Communal Learning TLO thread

I planted potatoes this weekend with my daughter. She was helping and talking about the worms. So we had a nice discussion about worm poop and the ecosystem of the soil! She was, ooooohhhhh worm poop!

yeah teach em early n they run this crappy ball and maybe clean it up or blow it up. either Im fine with LMAO!! its awesome to see young ones getting into it and atleast learning correctly about the soil eco system and other natural ecosystems and the like. thats killer bro. great job bro!! ohhhhh poop of da wormy dudes?!! lol

That's a great gift to a child, think how many are taught real young that it's all "dirty" man that's gonna have a long lasting effect:d5:

Thanks! funniest thing is i struggle growing veggies but do a decent job with canna. My dad always pots her up a tomato to care for, maybe i should get her some ewc to feed it with this year.

I have some scrap pieces of cedar siding i was thinking about using to build a short bin in the ground. I can make a spot for it and just feed the worms. Make em a happy home i can get to!

Kewl, might wanna treat the bottom or put it on a sub floor or something. and PLUS its cedar too. it'll help with any infestation and the occasional pest too :) cool dude, lemme know how it all turns out! too bad your not close bro,I have a nice stacking worm bin. one of those indoor jobs that stack in a corner. NICE system too once its working n all that. but my heater broke a cpl three yrs ago now and so me n worms in the basement dont do as well as I'd like.

Back