Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. around here the warehouse spaces go for between .5 and 1 dollar a sq ft. A grocer probably spends 5000 a month in facility cost with comparable power draw to a hydro op., + lease or property costs. So say it costs you 8000 a month, or 10k a month... I bet you could make that up in 1/4 of your space. The math would all have to check out; but if you had a ready sales dump, you got it made.

double that for labor and materials, double it again for permits and insurance stuff. You still have a 1/4 of space for profit.

I don't want to rain on your parade but I have been following a thread about US wholesale pot prices in legal states and the news is not good with continual downward pressure on prices and as more states come on line the competition is only going to get worse.. It sounds like a lot of good product is lucky to get US 1K per pound take it or leave.
There is a lot of talk of growers giving it up and going back to day jobs.

On a brighter note summer has finally arrived, 36 degrees c. This is just too farken hot. Up until now my summer could have been described as British or Scottish. Grey overcast cold and misty. It was bad enough that I have had to heat the grow cabinet. Used a home brew heater and a piece of ply now I have underfloor heating. The girls really perked up when the heat was turned on.
:pass:

Last edited:
I don't want to rain on your parade but I have been following a thread about US wholesale pot prices in legal states and the news is not good with continual downward pressure on prices and as more states come on line the competition is only going to get worse.. It sounds like a lot of good product is lucky to get US 1K per pound take it or leave.
There is a lot of talk of growers giving it up and going back to day jobs.

On a brighter note summer has finally arrived, 36 degrees c. This is just too farken hot. Up until now my summer could have been described as British or Scottish. Grey overcast cold and misty. It was bad enough that I have had to heat the grow cabinet. Used a home brew heater and a piece of ply now I have underfloor heating. The girls really perked up when the heat was turned on.
:pass:
Here in Ca, prices ain't gonna drop anytime soon... if growers are leaving, they're going underground again. When an Oz costs ya 360 in a shop....there's better money to be made... the way we always have.

One more for us olduns'

Here in Ca, prices ain't gonna drop anytime soon... if growers are leaving, they're going underground again. When an Oz costs ya 360 in a shop....there's better money to be made... the way we always have.

One more for us olduns'

It seems regulation is a big cost for legal growers and that is keeping some life in the black market.
It is not an area where I would be laying down any cash.
It will be interesting what the next 5 years holds for the industry.
How many of us would still home grow if buying cannabis was like walking into a liquor barn with all it's variety and price points.

I know I just got here, but I am knackered.
A first aid event, a mental health crisis, and a self harm alert all in a few hours was enough-= then there was the paperwork.

C Y'all later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back