Lighting Current Leakage? Using Platinum LED P450

I just checked, the circuit that I'm using is rated for 15 amps. The bathroom GFCI I plugged into with nothing else in there is rated for 20 and I still get a beep..The strip is rated for 15 and I'm using like 4 give or take :nono:

This is the info on the strip box..

View attachment 622846
I've had GFCI's go bad. Maybe thats it...

Skyrone at day 4 hanging in there under the T5 for now while I get this sorted.

IMG_20160905_003342.jpg

I actually returned the P450 three times, and thought maybe a downgrade to the P300 would work but that beeps as well. Could that many Platinum leds have a problem? I wish those HS1s were available.

It's not an easy yes or no. Without getting too technical it's hard to explain. Basically, think of a circuit as a hose filled with water. One end of the hose is sitting in a pool of water connected to a pump. The other end of the hose is being dumped back to that same pool of water. Your device is measuring how much of that water is not making it back to the pool and dripping on the ground.
Depending on equipment being used, some leakage is acceptable and sometimes normal. That determination has to be made after looking at the specs and diagrams.

Yeah I just don't need any fires or feel like getting a jolt from the light by any chance. I'm just not sure what to do, do I return this light again and go with another company? I mean 16 -17 mA is kind of high from what I'm reading and I don't find myself sleeping easy with the strip beeping and flashing. I'm trying to wait and see if Tom chimes in and knows what could possibly be going on because I see some pretty good results on here with these lights. By the way, how are you making out with the Kind Led?

Yeah I just don't need any fires or feel like getting a jolt from the light by any chance. I'm just not sure what to do, do I return this light again and go with another company? I mean 16 -17 mA is kind of high from what I'm reading and I don't find myself sleeping easy with the strip beeping and flashing. I'm trying to wait and see if Tom chimes in and knows what could possibly be going on because I see some pretty good results on here with these lights. By the way, how are you making out with the Kind Led?

So far so good with my kind. In about 2 weeks I will have my northern lights finished. Yield wise it looks very promising. Will be able to form an opinion on quality/ potency next month

Hey @PlatinumLEDTom what do you think is going on here?

Thanks for the heads up on this current leakage issue @Weirdbeard.

@Green Goblin sorry to hear you are having current leakage issues. The fact you keep on experiencing with them after returning the lights, leads me to believe it may be something else. I will talk to Mark (the owner) to see if we have gotten support calls in regards to this in the past.

I'm not an electrician, so I'm not sure how much I can help, but Ill keep you posted on what I find out.

Thanks for the heads up on this current leakage issue @Weirdbeard.

@Green Goblin sorry to hear you are having current leakage issues. The fact you keep on experiencing with them after returning the lights, leads me to believe it may be something else. I will talk to Mark (the owner) to see if we have gotten support calls in regards to this in the past.

I'm not an electrician, so I'm not sure how much I can help, but Ill keep you posted on what I find out.

Thanks for replying. Yeah, I know you guys have quality lights so I was lost when I kept hitting this issue. I actually purchased them from Amazon though so I don't know. I'm not sure how many people actually use the surge protector I'm using with the digital read out, so maybe some have this issue and don't know it or it is an issue on my end.

Thanks

Thanks for replying. Yeah, I know you guys have quality lights so I was lost when I kept hitting this issue. I actually purchased them from Amazon though so I don't know. I'm not sure how many people actually use the surge protector I'm using with the digital read out, so maybe some have this issue and don't know it or it is an issue on my end.

Thanks
Do you have another LED grow fixture so you can A B the two?

Back