Mephisto Genetics Cosmic Queens in not quite living soil

With all of the trichomes your plants have packed on, I am sure you would yield quite well! As for myself, I shook the hell out of the bag for about 2 minutes and the product was still nice and yellow, not too green due to a ton of plant material, but also not as pure trichome as a 73 micron bag. The hash is more than potent enough for me though. Going to give a go at some hash capsules tomorrow with 5 grams of bubblelicious.
Damn that sounds like fun. Lol you putting hash in capsules and eating them?
I will have to check the microns sizes of my bags. It's supposed to make a few different grades, but I'd rather just have some that's good and some better lol I'm pretty sure that's doable, using 5 bags just seems like I'd lose some trichomes to the bags. Where as I don't mind the top quality from the last and the lesser qualities mixed together. Know what I'm saying? Lol Have you done anything like this?

Ah, that is truly liberating news to me! :woohoo:
hmmmm.... so I could also use some of those sticky CQ lowers still on the plant and try that out, hey! :d5:
Cheers! :pass:
I just searched for the answer to my question about, not having to use all 5 bags doing tbe ice water extraction. One guy said he actually uses the spent material and makes butter with it. The ice water extraction only gets the capitate-stalked trichomes the capitate-sessile trichs and bulbous trichs are still there. That leaves you with plenty more cannabinoids to make butter with.
Something to look more into I guess. I'm a little more excited about it now. Knowing I can make more butter or coconut oil. Better than throwing it out.

Damn that sounds like fun. Lol you putting hash in capsules and eating them?
I will have to check the microns sizes of my bags. It's supposed to make a few different grades, but I'd rather just have some that's good and some better lol I'm pretty sure that's doable, using 5 bags just seems like I'd lose some trichomes to the bags. Where as I don't mind the top quality from the last and the lesser qualities mixed together. Know what I'm saying? Lol Have you done anything like this?
Yep! You basically make a concentrated oil with coconut oil and hash, then add by the dropper full to the capsules depending on how strong you want them. BadKat has a tutorial on the process of how to make the hash capsules if you're interested.
When I did my run of dry ice hash I just used the 120 micron size the whole way but a lot of people start with the smaller sized bags like a 73 and shake until the trichomes stop falling out, then dump the product and dry ice into a bigger bag such as a 120 and shake until trichomes stop falling, and work your way up to the 160 and/or 220 size. And I am sure you could still use the leftover plant material for butter or oil as well.

Yep! You basically make a concentrated oil with coconut oil and hash, then add by the dropper full to the capsules depending on how strong you want them. BadKat has a tutorial on the process of how to make the hash capsules if you're interested.
When I did my run of dry ice hash I just used the 120 micron size the whole way but a lot of people start with the smaller sized bags like a 73 and shake until the trichomes stop falling out, then dump the product and dry ice into a bigger bag such as a 120 and shake until trichomes stop falling, and work your way up to the 160 and/or 220 size. And I am sure you could still use the leftover plant material for butter or oil as well.
Nice thanks. Do you have a link to the hash capsule thread? I guess I could search if not lol.
Starting to get more excited and less intimidated by the process now, that's a good thing. Now I'm starting to wonder if I want to do this with my critical cbd plant. The smoke alone is great though. Is there a certain kind of capsule you use? I'm just thinking about how they dissolve if ingested vs oil being inside of it.

Nice thanks. Do you have a link to the hash capsule thread? I guess I could search if not lol.
Starting to get more excited and less intimidated by the process now, that's a good thing. Now I'm starting to wonder if I want to do this with my critical cbd plant. The smoke alone is great though. Is there a certain kind of capsule you use? I'm just thinking about how they dissolve if ingested vs oil being inside of it.
You use an empty gelatin vitamin capsule which most health food stores carry, I guess the vegetarian capsules that don't have gelatin will dissolve fairly quickly due to the cannabinoids.
Here is a link to BadKats thread: https://forum.grasscity.com/threads...v-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.742831/
Here is a link to a thread of a guy that simplified the process somewhat: https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/hallucinating-hash-capsules-for-hemp-heads.1428678/

You use an empty gelatin vitamin capsule which most health food stores carry, I guess the vegetarian capsules that don't have gelatin will dissolve fairly quickly due to the cannabinoids.
Here is a link to BadKats thread: https://forum.grasscity.com/threads...v-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.742831/
Here is a link to a thread of a guy that simplified the process somewhat: https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/hallucinating-hash-capsules-for-hemp-heads.1428678/
Awesome thanks man. I appreciate it.

Wow what a treasure trove of possibilities to come back to!
I see processing is a whole rabbit burrow on its own :D

@Rogue Chief do you think making oil from the hash material would also work with regular ice? I suppose we'd want to let it dry down first... water and oil don't go so well together lol
May try that too, the CQ really is quite caked up...

I've had to jar her up already, after only 3 days - despite high humidity in the closet in general, the drying space up top, right next to the carbon filter, seems to have way drier conditions.
Main bud
2018-02-23_sissi-jarred (2d).JPG

and closer up
2018-02-23_sissi-jarred (2d)detail.JPG

2018-02-23_sissi-jarred (2c).JPG

2018-02-23_sissi-jarred (2c)detail.JPG

A lower bud off the main stem
2018-02-23_sissi-jarred (2f).JPG

Some random secondary
2018-02-23_sissi-jarred (7a).JPG

A look at the branches leaves just one word in mind: shaggy, and reminds me of a teenager's guerilla grow harvested early :rofl:
Only difference being all that trichness revealing itself closeup :kiss:
A handful of branches in example
2018-02-23_sissi-jarred (1).JPG

So, 60g dry got jarred up, with a max of 20g still on the plant.
Adjusting my expectations for Woozy, and hoping I have finally learned my lesson about sacrificial plants, the greater good, and such :p

Decarb at 245 for 28 minutes.
That's from a study done by a university here.
I think I need to get myself a cooking thermometer, I have no idea actually what my oil gets to.
I had been seeing oil being made at relatively low temps over long periods of time and hotter and shorter, so I imagine even if the oil stays below those 245, over twice the time could have the same effect and indeed, really make that decarb madness in the oven beforehand superfluous..:stir:

Cheers!! :smokeout:

Last edited:
Back