Communal Learning TLO thread

I still aint forgotten bout ya'll :D just busy playing catch up prior to winter. once the cold settles in either here and/or the AFN radio,I would like to touch on this yet agin but its a rather large read but I also recommend this. atleast catch much or most of it.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/hit-the-brix.14679/page-7

and this is always good to use as an enyzme and precautionary measure and soil conditioner . Neen Cake/Meal

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/neem-fertilizer-the-soil-growers-best-friend.47977/

and this is also a great thread to read as well. from my old friend and short time mentor until his passing. R.I.P. brother X. we wont forget ya man.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tlo-for-dummies-from-a-dummy.17822/

Also one thing to or person to keep an eye on is @hecno due to his climate constrains and outdoor growing in Australia (northern i believe) and has had to learn to cope with the auto and photo aspects of growing in a tougher climate than many. Including @Mossy in the hot hot summer outdoors if i remember right. you can always pick up tips and tricks from these people from their very environment and how they deal with it ,and with what.until hen I sure that'll keep you busy for a spell. be good n ill see ya round the way.

Okay, I thought this was a beginners course...:shrug:Truthfully, I didn't retain as much as I would like to admit. I will reread again and check out the links when my eyes don't hurt.

I do have one question for you though. If you are using animal products, I am assuming these cows have been given BGH, antibiotics, fed GMO's, etc...Do you still consider this organic? Also, you mentioned corn and soy being GMO, do you source non-GMO for that?

I'm really interested in organic growing but it won't be till sometime next year. I look forward to reading more of your threads and asking lot's of questions, if that's cool.

questions are fine. yeah a lil over mosts heads sorry bout that, but I have a method. understand everything can be done for the most part naturally if you choose to REALLY REALLY get involved. but even with simple mixes ,its pretty easy making them from scratch bro. LIFE is key,period. you can have all the powders and stuff in your soil but if there is not a solid life population maintained, the soil/plant/grow WILL fail. lkife is key. life in the soil hold several times their own weight in chleted ready to use fully available foods for your root zone.Rhyosphere or however its spelled LOL but the foods are the powders essentially and the amount of foods are what feeds the life in varied forms. soluble,powder to larger and smaller pieces will be broken down in a short time. life will work the soil, your job is to keep it breathing decent and moist. thats it.dark and warm. thats it. its a simple princple and its antiquated for a reason because its thee easiest and best way and best for us AND the wee rock we live on too. so all around its a stellar way to grow and understand. Im just busy these past man ymany weeks. once winter sets in and I got my grow going i'll have more time. as Ive said I aint fogotten about ya;ll :D

@Yeatster you are going to love making your own soil , the more you delve into the better the understanding you get , I would recommend you start simple , I started with used dirt - I call it dead dirt - I then made compost and studied all about that , then added some basic stuff . Planted some plants and I could see a change in the growth of my plants compared to the store brought stuff - [ have very little choice where I live ] I think the best way is to start off simple , then the more you learn and understand the better the soil and I still use organic nutrients as I still have a long way to go yet , I am lucky where I live as I can find stuff in my environment to study . I believe organic is not about yield , but the joy in smoking weed that you have had a lot more of a hands on approach to producing . I also believe it is a far better product [ in my area anyway ]
Now you are taking the first step ---- Warning --- it is highly addictive .:thumbsup:

@Yeatster you are going to love making your own soil , the more you delve into the better the understanding you get , I would recommend you start simple , I started with used dirt - I call it dead dirt - I then made compost and studied all about that , then added some basic stuff . Planted some plants and I could see a change in the growth of my plants compared to the store brought stuff - [ have very little choice where I live ] I think the best way is to start off simple , then the more you learn and understand the better the soil and I still use organic nutrients as I still have a long way to go yet , I am lucky where I live as I can find stuff in my environment to study . I believe organic is not about yield , but the joy in smoking weed that you have had a lot more of a hands on approach to producing . I also believe it is a far better product [ in my area anyway ]
Now you are taking the first step ---- Warning --- it is highly addictive .:thumbsup:
@hecno yes, well said there Froggy. I try to source organically, locally when eating so, it is something I am definitely interested in. Only makes sense to have the same feelings about what I smoke. For now, I am happy with what I am growing BUT, I know I will love organics that much more. I will gladly sacrifice yield for quality. After all, it is medicine. :pass:

oh yeah if there are farms and you know some people by face or better around town and stuff..? DUDE you can find deals on just about everything from balanced compost to green leaf compost(ideal for teas usually,unlike leaf mold which in an inoculate,good one too),casting,Lime(prilled or pelleted),sweet or powder lime and a pellet lime are best imo. I use both personally.good soil deals(i prefer sunshine [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] w/ Myco's ) and so forth, specific things it tougher to get in stores or nurseries and grow shop around. so thats kewl man. back hurt too much,Im used to buying how I buy. I tend to buy a years supplies in advance and stretch them through the season in my OD stuff my moms does each year. and I maintain my pavilion/Deck outback too. too much work to recycle cuz of my back. since we have erosion,I stick this all over and throw seeds of either clover or let trees try and take root. so I do buy yearly and tend to get a full 2 years out of it with about 100 gallons of soil roughly.not bad for a few hundred bucks. i could easily cut the shit outta that cost if I wwere more healthy and to work and go hunting and sourcing and meeting people in the relm LOL

a really nice link to a rice wash feeding page and experiment this guy did. very nice :)

http://researchprojectricewater.blogspot.com/2011/05/outcome-rice-water.html

When rice is washed, the wash water becomes whitish due to the starchy powder in the skin of unwashed rice. I've often heard or read, usually in water-saving, money-saving, or gardening tips, that the water used to wash rice is beneficial for plants as it fertilizes the soil. There are also various anecdotes on the internet suggesting the use of rice water to water plants:

Back