Mephisto Genetics Cosmic Queens in not quite living soil

help break down the old root zone into healthy food for the next run.
That's exactly what a healthy soil food web will do :)

EM isn't the solution you're looking for.
Getting yourself a good compost is going to take you way further, with multiple positive side effects.

You can assess compost without a microscope, if it has the desired characteristics I described in an earlier post (sorry you'll have to search the thread, or scroll back up, my arms feel like rubber chickens, just chopped the rest of Sissi :smoker1:).
And then, maintain that herd, keeping the soil steadily moist and fed with nice organic matter, letting worms help with the turnaround, and always having something growing in there :)

And if you have a patch of kale or similar, you can feed the EM to them, they'll like it way more than your cannabis would :jointman:
cheers!

A fresh kale smoothie ? I may have to try a small patch in the yard
you know, when I looked into the canna-juicing thing, I thought it weird how they were adding kale to a fruit smoothie - but lo, adding kale (I've used broccoli too, may just use the stems in future though, all those buds on the flower part don't get chopped haha) actually sweetens and rounds off smoothies, so it's become a staple ingredient in mine!

alright, enough of this nonsense!
@water farm I've been meaning to chat a bit more about your CQs, but got all confused where on account of our talking about her in 3 different places :shrug:...sometimes... haha

Again, thank you very much for posting this overview (so everyone else knows WTH I'm even talking about)!

CQ is bottom left, bottom left, top right. Then the 1st picture in the finished plants. Here's some more.

day 40
View attachment 869274 View attachment 869275
day 50
View attachment 869276 View attachment 869277
day 60
View attachment 869282 View attachment 869281 View attachment 869283
day 70
View attachment 869280 bottom left
day 80
View attachment 869284 View attachment 869285 View attachment 869286
harvest
View attachment 869289 View attachment 869290 View attachment 869287 View attachment 869288

she was very short squat and bushy much to my surprise as I expected a lankier sativa. but she has a sativa dominant high and just look at those sativa leaves !! I do not know how tall she was maybe 2 feet

Yeah with the CQ Mephisto seems to have reshaped an otherwise sativa plant!

Question regarding phenotypes: how did the terp profiles develop on yours? I ask because my two plants seem to be different phenos, Sissi had much more haze and fuelly notes going on in between fruit aromas before she settled into sweet haziness.While Woozy has just been all fruits, and even though she is developing that sweet haziness too now, never had a the slightest whiff of fuel or cheesiness to her. And they did show slightly different growth patterns too.

And a question regarding training: you seem to not have removed any of the larger leaves, is this correct?
I'm suspecting I made mine go even leafier by defoliating radically at a rather awkward moment (going full into flower :rolleyes2:).
And how was the undergrowth?
Cheers! :pass:

Mine is totally dominated by flowers and fruits. There is a background sweet rotten funk that develops later in flowering but stays far in the background as even more fruits come out.

-- honeysuckle early and strong followed by cherries and throw in an orchard harvest of apples and pears later -- the honey and pear that comes out is a little soapy or creamy like body lotion
-- the rotten funk in the background is on the sweet side as well and there is really no hint of fuel or chem -- a touch of 'cheese' if you like from a mostly sweet but slightly skunky BO or bad breath sort of thing that it has going on

your Sissy at harvest looks just like mine did... Woozy is starting to look much the same I expect? at least it looks to me like she is fading to the purples and yellows as well anyway....

I removed a whole bunch of leaves as I went... plenty of larger ones... super bushy leafy girl... undergrowth was thick and bushy...

BUT !! as you can see she covers everything with trichomes -- all the way out the leaves and down the stems... so plenty of saveable trim to work with !!

Mine is totally dominated by flowers and fruits. There is a background sweet rotten funk that develops later in flowering but stays far in the background as even more fruits come out.

-- honeysuckle early and strong followed by cherries and throw in an orchard harvest of apples and pears later -- the honey and pear that comes out is a little soapy or creamy like body lotion
-- the rotten funk in the background is on the sweet side as well and there is really no hint of fuel or chem -- a touch of 'cheese' if you like from a mostly sweet but slightly skunky BO or bad breath sort of thing that it has going on

your Sissy at harvest looks just like mine did... Woozy is starting to look much the same I expect? at least it looks to me like she is fading to the purples and yellows as well anyway....

I removed a whole bunch of leaves as I went... plenty of larger ones... super bushy leafy girl... undergrowth was thick and bushy...

BUT !! as you can see she covers everything with trichomes -- all the way out the leaves and down the stems... so plenty of saveable trim to work with !!
Oh yeah, she sure challenges bud fixation, the whole plant is a giant bud in terms of trichome production haha
I just saw another grower-of-CQ who is going to be trying hashmaking for the first time lol

Mmm the bouquet yours developed sounds extremely yummy!
More like Woozy actually! And yes, Woozy is starting to purple up a bit now too, but her cola structure is more defined than Sissis was.

Interesting that you were removing leaves too - looking at the outcomes, I get the feeling that the CQ may be rather sensitive to how things are done ;) Usually I lean more towards continuous grooming myself, just this time I started with the intent of "just letting her grow out" to get to know her, and that forced my hand later on. I could really observe how she exploded her little leaves after I took off that load of larger ones obstructing each other in midflower :doh::haha:

I'm starting to get the feeling that between my environmentals, an iffey soil, hesitant training, and phenos, I won't be able to pinpoint what exactly happened with mine. A comparative followup grow is truly needed to clarify on this elusive girl! :smoking:
Cheers!

day 86

Woozy has gotten stacked above Sissi's pot and is continuing her color change.
I don't think she looks like she'll be ready to chop in 2 days :D

2018-03-01_day86 (1).JPG

I don't feel so rushed anymore to chop though, now that the NLH has at least gotten some space to start spreading out.
Also, I have resolved to cut the NLH back a bit as I switch to flower, and I won't be doing that for a few days on account of it being full moon tomorrow.

Woozy's looking more and more two-headed in terms of coloring now

2018-03-01_day86 (2).JPG

Main cola
2018-03-01_day86_mainbud1 (1).JPG

And the main secondary
2018-03-01_day86_mainbud2.JPG

Still a few fresh pistils growing..
So she's another 3-4 days to wrap that up, and then 12/12, at which I think I can allow her to finish properly, however long it takes ;)
Cheers!

Back