Status
Not open for further replies.
Crappie? My eyes just popped wide open. Nothing more fun than a school of crappie on micro light gear...the Sacramento river and delta are full of them...damn... I didn't have spring fever til just now.

Yeah we love crappies...they don't get monstrous like down in the states up here due to the winters, but 15-17" fish can be had very rarely!! Ive been chasing those buggers around through holes in the ice for over 20 years!! On familiar waters we can usuall grab a dozen 10"+ fish for a fry in a days fish(per man). A few days we have caught as many as 30 "keepers"(10"+)

Yeah we love crappies...they don't get monstrous like down in the states up here due to the winters, but 15-17" fish can be had very rarely!! Ive been chasing those buggers around through holes in the ice for over 20 years!! On familiar waters we can usuall grab a dozen 10"+ fish for a fry in a days fish. A few days we have caught as many as 30 "keepers"(10"+)
Back in the 90s, I was the "trout" fisherman that my dad and his friends had trained... purist... had a slow day with a bud, and we pulled into a small Creek for lunch, we just dropped our lines over the side of the boat while eating, and started catching crappie! We stopped eating and started fishing... two 30 year old dudes hooting and hollering like 12 year olds... I haven't fished for trout since.

Back in the 90s, I was the "trout" fisherman that my dad and his friends had trained... purist... had a slow day with a bud, and we pulled into a small Creek for lunch, we just dropped our lines over the side of the boat while eating, and started catching crappie! We stopped eating and started fishing... two 30 year old dudes hooting and hollering like 12 year olds... I haven't fished for trout since.

Ha yeah trout purists....totall know the style...you should see how pissed these guys are when they have $1000 float rods and i walk up the bank with two or three 5-8 pound rainbows that didnt bite on fancy tied roe sacs....but mepps spinners on a $50 spinning rod. :D Priceless :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back