Mephisto Genetics Cosmic Queens in not quite living soil

day 77 - partial chop

So I went and did some more-to-the-point science, by taking and actually drying a tester bud from near top AND a tester bud from the downstairs larf. Smoked the larf with a friend, who said it was A-okay and loved the sweetness of its aromas lol
Knowing this made it easier to just start cutting off tops, and then decide what to do with the larf.

So last peek at the Cosmic Queens in their full glory

View attachment 868067

And what was left in the end

View attachment 868071

It was damnedly hard to trim, we ended up leaving lots of pretty green sugar leaves on because they just were so wantonly covered in trichs on their undersides.. but from the science we already know that it's a real smooth smoke anyway - even totally fresh :)
That said, you aren't going to see me growing under such hi humidity conditions anytime soon again!
Hung in the top corner of the closet, it's going to look pretty shaggy when done, with zero bag appeal, but what do I care, not gonna be putting em in bags :p

View attachment 868070

I didn't take weights, weight isn't going to be relevant for this grow (though I will weigh when I transfer to jars), we were a bit disappointed at first, estimating she won't make it to 100g - but on the other hand, I really do need to remember to lower the dosages, she's a strong one!:baked:
Plus...the time definitely has come for me to learn how to make ice hash
View attachment 868068
View attachment 868069

Stored up in the freezer waiting for the rest of the trimmings.
Any fan leaves with relatively few trichs got mulched back into the pot along with cut up branch material.

View attachment 868073

So here we are, another few days of this

View attachment 868072

Not going to wait for long on the larf, just a few days of ripening. Then Mz Woozy will get perched above Sissi's soil and given another 2 weeks to finish, possibly on 12/12 in the end. I've already sown crimson clover and buckwheat into Sissi's soil to keep the soil biology going, since it will be a few weeks before it gets used again.

Cheers! :jointman:
Very nice! Those sugar leaf smoke too, I don't trim them.either :headbang:

@calliandra aka Crazy Calli lol Looks very good. Definitely don't want any trichs wasted. Are you going to document you ice water wash? Interested to see how it turns out. I plan on doing the same with mine. It will be my first time. Tired of seeing these bags lying around doing nothing. Honestly I'm somewhat intimidated by the process. I don't know why. I've seen videos and pictures and read instruction, I'm great with most anything when it comes to my hands. Guess I'm just worried I'll screw something up I dunno. Lol
Anyways beautiful plants, can't wait to see your hash.

Really nice grow brother! I am so glad you shared all that knowledge. I too am interested in seeing your hash. Those plants looked way sexy in the end.:dancer:

Nice potency uncured is a real plus too. She only gets better from here. Great thread!:thumbsup::d5:

@calliandra aka Crazy Calli lol Looks very good. Definitely don't want any trichs wasted. Are you going to document you ice water wash? Interested to see how it turns out. I plan on doing the same with mine. It will be my first time. Tired of seeing these bags lying around doing nothing. Honestly I'm somewhat intimidated by the process. I don't know why. I've seen videos and pictures and read instruction, I'm great with most anything when it comes to my hands. Guess I'm just worried I'll screw something up I dunno. Lol
Anyways beautiful plants, can't wait to see your hash.
Could always try a run of dry ice hash, I did 3 ounces total of 3 different strains of flowers through a 120 micron bag and it took all of about 30 minutes maybe. It yielded about 15-20% of original weight.

Could always try a run of dry ice hash, I did 3 ounces total of 3 different strains of flowers through a 120 micron bag and it took all of about 30 minutes maybe. It yielded about 15-20% of original weight.
Nice. That's something to think about. I think I can get dry ice locally. Not 100% sure. If I had the extra cash I'd just get one of those table top washers lol a lot easier.

Thanks guys!
Honestly I'm somewhat intimidated by the process. I don't know why. I've seen videos and pictures and read instruction, I'm great with most anything when it comes to my hands. Guess I'm just worried I'll screw something up I dunno. Lol
LOL I totally get you regarding feeling intimidated! (Plus I haven't had large amounts of material I could experiment with anyway)
I'm going to go the rustic route - just ice, a good stirring, skimming the plant material off the top and letting the rest settle. (Note to self, start making icecubes haha)
No nerves to go out sourcing anything, nor the budget either tbh ;)

In my case it's probably also because of my to now rather disappointing attempts in the edible direction - probably I'm just roasting the weed too much when I go to decarboxylate, no matter how carefully, which does something with the flavours that is disagreeable to me. Making me doubt whether we need to decarb at all if we're going to be cooking that weed in oil for an hour - probably at high enough temps to get that THCa to convert anyway? :shrug:

Wow that sounds really nice!! My understanding has been to expect 10% max. Probably depends on how triched up the originaly material was eh :coffee2: dawn is slow to come for me today

Cheers!

Thanks guys!

LOL I totally get you regarding feeling intimidated! (Plus I haven't had large amounts of material I could experiment with anyway)
I'm going to go the rustic route - just ice, a good stirring, skimming the plant material off the top and letting the rest settle. (Note to self, start making icecubes haha)
No nerves to go out sourcing anything, nor the budget either tbh ;)

In my case it's probably also because of my to now rather disappointing attempts in the edible direction - probably I'm just roasting the weed too much when I go to decarboxylate, no matter how carefully, which does something with the flavours that is disagreeable to me. Making me doubt whether we need to decarb at all if we're going to be cooking that weed in oil for an hour - probably at high enough temps to get that THCa to convert anyway? :shrug:

Wow that sounds really nice!! My understanding has been to expect 10% max. Probably depends on how triched up the originaly material was eh :coffee2: dawn is slow to come for me today

Cheers!
I've never decarbed when making butter. My understanding is it decarbs while cooking, that's the way it was explained to me. I asked about a month ago on live stoners, if anyone decarbed and explained how I don't but my butter still turns out good. And that's the answer I got. I love edibles, well let me rephrase that, we have a love hate relationship lmao sometimes they're a bit too strong.

I've never decarbed when making butter. My understanding is it decarbs while cooking, that's the way it was explained to me. I asked about a month ago on live stoners, if anyone decarbed and explained how I don't but my butter still turns out good. And that's the answer I got. I love edibles, well let me rephrase that, we have a love hate relationship lmao sometimes they're a bit too strong.
Ah, that is truly liberating news to me! :woohoo:
hmmmm.... so I could also use some of those sticky CQ lowers still on the plant and try that out, hey! :d5:
Cheers! :pass:

Ah, that is truly liberating news to me! :woohoo:
hmmmm.... so I could also use some of those sticky CQ lowers still on the plant and try that out, hey! :d5:
Cheers! :pass:
:stir: whip it up!!! Lol
I've also done it with fresh material, but like it dried better, fresh it takes a little more material I think. Glad I could help. :d5:

Cheers!
With all of the trichomes your plants have packed on, I am sure you would yield quite well! As for myself, I shook the hell out of the bag for about 2 minutes and the product was still nice and yellow, not too green due to a ton of plant material, but also not as pure trichome as a 73 micron bag. The hash is more than potent enough for me though. Going to give a go at some hash capsules tomorrow with 5 grams of bubblelicious.

Back