to try them all, so we never truly work out how to max them out, apart years of growing skills but even then it isn't always plain sailing.

yes I feel your pain,

The original gorilla glue, I’m not sure if there cuttings available but the original seeds are only from dark horse genetics which are authorised vendors...

Then it’s Girl Scout cookies everyone’s got Girl Scout, but nobody knows who has got the original lol....

One dad and they pollinate a bunch of females, without testing and have them released under fancy photos and a 100 dollar price tag for 10 regs, standard procedure.

Many fuckers just play around with gentics lol...

There’s a few companies that give credit too others, when they use there strains, that’s loyality...

It’s sometimes all up too funky gentics..... that disappoint many growers,

yes I feel your pain,

The original gorilla glue, I’m not sure if there cuttings available but the original seeds are only from dark horse genetics which are authorised vendors...

Then it’s Girl Scout cookies everyone’s got Girl Scout, but nobody knows who has got the original lol....

One dad and they pollinate a bunch of females, without testing and have them released under fancy photos and a 100 dollar price tag for 10 regs, standard procedure.

Many fuckers just play around with gentics lol...

There’s a few companies that give credit too others, when they use there strains, that’s loyality...

It’s sometimes all up too funky gentics..... that disappoint many growers,
Reputation, just like trust has to be earned. There are a lot of pollen chuckers out there but also some proper breeders.

Girl scout cookies was a weird one, all that talk of forum cuts, thin mint, do si do (Do Si Dos is a highly sought after cross of the rare OGKB cut of Girl Scout Cookie scrossed to a Faceoff OG Bx1.) etc etc sometimes the seed seen getts a little too cray cray when there is a strain that everyone is clambering for, especially if originally it was only available as a cutting and not seed stock.

I am currently growing Trippy gorilla auto (Gorilla Glue [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] x BigHead [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]) by Big Head seeds.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is GG4 they bred with, this strain boasts 25% - 28% THC.
So if I get scissor jamming frost, then I will be fairly sure it is what it says on the tin.

First things first - you plants look in a lovely condition and it seems that first week of high temps, didn't set them back too much!

50/50 coco/perlite is a really nice airy mix, more watering/feeding but amazing root growth, which is a bonus!
On average I do a 70/30 coco perlite, not for any real reason, it is just what I do but also like to play around at time so I may try other ratios in the future.
A while back I switched from perlite to growstones GS2 (for aeration) made from recycled glass which is then powdered so fine it is softer than flour and then a foaming agent is used and it is then heated in a kiln on a moving conveyor belt.The blend rises as it bakes and bubbles of gas released during the backing process follow a torturous path as they escape, creating a network of pore cells in the material creating a rigid and highly porous foam with the desired physical properties.

Growstones claim their GS-2 (for aeration) holds 70% more air than perlite, so I took the plunge and I see good results.
I also run DTW (drain to waste) but I usually end up with about 20% run off.

When you said "Bum Wine" I though that was a seed breeder or company, do you mean generic heavy weight/strength autos?
Your photo line up sound awesome and obviously seeing as your using boutique seeds, they are one I haven't heard of before in the UK.
I will be interested in how they turn out, I recon it has to be about 6 years since I last grew a photo. - cheres Arty
Hey Artie good advice on the grow stone I will try out soon. The bum wine is a cross between two memphisto strains Hubbabubbasmellascope and tyrone special It is growing so Fast!! started lst this morning All 3 are showing pistils already Cheers bud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back