Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

Alright friends. I have finished with one of my plants, Echo, and am now growing both Foxtrot and Golf in CoM. Life got busy and I was not able to take any pictures of the finished plant, but I do have pictures of the buds in grove bags. All in all my plant gave me just over 91 grams. This brings me to why I am actually making this post. I have a bit of advice to share, and hopefully it can help someone else. I also do have a question for whoever is willing to answer.

So one thing I have noticed with all of my plants while exactly following the CoM schedule is that the plants all seem to run out of Nitrogen around 4 weeks before harvest. So here is my new amendment schedule, using CoM nutrients. day 21 first veg feed. day 35 second veg feed and 1st flower feed. day 49 veg feed. day 56 flower feed, and top-dress with flower feed one more time around day 70 depending on how much longer the plant needs. If it makes you feel more comfortable, do the 5th week feed at 1/2 strength as well as the 10 week feed. That's my 2 cents anyways.

As for my question. As I mentioned above I have finished with one plant. It was chopped and yielded a good amount for my first ever fully organic grow. Can I reamend the CoM Stonington blend and reuse it? I have 5 gallons of CoM that has grown one plant, and I would definitely like to reuse it. I have enough cannabis to last me a while so I am going to finish the two plants I have going now, and then tear everything in my lung room down and do a deep clean. Then I will put everything back up and start a full grow in my 3x3 under a trellis net. I am thinking about packing 4 autos in there and scrogging them for a full canopy. So given the fact that I just started a sativa that's going to take 5 months, what is the best way to reamend my CoM soil in that time? Can I do it with the amendments I have, the CoM line? Or will I need to purchase extra amendments. I would really like to be able to reamend the soil and use it again. Any input is greatly appreciated. Also I will take some pictures of the buds if anyone wants to see, and Ill look through my phone to see if I have at least one picture of Echo before chop.

As per your question. Not sure I have an answer, but I am going to re-use my soil for my next grow. I fed right up to the chop, so theoretically, I would think the soil should be good to go "as is". But nevertheless, I still plan on throwing in another 1/4 cup per 5 gal pot of SPF. We'll see how that goes.

I had no lack of nitrogen this grow, I strayed from their schedule as per their tech support and fed both amendments after week 5. I did replace the fishbone meal in week 7 with Dr Earth's Flower Girl, and I will be going with Flower girl next grow. I did not care for the lack of potassium in the fish meal.

Quick update- ay 45 from sprout.

Has anyone had issues with Calcium deficiency while using Distilled water? I’m thinking what my girls are expressing is an issue with the DI water(5.9-6.8 pH range, but no cal mag) essentially leaching some minerals away from the plant. But in any case I’ve moved to using tap water(same pH range and 3ml/gal H2O). The plant exhibiting a lack of Ca has shot up 2-4” in less than a week. My other plant is just beginning to show the brown spots too, but is also chugging along in flower. What day you all, would you agree to a Ca def or do you think it could be something else? This is my first ever grow, I’ve grown plants before but never to with this level of
5994BDBE-AA4A-468A-A08D-B0A028A98D94.jpeg
367F1944-8FF1-4825-A253-CAB2B3786957.jpeg
DFF4C84C-786F-41ED-98FD-5DB50A34F946.jpeg
0A63BE3B-9366-476D-A8F5-229952FA5CCF.jpeg

Quick update- ay 45 from sprout.

Has anyone had issues with Calcium deficiency while using Distilled water? I’m thinking what my girls are expressing is an issue with the DI water(5.9-6.8 pH range, but no cal mag) essentially leaching some minerals away from the plant. But in any case I’ve moved to using tap water(same pH range and 3ml/gal H2O). The plant exhibiting a lack of Ca has shot up 2-4” in less than a week. My other plant is just beginning to show the brown spots too, but is also chugging along in flower. What day you all, would you agree to a Ca def or do you think it could be something else? This is my first ever grow, I’ve grown plants before but never to with this level ofView attachment 1469473View attachment 1469474View attachment 1469475View attachment 1469476
Cant enlarge them in this format, to really see them. Have you been using both amendments?

I meant to add that I’ve been following the dry amendment schedule(I’m off a little bc I fed early). But I just fed them for the third time(2nd bloom notes) with STPF(1-2tbsp) and BonenBloom(1/4c) with some compost and ewc.

I meant to add that I’ve been following the dry amendment schedule(I’m off a little bc I fed early). But I just fed them for the third time(2nd bloom notes) with STPF(1-2tbsp) and BonenBloom(1/4c) with some compost and ewc.
You can ride it out a little to see if the tap water changes things more. On my grow I treated mine for Mg and Potassium deficiency, but its a fine edge, cause Mg can lock out Potassium. I did the full 1/4 cup feeding of both amendments. That took care of the potassium, brown leaf edges, then epsom salt for the Mg., got rid of the zebra colored leaves.

I’m hoping the pH adjusted tap water helps. Would it be too much to feed them again? So far I’ve fed them 3 times.

I’m hoping the pH adjusted tap water helps. Would it be too much to feed them again? So far I’ve fed them 3 times.
no limit to how many times you feed, just every three weeks is the schedule.

Not sure yet, just did a quick wet trim.
The PVC is about 2" off the bottom and I water that way.
Draws the roots to the bottom of the bag.
I have a buddy that does all his indoor grow that way.
I don't think it made any difference I was in 3 gal pots.
I think the bigger pots the better results.

Back