Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up PEEPS hope all the PEEPS in Alaska are safe time to go ck the gardens take some pics post some updates till then light it if ya got it :LOLStoned: :smoking: :pass:

7.9 magnitude out in the ocean to the west of us. I think the danger is passed

Well good, that other shit is hard to take.

hey guys I live at sea level and theres a tsunami predicted... I'm off to bed......

but... but!

Hello Good AFN :bighug:

Over the last few days i've been contemplating going back to school ..

I can do many things ... but don't really have any prober exams ...

I am thinking about getting a degree in growhouse gardning :crying:.

i know i have a solid grasp of the fundementals, and with a general laxing of laws over the next years ...

might not be the worst thing to have on your CV

:pass:

do it! I went back to uni 4 years ago to study an engineering degree part time alongside my work...my employers pay for it but ive taken a big cut in wages...but its been the best thing ive done with myself...you study harder now your a bit older and further on in life as when you go back to study you are going because you WANT to study...not because you have to due to your age etc....i wont lie its tough to go back to studying and doing exams/coursework but if you have the motivation you will sail through!

do it! I went back to uni 4 years ago to study an engineering degree part time alongside my work...my employers pay for it but ive taken a big cut in wages...but its been the best thing ive done with myself...you study harder now your a bit older and further on in life as when you go back to study you are going because you WANT to study...not because you have to due to your age etc....i wont lie its tough to go back to studying and doing exams/coursework but if you have the motivation you will sail through!

I agree, it was tough and well worth it. My advice is make sure to take prerequisite classes seriously. I tried taking plant physiology before basic biology and it hurt. They let me in because I had several botany classes, and I made it through but that class was f'ng hard.

7.9 magnitude out in the ocean to the west of us. I think the danger is passed

pheww .. 7.9 is not to be messed with !

Go for it . :thumbsup:

Congratulations, I hope to be here and follow you through it. I'm taking some classes right now too. I have a BS in plant science, but I'm condisering a masters. It would be fun to be in school again, but there are downsides. Being the creepy old guy, bad back walking to class, etc. It's worth it though. Getting that BS changed my life.

Shit just got real ... in order for this 2 work, i would have to move a lot closer to school ... can't spend 2 hours commuting each way .... that means leaving at 6am :haha: and not for a paying job but school :shrug:

but ... i have a sneaky plan ... it might involve some BS ... best used without a degree :crying:

@green genes

i am a delight at being the creepy old guy ... you won't even detect the creepy :rofl:

I agree, it was tough and well worth it. My advice is make sure to take prerequisite classes seriously. I tried taking plant physiology before basic biology and it hurt. They let me in because I had several botany classes, and I made it through but that class was f'ng hard.

Luckily i have a good basic plant physiology under my belt from when i attempted to become a forest ranger/guide...

Hello Good AFN :bighug:

Over the last few days i've been contemplating going back to school ..

I can do many things ... but don't really have any prober exams ...

I am thinking about getting a degree in growhouse gardning :crying:.

i know i have a solid grasp of the fundementals, and with a general laxing of laws over the next years ...

might not be the worst thing to have on your CV

:pass:

Do it!..whatcha got to lose? I did it. After the service, went to college, became a paramedic. Got burned out, after 10 years ,so I just worked in factories etc for 15 years. I did take short classes, like photography, gardening, etc just for my personal benefit, but , Found myself unhappy, wanted to be back in the medical field, but i didnt want to work with people (the reason i got burned out)...So ..went back to school to work with animals. Best investment I made. Get to help a breathing creature, and only deal with people when needed up front...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back