Status
Not open for further replies.
With the talk about hash. Seen these hash pre roll cones
b23e0afc5cca1887a9212eb8055b0b49.jpg

Hi guys, I bought a 600w led to add to my 2 x 300w leds for during during flowering all cheap Chinese makes. This is probably a silly question but thought I’d check before i sent it back. The 600w doesn’t seem nearly as bright as the other 2 is this normal? I’m guessing not. My 300w have to be around 16 inches away from my plants but the 600w is 12 inch at the moment and is fine.

That would be because you didn't look at the details. "600W" means that it is capable of pulling 600W when driven at it's maximum rated value. But since the cooling isn't there for that means it would go "pffzzzt" in a matter of minutes so is driven at a much lower level.

That is why I mentioned the "minefield" of pre-built lights earlier, for I've seen lights on AliE saying "600w" but who's actual power draw was under 100w, "300W" lights saying they are so efficient they use 50w. The actual power used is critical, not what they claim it is (our 300w light is as good as a 450w HID but only pulls 50w from the wall" doesn't really add up, does it), for that tells you how much they are having to under-drive their LEDs to allow it to work.

If they don't provide details of actual current draw, do not think of buying them. If they recommend you turn it off every 5 hours to let it cool down, ignore it. Look at NUMBER of ratings as well as actual comments to see "flaws", look at sales numbers as the higher they are the more likelihood of a more quality product and good service. And you can always ask questions, as others will have, where buyers will give their opinions. That's the basics for AliE shopping, if you're on Wish or Amazon you're on your own because I don't trust one word on either site as there's a hell of a lot of misleading there, and you will find "branded" lights there as well as knock offs which, on paper, look to be the same as the "brand" (Not mentioning names, as the same applies across the board) insofar as power, etc, go, but what you've done is not done some basic checks and bought something bigger that is driven at a lower level than your 300w lights. It's quite possible they even pointed that out in their "ad", but you didn't look.

So contact the retailer and ask why this is, demanding all the info such as power usage and see if it matches the ad on <insert reseller site here>. If you can't yourself, and it's easy to buy a watt meter that goes into your wall socket if you don't have the skill or courage to use a multimeter with mains power going through it, then ask someone to see what the power draw is. If there's no match to ADVERTISED actual current/power draw, NOT the "600w" BS, then you have grounds for refund. Otherwise they'll just say you didn't see or didn't ask so you bought it at your own risk so, well, suck it up because you bought a pig in a poke.

One last thing. How hot does the power cable get? Is it nice and cosy? If so, replace it with a proper one capable of 3kW as it should be a standard "kettle lead" (for those of you old enough to remember the days before it became a "PC power lead") connector and that side of things is notorious for having thick insulation around a thinner cable than a "genuine" one has, leading to higher impedance, an increase in temperature, a drop in the available voltage and/or current flow, meaning your light is dimmer because the power cable isn't capable of handling the necessary so less than necessary reaches the light. You've probably got a spare somewhere, try replacing the power cable and see if there's a difference.

@the green bandit
There is supposed to be a landrace strain native to the Blue Mountains in New South Wales. Apparently it's pretty mediocre. Weather it's true or a myth? Who knows :shrug:

f6
Thanks f6, I stumbled upon an article that said about one in the blue mountains and wondered how true it was.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Thanks f6, I stumbled upon an article that said about one in the blue mountains and wondered how true it was.

There are some fake reports stating Australian landraces have the up to %50

The abos don't have any dreaming of Canna in their stories, if they don't have any history with it then there probably isnt a native Aussie strain.

f6

@912GreenSkell @archie gemmill. Thanks for sharing about the hot knives I now have a new favorite way to get my buzz on! I don't know if I can handle 21 I had 8or9 last night and was fu$k#d up! I even got the wife to give it a go(she doesn't really smoke) but I don't think she will be participating in the fun again!!

Hahaha awesome bud!! :D

AFN sure has helped my growing as well. I think without the help of the great group of people here i would still be trying to work out how to get a seed to germinate. One can only hope someone in Australia starts to sell mega crop as it seems to produce great results for the low cost.

According to Greenleaf's own site

https://www.popsgarden.com.au/shop

Shipping MIGHT be a little cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back