Shoulda started a thread but I was to anxious to get building. It's up and running. 6 cxb2530's with 3 Mars hydro drivers. Only drawing 120 watts but it's my perfect side lighting. Hopefully lower the popcorn and fluff totals next run.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm thinking of using 4 of my CXA 2530 run at maybe 350ma on a narrow heat to replace my 4' T5 I have in my livingroom that I'm growing Jalepenos with....... 50 watts of COB replacing one 52 watt T5... my peppers will think they died and went to heaven!

Shoulda started a thread but I was to anxious to get building. It's up and running. 6 cxb2530's with 3 Mars hydro drivers. Only drawing 120 watts but it's my perfect side lighting. Hopefully lower the popcorn and fluff totals next run.

View attachment 619891 View attachment 619892 View attachment 619893

going to get an injection in my shoulder Tues. maybe I can finish my damn light then! Right now, i'd probably put my eye out with a screwdriver.......lol!

I'm thinking of using 4 of my CXA 2530 run at maybe 350ma on a narrow heat to replace my 4' T5 I have in my livingroom that I'm growing Jalepenos with....... 50 watts of COB replacing one 52 watt T5... my peppers will think they died and went to heaven!

yeah at that current be same as cxb 3590 @ 1400mA in term of efficency, eveb a bit higher i think

Im using 4x2530 at 350mA in my 35x35cm tent, dimmed them to 500mA currently.

Time to upgrade my 250W HPS tent - with two CREE 3590 at 1800mA. :drool:
When HPS will die, I will mount 4x CREE 3590 at 1.4A. So total 6x CREE 3590's.

But I need little help, how to connect fan with DC adapter? You see, it has 4 wires, but none of them is red. :biggrin:

Cheap hanging method with strong cannabis wire from momma's garden.

The T5 is in front of my living room window, which faces west. fall/winter not much light. i grow a veggie or 2 there year around. starting veggie seedlings there too. I just recently added the T5. I got one of the lights with a nice stand on ebay for $34 shipped! The peppers i have there now are looking happy for the extra light. Then I saw than bar light and it made me think, a low power LED setup run at the same wattage would give a lot more light. I think this is a perfect use for these older cobs. They'd make great, cheap veg lights too. The Citizen 1212 is cheap but overkill for a use like this, the 1212 falls in between a Cree CXA 3070 and the CXB 3590 in performance and you can get them for $12 each!

Now if we could only 3D print heatsinks............

yeah at that current be same as cxb 3590 @ 1400mA in term of efficency, eveb a bit higher i think

Guys and gals that are into DIY I just came across an amazing discovery.

Angle alum works great and I have built a few bars with it but it's sort of still looks like I built it in my garage.

My last bar I went for 80/20 extrusion but the price is definitely a turn off for most.

But what I came across was this!!!!!

http://www.budind.com/chassis.php

This is just a link to their website but Amazon sells everything and most of it can be 2 day prime shipped. The only issue I see is how to drill or cut a perfect hole in the metal with regular garage/shop tools. A holesaw is a little barbaric but I'm willing to give it a shot and post my results. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have a bunch of different sizes measured up and place a fairly large order. Enough to do a few 2,3,4 cob lights in different orientations.

Back