Mephisto Genetics Cosmic Queens in not quite living soil

@calliandra forgive me if I missed it in the first 4 pages, and my impatience if it's to come, but where did you get the northern lights #5× haze from?
I've been looking at getting some from Swami, along with his cherry bomb. He's also has a lot of other really interesting genetics from the older days. Real Panama, Clackamas Coots the one and blue orca, rumor has it he's breeding road kill skunk with some things now to be released in the spring. Definitely worth checking out if you into old school genetics.
I have the one from sensi seeds :D
And I need to be hella careful not to look at too many strains too - my seed stash is lined up to keep me growing, forever, actually lol
I have some regulars here too - Sunshine Daydreams from Bodhi, and a few crosses from besaid friend, one of which he named after lil ol me haha
The "Crazy Calli" is a cross of Cinderella99 and Psychokiller(breeder'sBoutique) x Livers cut... uhoh haha now I'm getting all excited about growing those lol
I need to go study the thread of a guy who is doing a perpetual with regulars lol ---Thing is, I don't have a real veg closet, so my mind has been roaming into the idea of regular perpetual under 12/12. Problem being, I have this hang towards wanting to let the plants express themselves fully, so that's just a road straight into trouble - and my friends relying on harvests are gonna hate me haha
moving on hastily... :crying:

That NL5/haze is going to be a real behemothis.She likes to stretch.She is still one of my personal all time favorites.I remember growing her for the first time.Me and a buddy started her indoors in February and put her outside in May she was already over 3 feet.She grew into the biggest plant I have personally ever seen.A 12' tall 16' circumference Xmas tree that was loaded with 2 lbs. of some wickedly potent buds.The frickin fans leaves would get you high like for real high.We sold bags of fan leaves for $20 all day long and kept the buds for ourselves.This was back in the early 90's when it was mostly commercial brick weed on the market and this shit changed the whole game when we realized how good herb could be.Please be good to her because she was so good to me and will hopefully be good to you. NO TILL FTW!
Yeah the Force is strong with that one - I can totally imagine her doing that! and I would've loved being able to give mine that freedom!
Gosh that's crazy about the fan leaves though!!
Making me want to relocate to a warmer clime all over you are haha

As to being good to her... lol chopping down the CQs on the spot and giving her the whole closet and 12/12 RIGHT NOW is what I think she'd like most. Day 132 of her life today
Still all squished in her side of the closet
2018-02-18_day132 (1).JPG

2018-02-18_day132 (2).JPG

Still surreptitiously blooming in the undergrowth, yes, at 18/6 lol
2018-02-18_day132 (3).JPG

2018-02-18_day132 (5).JPG

and throwing out structures going "hint, hint" further up now too (again!! She must think I am SO obtuse! haha))
2018-02-18_day132 (4).JPG

And I am aware! It's what's making waiting on the CQs to actually finish so dam hard!
Yesterday I went to cut off Sissis main cola, and as I was inspecting the progression of coloring on the lower buds there, she whispered, "not yet!"
Dammit lol

Last edited:
I've actually heard of people juicing the leaves to combat powdery mildew. I'll have to do some digging to find out who exactly said this. I heard about it on a panel on "Free Weed" with Danny Danko from High Times. It's a podcast that I think they don't do anymore, but the episodes are still available to listen to.
Leaves from a different healthy plant or the PM ridden one itself?
Thinking from the microbial perspective, the way to "combat" it would be to fortify the beneficial microbes, so they don't even give PM the chance to break out - or make it die down by displacement. Not quite seeing how that would happen there...
Or, maybe more holistically, providing fresh building blocks for the sick plant to integrate into its buildup quickly, fortifying it from within....?
Hm fascinating premise!

And Queen Sissi

2018-02-18_day75-sissi (1).JPG

2018-02-18_day75-sissi (3).JPG

Her color change is progressing downwards, and it was this that made me hedge when I went to cut off her head. That smaller leaf was almost green just a day ago, so I'm trying to wait to take the tip until the leaves below (like the one going out to the right on the lowest centered bud) change. Setting a limit at day 77 because of the ripeness of the trichs up top now. 77 is a nice number, and works for me like flipping a coin. I need to stop agonizing over this!:coco:
So, milady, whatever you're up to, get it done up there in the next 2 days please!

Picture dump!
Main cola
2018-02-17_day74-sissi (2).JPG

2018-02-17_day74-sissi (4).JPG

2018-02-17_day74-sissi (5).JPG

And impressions from the secondaries
2018-02-17_day74-sissi (6).JPG

2018-02-17_day74-sissi (7).JPG

2018-02-17_day74-sissi (8).JPG

2018-02-17_day74-sissi (9).JPG

Sorry guys, did my best, but all of these barely come close to her full beauty and sparkliness :bow:
cheers :jointman:

Leaves from a different healthy plant or the PM ridden one itself?
Thinking from the microbial perspective, the way to "combat" it would be to fortify the beneficial microbes, so they don't even give PM the chance to break out - or make it die down by displacement. Not quite seeing how that would happen there...
Or, maybe more holistically, providing fresh building blocks for the sick plant to integrate into its buildup quickly, fortifying it from within....?
Hm fascinating premise!
I'm pretty sure they didn't use the leaves from the plants with PM. I'll do some digging on that podcast and see if I can't get more information. Or at least give you the link to it. From what I remember I don't think they gave much reason as to why or how it worked. I'll find out.

