Outdoor Critically Acclaimed Critical + 2.0 Auto strain (Dinafem)...1st Outdoor Journal

Do I build a cage, in order to protect my plants, at the risk of loosing some stealth?

• build a mesh cage (Less visible than a tarp)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • risk it and keep maximum stealth (Them being found will result in a request to kill them)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Dinafem is an excellent choice for autos bud...from what i have seen(and grown) they are very capable of doing very well outdoors. My biggest auto last summer was a dinafem Auto White Widow XXL. If you are looking for larger autos Dinafem, Sweet and especially Dutch Passion would fit the bill. Damn, check out Autoultimate, its even has some lineage to south africa in the Power Plant!! Massive autos, so far it is by far my best yield from an auto outdoors.

As requested -
Green POison Dried bud
View attachment 862882

Ahhh I am so keen to see the results! Going 100% on this one, as always!

The White Widow XXL looks really good. I shall check out the AutoUltimate, I can only choose two auto strains and perhaps 3 photo's for next season. Will have winter to decide ;)! Thanks for the advice, as always, and positive energy your way bro!

That nugget looks so damn delicous!!! so crusted with frosting! Must have been a decadent smoke...Great Job!!

Last edited:
@GreensKeeper -- only just found your grow thread, sorry took me so long.
Those little plants are doing nicely. It's always slower outside.
Most here grow indoors, where they get so pampered and grow so damn fast.

Why thank you! And I guess so, I can't wait for them to shoot off!

Hope you can get them finished up before the winter.
I also have done late grows, in autumn, well after the summer has passed.
So, it can be done. Your environment looks lovely.

Im glad to hear its been done, thats good encouragement! It is lovely, as is yours from the looks of things!

I think I asked you before, but forgot: where in South Africa are you?
I'm not asking for your address, haha, just like what area.
Because I understand that the south and east are quite lush and green,
but up in the high veld it is really quite dry, for example.

I live in a province called Kwazulu-Natal. I live on a green belt of forest, about an hour from the ocean and an hour away from the Drakensburg mountains (I've had some daaaaank mary jane from there). We have heavy rainfalls in summer, and the sun shines strong, even throughout winter. There are thunderstorms and hail, which can be devastating, and very hot days. Winter gets quite cold, we even get some frost in June/July/August, with temperatures reaching 0 at times but never long. Daytime winter temps vary, but average at around 13 degrees celsius. We have had two instances of snow in 10 years.

From your photos, it looks like you are in the greener places. Definitely the greener places, with a lot of mist in summer at night, upping the mold factor, sis.

Everyone has heard of Durban Poison, and then Power Plant from that.
But I guess there must be a lot of different local strains in diff places.
Now, plants like Swazi are becoming famous, and north of you, the Malawi.
Have an old friend from Jo'burg, who used to grow the local there.
But then watching Greenhouse Seeds Strain Hunters vids,
I see that a lot of Dutch genetics are now appearing in SA.

True, I wish to grow those strains. I want to find a local grower who has had the strain over 8 years, so its adapted even better to our climate, and compare it to online someday. Wow, there is some truly unique and incredible dagga being grown in both those countries, buds dripping with almost oil like resin. It leaves oil marks on your hands, I shall try get pictures of it, nothing like I've ever seen. Hehe, I've watched that one too, its interesting! I actually need to watch the whole series:p! Oh thats awesome, I live there till the age of 12, then game to greener pastures;).

I'm rambling.... :p

I tend to as well;) I appreciate you stopping by, happy to have you along for the ride! Positive vibes your way, and keen to follow your grow too!

Happy grows, amigo!

Your not too shabby yourself Ms Sanchez !

Some of the best grows I ever saw were from SA. Boy the climate in some places and a bit of skill, and they grow like triffids..............
images
Hahaha, I love that. I have seen some locals here who have grown some amazing stuff! and also some really, really terrible stuff haha! Thanks for stopping in bud, and the pic ;) I hope you'll pop by again. Good luck in your grows :p

Ahhh I am so keen to see the results! Going 100% on this one, as always!

The White Widow XXL looks really good. I shall check out the AutoUltimate, I can only choose two auto strains and perhaps 3 photo's for next season. Will have winter to decide ;)! Thanks for the advice, as always, and positive energy your way bro!

That nugget looks so damn delicous!!! so crusted with frosting! Must have been a decadent smoke...Great Job!!

2 autos and 3 photos!! Nice!!

As for the Green Poison toke...it is a fantastic indica toke!!

Ahhhh, what a week it was last week! Hectic stuff at work, but that pales in comparison to this [emoji27]

Before I do my update post I have to get this out of my system... I think I have root rot [emoji27]‍♀️♂️[emoji85] but I can’t be sure!

Yesterday I went to my plants; the two oldest showed some symptoms that I didn’t like—-
4fa268ca3d13371e20a8b7662e663567.jpg

5dd9bdb2e8835f6cfc319e847bc79000.jpg

f1d46ea1d4f2cb260127a6d8006c5de2.jpg

At first I thought it was a deficiency, calcium, magnesium or such. I searched but could not conclude...

I get home from work today to this—-
0d400a4636619ec97c40cd8970cd8ec3.jpg

48af9f505df0dbf67794464c672e9449.jpg

873310e6c4f28c62a52080ad3b9d26d3.jpg

e98467afdedcf07e3cc5384c22b9c9bc.jpg

5bfcf1c75541b834e40ef55cb6948c03.jpg

This leads me to believe I have some root rot; over all plant health is quite good, and growth until now has been decent. The ladies do seem quite soft and pliable at the moment, more so than usual...if you read my initial post, you will see what I have used in my set up. Fabric pots, I mixed some perlite in etc.

What I did not do was put some stones at the bottom of the pots for extra drainage, thinking they are fabric pots. Water definitely sleeps out of there, but it’s been raining a lot, and with the pots on the ground the bottom seems damp a lot (I will raise them)

There is algae (green algae a from the bottom, creeping upwards) on the bottom, I will definitely get rid of this ASAP.
36c66f38348ebfa04906d981d14bfabd.jpg

as well as these little shits! Busy researching them, they move slowly and look like tiny white maggots[emoji85]‍♂️ I feel like this isn’t a great sign...
d76c2a9267824339e6f5adbc0aa5e033.jpg

Any thoughts would be much appreciated at his stage [emoji20]
I was going to LST tonight. But my loves are deteriorating at a rapid heart [emoji29].

Should I cut off the dying parts? Watering, minimal I guess? I will raise them off the ground in the future.

Please help me to help my sick ladies? Any help and all is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back