Outdoor Critically Acclaimed Critical + 2.0 Auto strain (Dinafem)...1st Outdoor Journal

Do I build a cage, in order to protect my plants, at the risk of loosing some stealth?

• build a mesh cage (Less visible than a tarp)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • risk it and keep maximum stealth (Them being found will result in a request to kill them)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Mann, these are like bibles ;) such useful information! Gotta eat it up!!

How was the smoke off your critical by the way?

One more thing, when should I start the LST on these critical Autos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the thing about the lst training...because you are in the southern hemisphere it will be reversed. Instead of point the tip to the north, instead point it to the south to maximize northern sun path exposure. I usually start around day 20, once side branches are forming. I like to let them grow a bit first in the young seedling stage, before i start to LST.

As for the toke on the Critical, I haven't grown one yet. This year will be the first!! My guess is it will be awesome(if the other dinafem strains i have grown are any indication). The strain in the pic earlier was a sweet green poison.

So the guides....both guides were written with lots of experience in a shifting climate. Super hot all the time isn't something we deal with, so heat specific info might be a bit limited for you.

Here is the thing about the lst training...because you are in the southern hemisphere it will be reversed. Instead of point the tip to the north, instead point it to the south to maximize northern sun path exposure. I usually start around day 20, once side branches are forming. I like to let them grow a bit first in the young seedling stage, before i start to LST.

As for the toke on the Critical, I haven't grown one yet. This year will be the first!! My guess is it will be awesome(if the other dinafem strains i have grown are any indication). The strain in the pic earlier was a sweet green poison.

So the guides....both guides were written with lots of experience in a shifting climate. Super hot all the time isn't something we deal with, so heat specific info might be a bit limited for you.

I will admin naivety here, I thought that was a critical from ‘green poison seeds’ [emoji23] there are so many seed banks out there! Apologies.

What was your harvest off that sweet green poison? I am truly impressed by that bush man.

With regards to the LST, thank you kindly for that advice! I will definitely be LST’ing at least 3 of my plants with your method [emoji1374] I am very excited to test them out!!

I shall try and adjust it for the heat, but I reckon I won’t need much adjustment at all! Very well written guides, and your generosity sharing this knowledge certainly has not gone unnoticed man. You have a true passion for this plant and teaching people, it’s really awesome man. Big props to you! I look forward to having you on board man.

I will admin naivety here, I thought that was a critical from ‘green poison seeds’ [emoji23] there are so many seed banks out there! Apologies.

What was your harvest off that sweet green poison? I am truly impressed by that bush man.

With regards to the LST, thank you kindly for that advice! I will definitely be LST’ing at least 3 of my plants with your method [emoji1374] I am very excited to test them out!!

I shall try and adjust it for the heat, but I reckon I won’t need much adjustment at all! Very well written guides, and your generosity sharing this knowledge certainly has not gone unnoticed man. You have a true passion for this plant and teaching people, it’s really awesome man. Big props to you! I look forward to having you on board man.

Thanks for the compliments bud...yes i really do have a passion for cannabis, and for helping folks grow!!

The Critical 2.0 I am starting soon for outdoor is from Dinafem Seeds. I pulled a solid yield off the Sweet Seeds green poison, but i had to toss a bunch of main tops away due to mold(high humidity). It was the second smallest framed plant(grew 4 total) i grew last summer in full sun.
At this time i really only use 7 breeders
Dutch Passion
Dinafem
Sweet Seeds
Mephisto
Autoflower POrtal
Bomb Seeds
Delicious Seeds

Between those, that is all I feel I need!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments bud...yes i really do have a passion for cannabis, and for helping folks grow!!

The Critical 2.0 I am starting soon for outdoor is from Dinafem Seeds. I pulled a solid yield(64z) off the Sweet Seeds green poison, but i had to toss a bunch of main tops away due to mold(high humidity). It was the second smallest framed plant(grew 4 total) i grew last summer in full sun.
At this time i really only use 7 breeders
Dutch Passion
Dinafem
Sweet Seeds
Mephisto
Autoflower POrtal
Bomb Seeds
Delicious Seeds

Between those, that is all I feel I need!!

Well this forum, and people like me, are lucky to have been able to connect to you!

Wow! That is a hectic yield, and I can imagine that it must have been quality stuff! Sorry to hear about the mould, it’s a damned savage beast!

Well from all my reading, and watching some friends grow it, I decided to go with Dinafem. Next I shall try Mephisto!

Well this forum, and people like me, are lucky to have been able to connect to you!

Wow! That is a hectic yield, and I can imagine that it must have been quality stuff! Sorry to hear about the mould, it’s a damned savage beast!

Well from all my reading, and watching some friends grow it, I decided to go with Dinafem. Next I shall try Mephisto!

Dinafem is an excellent choice for autos bud...from what i have seen(and grown) they are very capable of doing very well outdoors. My biggest auto last summer was a dinafem Auto White Widow XXL. If you are looking for larger autos Dinafem, Sweet and especially Dutch Passion would fit the bill. Damn, check out Autoultimate, its even has some lineage to south africa in the Power Plant!! Massive autos, so far it is by far my best yield from an auto outdoors.

As requested -
Green POison Dried bud
Green Poison.JPG

@GreensKeeper -- only just found your grow thread, sorry took me so long.
Those little plants are doing nicely. It's always slower outside.
Most here grow indoors, where they get so pampered and grow so damn fast.

Hope you can get them finished up before the winter.
I also have done late grows, in autumn, well after the summer has passed.
So, it can be done. Your environment looks lovely.

I think I asked you before, but forgot: where in South Africa are you?
I'm not asking for your address, haha, just like what area.
Because I understand that the south and east are quite lush and green,
but up in the high veld it is really quite dry, for example.

From your photos, it looks like you are in the greener places.

Everyone has heard of Durban Poison, and then Power Plant from that.
But I guess there must be a lot of different local strains in diff places.
Now, plants like Swazi are becoming famous, and north of you, the Malawi.
Have an old friend from Jo'burg, who used to grow the local there.
But then watching Greenhouse Seeds Strain Hunters vids,
I see that a lot of Dutch genetics are now appearing in SA.

I'm rambling.... :p

Happy grows, amigo!

Your not too shabby yourself Ms Sanchez !

Some of the best grows I ever saw were from SA. Boy the climate in some places and a bit of skill, and they grow like triffids..............
images

Back