I have the one from sensi seeds :D
And I need to be hella careful not to look at too many strains too - my seed stash is lined up to keep me growing, forever, actually lol
I have some regulars here too - Sunshine Daydreams from Bodhi, and a few crosses from besaid friend, one of which he named after lil ol me haha
The "Crazy Calli" is a cross of Cinderella99 and Psychokiller(breeder'sBoutique) x Livers cut... uhoh haha now I'm getting all excited about growing those lol
I need to go study the thread of a guy who is doing a perpetual with regulars lol ---Thing is, I don't have a real veg closet, so my mind has been roaming into the idea of regular perpetual under 12/12. Problem being, I have this hang towards wanting to let the plants express themselves fully, so that's just a road straight into trouble - and my friends relying on harvests are gonna hate me haha
moving on hastily... :crying:

Yeah the Force is strong with that one - I can totally imagine her doing that! and I would've loved being able to give mine that freedom!
Gosh that's crazy about the fan leaves though!!
Making me want to relocate to a warmer clime all over you are haha

As to being good to her... lol chopping down the CQs on the spot and giving her the whole closet and 12/12 RIGHT NOW is what I think she'd like most. Day 132 of her life today
Still all squished in her side of the closet
View attachment 866260
View attachment 866261

Still surreptitiously blooming in the undergrowth, yes, at 18/6 lol
View attachment 866262

View attachment 866264

and throwing out structures going "hint, hint" further up now too (again!! She must think I am SO obtuse! haha))
View attachment 866263

And I am aware! It's what's making waiting on the CQs to actually finish so dam hard!
Yesterday I went to cut off Sissis main cola, and as I was inspecting the progression of coloring on the lower buds there, she whispered, "not yet!"
Dammit lol
Sounds good. We've got some maple leaf Indica from Sensi going now. My buddy is making seeds of. Can't wait to get my paws some. Lol
Crazy Calli sounds great. Actually the nick name of an old friend of mine lol. I've always been a fan of Cindy 99, and blues/livers is something I'm missing in my life. I love anything related to UK cheese. I can't imagine how that would smell, no actually I can lmao
I'm eyeing UGorg seeds, they have some great crosses with blues, all regular seeds too. I like regs. Having a bunch of beans is a two edge sword, lol, can be difficult to figure out what to do next. I tend to just be impulsive about it. Get an idea and just soak some seeds before I change my mind. Can't go back after soaking them lol

Do u rate the Luton cheese johnp540

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best of my knowledge it's the same as Exodus Cheese, or am I mistaken?
I love Exodus Cheese. The first thing I had that was cheese, that I knew of was, LA Cheese. My hippy friend grew it and kept 2 phenos one was really dark green with blue/purple hues and the other was a little more potent and produced a little more bud. Both were good in my opinion. That's what got me into Cheese. I'm a huge livers fan. I've got quite a few of Mephistos livers strains.
Need to get some photos though. UGorg blues and blues crosses are a must. Love Big Buddha's cheese that's the only one I've had. Wish they had regular seeds. And I can only wish that I could try the clone only cheese. No idea where I can get a cut.

day 77 - partial chop

So I went and did some more-to-the-point science, by taking and actually drying a tester bud from near top AND a tester bud from the downstairs larf. Smoked the larf with a friend, who said it was A-okay and loved the sweetness of its aromas lol
Knowing this made it easier to just start cutting off tops, and then decide what to do with the larf.

So last peek at the Cosmic Queens in their full glory

2018-02-20_day77 (1).JPG

And what was left in the end

2018-02-20_sissi-partial-harvest (6).JPG

It was damnedly hard to trim, we ended up leaving lots of pretty green sugar leaves on because they just were so wantonly covered in trichs on their undersides.. but from the science we already know that it's a real smooth smoke anyway - even totally fresh :)
That said, you aren't going to see me growing under such hi humidity conditions anytime soon again!
Hung in the top corner of the closet, it's going to look pretty shaggy when done, with zero bag appeal, but what do I care, not gonna be putting em in bags :p

2018-02-20_sissi-partial-harvest (3a).JPG

I didn't take weights, weight isn't going to be relevant for this grow (though I will weigh when I transfer to jars), we were a bit disappointed at first, estimating she won't make it to 100g - but on the other hand, I really do need to remember to lower the dosages, she's a strong one!:baked:
Plus...the time definitely has come for me to learn how to make ice hash
2018-02-20_sissi-partial-harvest (1).JPG
2018-02-20_sissi-partial-harvest (1)-trimdetail.JPG

Stored up in the freezer waiting for the rest of the trimmings.
Any fan leaves with relatively few trichs got mulched back into the pot along with cut up branch material.

2018-02-20_sissi-partial-harvest (4).JPG

So here we are, another few days of this

2018-02-20_sissi-partial-harvest (7).JPG

Not going to wait for long on the larf, just a few days of ripening. Then Mz Woozy will get perched above Sissi's soil and given another 2 weeks to finish, possibly on 12/12 in the end. I've already sown crimson clover and buckwheat into Sissi's soil to keep the soil biology going, since it will be a few weeks before it gets used again.

Cheers! :jointman:

Back