Lighting Cobkits Light Engines!

That is a nice clean install. At some point I will settle into what my grow will be and that will be my goal. I like the idea of having everything possible outside the tent to maximize the space inside.

Thank I share my work not to brag or anything like that but rather it is to show people this is not impossible to do. I had never done anything like this before and have absolutely zero exp with anything electrical. If you take your time with your planning and then when it comes time to build split it up into sections/phases, it goes smooth and you can build some nice stuff pretty easily.

cool Man!
i ordered up me some of them citizen CLU058 1825 80CRI engines off of that same site few weeks back... cant wait to get em set up. i ordered 6 figure ill run em in 3 sets of 2, each set outputting Approx 200 watts.

Thanks for sharing...

Thank I share my work not to brag or anything like that but rather it is to show people this is not impossible to do. I had never done anything like this before and have absolutely zero exp with anything electrical. If you take your time with your planning and then when it comes time to build split it up into sections/phases, it goes smooth and you can build some nice stuff pretty easily.
It sure looks Nice. Gonna have to get my old PC computer Cablegami juices flowing again!

cool Man!
i ordered up me some of them citizen CLU058 1825 80CRI engines off of that same site few weeks back... cant wait to get em set up. i ordered 6 figure ill run em in 3 sets of 2, each set outputting Approx 200 watts.

Thanks for sharing...

I have been eyeballing those same COB's in 4K today for another DIY not sure yet..........

oh looking back i see i failed to list i was going for the 3500K cobs....
my boy ( Grown man) has some lights running the same cobs in a case and they look very nice, its like having a little box of sunshine in that room and the plants are just loving it.

Pop your numbers are accurate with the claims. We don't know exactly where epistar is at. Just that one light was ever tested that I know of.

Now they did use better drivers in the test light than what you had hanging. Jupiters kind conversion showed the drivers to be a little better than the ones in your lights. Just not plastic. Lol minor efficiency gain for aluminum.

20% of 685 is 137 par watts. Original lights
50% of 300 is 150 par watts. New cobs

I know the cobs are a bit higher but that's just a guess after driver losses.

The next thing and the most obvious is the r&b peaks. Blurple which is not intended to belittle any specific light company is the emitted color. It should be added to the dictionary if you ask me. I know a grower who used a light basically the same principle but an expensive one. Cobs and leds of decent brands but just the one color pinkish blue purple. It vegged like a sob but didn't do Dick in flower.

Now some experiences with the cheaper panels are great. The key factor is they never compared them to white lights. If you could imagine the guys who are slamming 5oz plants under the lights like you have got ahold of some citizen cobs the results would be scary.

Pop your numbers are accurate with the claims. We don't know exactly where epistar is at. Just that one light was ever tested that I know of.

Now they did use better drivers in the test light than what you had hanging. Jupiters kind conversion showed the drivers to be a little better than the ones in your lights. Just not plastic. Lol minor efficiency gain for aluminum.

20% of 685 is 137 par watts. Original lights
50% of 300 is 150 par watts. New cobs

I know the cobs are a bit higher but that's just a guess after driver losses.

The next thing and the most obvious is the r&b peaks. Blurple which is not intended to belittle any specific light company is the emitted color. It should be added to the dictionary if you ask me. I know a grower who used a light basically the same principle but an expensive one. Cobs and leds of decent brands but just the one color pinkish blue purple. It vegged like a sob but didn't do Dick in flower.

Now some experiences with the cheaper panels are great. The key factor is they never compared them to white lights. If you could imagine the guys who are slamming 5oz plants under the lights like you have got ahold of some citizen cobs the results would be scary.

ooooor Bridelux :smoking:

ooooor Bridelux :smoking:
I don't get it. Some of these companies that charge a premium but have shitty leds are really just killing sales. The k5 is probably a 200-300 dollar light from the production line. For an extra 100 in led upgrades they would produce a hell of allot better and make allot more sales.

@pop22, you are a consumate cob salesman. I was looking on the web and found 1212's on ebay for $10 a pop shipped. Think I will pick one up and mount it to one of the heat sinks I have around here. I can hook it to an existing driver I already have and just retire the chinese cob until another driver comes in. I am broke but that is hard to pass on so off we go. :biggrin:

Did you go with the 3000k or 4000k? I'm suprised more people haven't noticed the 10 dollar 1212s. Anyone can build a ~420 PAR output light for less than 50 dollars.

Back