Outdoor Critically Acclaimed Critical + 2.0 Auto strain (Dinafem)...1st Outdoor Journal

Do I build a cage, in order to protect my plants, at the risk of loosing some stealth?

• build a mesh cage (Less visible than a tarp)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • risk it and keep maximum stealth (Them being found will result in a request to kill them)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Glad the experts have already arrived.
The first photo looks to my non-expert eye like something has eaten it -- so check underneath the leaves.
The other photos .... hard to say for me.
But at least the bugs on the pots are identified by @Waira (thank you!)
I'd raise the pots off the ground, by at least an inch or two.
Will also help with more air flow around the fabric pots and thus roots.

All the best for shorting out the rest!

:smoking:...you know, I see signs of munching too, looks like caterpillars, maybe snail/slug? (post [HASHTAG]#38[/HASHTAG]; pic's 2, 7).... do you see slime trails leading to where they were? Caterpillars you'll have to scan the plant all over, undersides too,... otherwise, a more mobile pest may have come and gone,...(earwigs, grasshopper,..)
... does that food have an N-P-K ratio, the so called guaranteed analysis? those weights are of no help,.... weird, I can't find that nute line, just the soil mixes,... :shrug:
.... P defc. is a remote possibility, only because it too can cause a similar wasting,... with the constant wetness, outside, a fungal/bacterial issue is more likely to me,.. You can try neem oil, which will deal with both fungus and bugs,....

In terms of the obviously damage there are a million critters out here in Africa that will eat these babies!

I found one slug on the one plant, again they could have had a party while I haven’t been able to check on them!

In terms of guarantee, there is none. This is a South African brand I think... I’ve used it plenty of times on all sorts of plants, including marijuana without an issue. But now I’m doubting [emoji23]!

Neem oil... I shall try get my hands on the stuff today. I have cut away the dead and dying parts of the leaves for now.

What do you think about this course of action? Neem oil today and for a few days, if it doesn’t work then I’ll try get some phosphorous in there...

Or vice verse?

Thanks sooo much for all the help, it is very much needed and appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad the experts have already arrived.
The first photo looks to my non-expert eye like something has eaten it -- so check underneath the leaves.
The other photos .... hard to say for me.
But at least the bugs on the pots are identified by @Waira (thank you!)
I'd raise the pots off the ground, by at least an inch or two.
Will also help with more air flow around the fabric pots and thus roots.

All the best for shorting out the rest!

Thank you for your valued input Maria☘️[emoji1320] I will definitely raise the pots! Airflow will be well appreciated by the ladies, I am sure!

Checked underneath the leaves, but I have not found anything yet. Except for one slug at the base of the one plant. And I have often arrived to some grass hoppers and what not... you know the outdoors[emoji114]

Thank you kindly for your input[emoji1374]it means a lot Dear!

What's your magnification when viewing these bugs ,russet mites are very very small .I really hope these aren't russets or broads if so fighting them can be very very hard if not nearly impossible.I have fought so many bugs an won nothing ever gave my plants a problem until I met the russet mite .

Eye only! I will try get a magnifying glass today. I suspect they are spring tails - their legs and antenna match up to the pictures online!

Thank you very much for stopping by, real nice of you friend! Have a blessed day!

In terms of the obviously damage there are a million critters out here in Africa that will eat these babies!

I found one slug on the one plant, again they could have had a party while I haven’t been able to check on them!

In terms of guarantee, there is none. This is a South African brand I think... I’ve used it plenty of times on all sorts of plants, including marijuana without an issue. But now I’m doubting [emoji23]!

Neem oil... I shall try get my hands on the stuff today. I have cut away the dead and dying parts of the leaves for now.

What do you think about this course of action? Neem oil today and for a few days, if it doesn’t work then I’ll try get some phosphorous in there...

Or vice verse?

Thanks sooo much for all the help, it is very much needed and appreciated!

Here in north america slugs can be repelled by using a band of copper around the base of the stalk or around the perimeter of the pot. Apparently it shocks them and they wont pass the barrier...works well here.

What about some kind of plastic lid to repel some of the excess water if its getting too wet out?

I will look into this! I was naive to think the fabric pots would be sufficient, but one always learns[emoji1316] thanks you very much, Always good to hear some advice from the experts!

I was naive to think the fabric pots would be sufficient, but one always learns
emoji1316.png

Not naive bud...it is all a learning process as we roll in our own individual climates. We all learn and improve as we go

Back