Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the drawing board . :thumbsup: Maybe another source of insulation ?? .or put the insulation on the outside of the tent !! Just a few suggestions I don't know the circumstances .

yea its never ending! i run a completely sealed tent, with CO2 and COB's...extract only comes on if it goes above 29°C to cool it back down...dehumidifier keeps the humidity down to where i want it...got the heater to get it up to temperature...but it was like 5°C in my loft so the tent was at 14-15°C and wouldnt get up any higher...so i wacked some mineral wool insulation over the top, sides and back of the tent leaving the door free to be opened and it did the job, got my temps up to 25/25°C but now the humidity has dropped massively...no idea why as it was sitting at a nice 60-65% RH before...i can only assume the insulation ive used is really hygroscopic and is absorbing any moisture through the walls of the tent which is really odd...gonna have to leave a few wet towels hanging to try and up the humidity a bit!

yea its never ending! i run a completely sealed tent, with CO2 and COB's...extract only comes on if it goes above 29°C to cool it back down...dehumidifier keeps the humidity down to where i want it...got the heater to get it up to temperature...but it was like 5°C in my loft so the tent was at 14-15°C and wouldnt get up any higher...so i wacked some mineral wool insulation over the top, sides and back of the tent leaving the door free to be opened and it did the job, got my temps up to 25/25°C but now the humidity has dropped massively...no idea why as it was sitting at a nice 60-65% RH before...i can only assume the insulation ive used is really hygroscopic and is absorbing any moisture through the walls of the tent which is really odd...gonna have to leave a few wet towels hanging to try and up the humidity a bit!
Maybe something like this would be a better fit for your needs or something similar that does not absorb as much . In Canada we use a water proof insulation for basement construction I don't know if you have the same products available in the UK .
foamularC200_ang_web.jpg

yea i did a cheap fix which cost me around £20 / $30 with this insulation, its supposed to be waterproof and mold/damp resistant but im doubting that now! im hoping it will balance itself out in the next few days but gonna be a nightmare if not...will have to go down that route of the PIR foam or what not which is probably similar to the product youve suggested...only problem is the cost difference will be about 5/6 times as much!

yea i did a cheap fix which cost me around £20 / $30 with this insulation, its supposed to be waterproof and mold/damp resistant but im doubting that now! im hoping it will balance itself out in the next few days but gonna be a nightmare if not...will have to go down that route of the PIR foam or what not which is probably similar to the product youve suggested...only problem is the cost difference will be about 5/6 times as much!
Ah the price we pay to keep our plants happy . :biggrin:

I do not or have I ever endorsed a product or benefited by endorsing a product but if you don't try this one for $50.00 your missing the boat . On the lowest of temp this thing is amazing for flavor, smoothness and overall good performance Trust me have I ever lied to you yet ?? :biggrin:

Hi @Mossy
I post here I hope it's ok. You qouted me in the intro of topshelflife but I don't found the thread again. I think it wasn't a official vendor and the thread is deleted if I am right.

Hi all you stoners
I hope you all feel great. It's a wonderful day and I hope you all feel the vibe.

Have a great day you all
cu tobe

Afternoon @tobe ..I replied in thread..thank you for that...:d5:..but someone else put the whole post into Moderation at the same time..that's why it disappeared.

Afternoon @tobe ..I replied in thread..thank you for that...:d5:..but someone else put the whole post into Moderation at the same time..that's why it disappeared.
Ok Mossy
Thanks a lot, you know afn is my family and we have to care about our home.

One other thing I noticed. My mostly liked part of the board is the breeder section. There are much threads about feminising that has to be moved to the subforum.
I know it's much to do with a forum like this and all the competition etc, but if it's possible you can put it on the list for the next spring clean.

If there is something I can help with send me a pm and we can talk private.

Have a nice day
Thanks for all the work to make afn the best forum for our hobby.
cu tobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back