Status
Not open for further replies.
I might get the 1kg mega crop and do a side by side comparison with the biobizz I have left. Biobizz can certainly grow good bud, but gets expensive after a while. Mega crop seems to grow good bud and seems cheap.
I think MegaCrop suits some strains better than others. It certainly suits some setups better; I would expect it to be great in my Wilma shared res for example. I've run with it once like that so far, I will try it again at some point but this run I am back to my GH 3-part. Mind you, I didn't have any of their boosters with it, just some Plant Magic Bloom Boost. It's fair to say that the White Widow grown by itself with GH 3-part was a better quality than the White Widow on the shared res with MegaCrop, and produced nearly twice the weight. I'll be running MC in my new tent to experiment so I'll see what happens with it.

I certainly wouldn't class myself as a zealot @fettled6 LOL!

PS I stopped pHing my buckets with MegaCrop, I found it all dropped nicely down to where I needed it without having to use pH Down.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

1788 is pretty specific to the first fleet, quite possible that the crew had picked up some from previous layovers or subsequent English fleets. The Dutch are known to have visited even earlier in the West of the continent, entirely possible they we're mad stoners right back then haha!

There are false news stories about Aussie strains.

The aboriginals came down through South East Asia fkn way ages ago and never worked out farming or domestication so they probably didn't bring it with them or it would be in their culture.

Idk, I looked into it at one stage, didn't come up with anything solid, just tall tales

f6

It will have likely been on a ship's manifest, and likely came from one of the other colonies in Asia, so that would be the necessary evidence that the introduction DEFINITELY happened then.

But it could well have been brought over by earlier Dutch settlers, who were in a climate area where it wouldn't grow, and even back before farming was discovered you would find stone age man would carry seeds of all kinds as a foodstuff they could chew on, so seeds could have been introduced back then at the earliest migration of the aboriginals. Whether they took hold in the climate and unique fauna is another story.

But, as I say, it comes down to the definition of "landrace"

i see you lurking @9bear :peek: did i hear you got home again :bighug:

:pighug:

Hey Archie Gemmill I'm home . after a 5 weeks of being in hospital I,m happy to be home I still have to go back on an out patient bases to receive radiation therapy but will be home from here on in cheers Archie Life is good :pighug:

But, as I say, it comes down to the definition of "landrace"

Exactly so! There are fantastic landraces and there are some that are "meh." The great thing about landraces is that they have been cultivated in a given region long enough to have become homogenous. Being that stable makes for very good breeding stock.

Exactly so! There are fantastic landraces and there are some that are "meh." The great thing about landraces is that they have been cultivated in a given region long enough to have become homogenous. Being that stable makes for very good breeding stock.

This is why I think the whole concept has to be revised, as since the original "native" species, "landrace" species, have been scattered around the world over millennia. That means you not only have the original, "pure", strains native to a country or region, but you also have these same strains becoming a more "native species" in a country or region where they are not an "indigenous species". They're the same strains, so how much of a difference is there because mankind took the Mighty Weed wherever he went centuries and millennia ago?

Yep. As a breeder I want my seed to be F6 to be released. (I breed ornamentals) There is statistics involved here. Every back cross gets closer to 100 percent genetic stability. By F4 you are at about 75% and F6 is around 90%. What I mean by that is, each time you cross your chosen product back to the original baseline parent you are reducing the genetic variance from the parent. Each time you make a new cross, you are increasing the difference from the parent. Breeding is the art of keeping 99% of the parental DNA, and just the trait that you want from the donor DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back