Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

So final update on this grow, planted seeds back in late March (time sure flies). Chopped two of the four ladies last night on day 88 or so... going to give the other two another couple days potentially.

Trying a "lotus dry" in my mini fridge for the first time (here's to hoping I don't ruin whole harvest!) but can't keep a room near 60 degrees in summertime. Figured I'd give that a shot.

I'd consider it a successful run. I was worried at beginning of flowering when leaves started turning yellow (on my last 2 grows, that was the beginning of the end and race to chop before all leaves died). This was a MUCH MUCH more gradual yellowing/fade on all the plants so my initial worry was for nothing.

All in all, super easy grow, pretty much water only aside from the 3 top dressings I did.

Only real "issue" was gnats - STILL HAVE fungus gnats at the end of the grow here... past couple times they went away after the first few weeks. Next time, I'll have some sand/mosquito bits/whatever on hand (instead of just the yellow sticky traps) in case it's an issue again. Also, I'm going to mix in a good bit of perlite with the soil, and also keep some extra soil on-hand to top off every once in a while (the soil compacted big time over the grow this time around and I didn't feel like buying another bag just to top off).

So far, I'm definitely a fan of CoM and the amendments - I am all about making this a set it and forget it process as much as I can, and this seems to have achieved that goal for the most part.

Pics below of the 4 ladies prior to 2 being chopped! Chopped front two (Strawberry nuggets [stunted out of the gate] and Error Seeds OG Kush CBD). Back two (Mango Smile and Walter White) going to give another couple of days.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for their help and insight!

all 4.jpg

strawberry nuggets.jpgOG Kush cbdd.jpgOG Kush CBD.jpg

So final update on this grow, planted seeds back in late March (time sure flies). Chopped two of the four ladies last night on day 88 or so... going to give the other two another couple days potentially.

Trying a "lotus dry" in my mini fridge for the first time (here's to hoping I don't ruin whole harvest!) but can't keep a room near 60 degrees in summertime. Figured I'd give that a shot.

I'd consider it a successful run. I was worried at beginning of flowering when leaves started turning yellow (on my last 2 grows, that was the beginning of the end and race to chop before all leaves died). This was a MUCH MUCH more gradual yellowing/fade on all the plants so my initial worry was for nothing.

All in all, super easy grow, pretty much water only aside from the 3 top dressings I did.

Only real "issue" was gnats - STILL HAVE fungus gnats at the end of the grow here... past couple times they went away after the first few weeks. Next time, I'll have some sand/mosquito bits/whatever on hand (instead of just the yellow sticky traps) in case it's an issue again. Also, I'm going to mix in a good bit of perlite with the soil, and also keep some extra soil on-hand to top off every once in a while (the soil compacted big time over the grow this time around and I didn't feel like buying another bag just to top off).

So far, I'm definitely a fan of CoM and the amendments - I am all about making this a set it and forget it process as much as I can, and this seems to have achieved that goal for the most part.

Pics below of the 4 ladies prior to 2 being chopped! Chopped front two (Strawberry nuggets [stunted out of the gate] and Error Seeds OG Kush CBD). Back two (Mango Smile and Walter White) going to give another couple of days.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for their help and insight!

View attachment 1475529

View attachment 1475531View attachment 1475532View attachment 1475534
What I did early on in my grow was when I was getting the soil and pots ready was I made a Bt tea and used that to moisten the soil. then for the first few waterings(especially after transplant) I continued to use the tea when watering(the trick is to do this in seedling/early veg when they need the added moisture). I can honestly say that I had no issues at all with Fungus Gnats. I can't say that the tea worked 100%, but I feel confident saying that it helped. I hope others can find this helpful

If I transplanted after 1 week into reamended SB should I topdress 1 week later than typical? Atleast for the first amendment? Or will I apply to late to allow the nutrient to hit during veg?

I’ve had decent luck with using re-amended SB and waiting for the first Top-dress. What did you use to re-amend the soil? I use DR earth, recharge and bloom, 1/4 cup of each per 5 gallons of soil, let it sit for a month before planting. I then waited 3 weeks before my first top dress and still had burnt tips. Wish I had a better answer or the SB specific amendments may work better.

Would it be a mistake to do a 3 gallon fabric pot vs 5 for next run? Understanding that I may have to top dress 1-2 extra times.

not sure if any other negatives. Hoping to run more at a single time In tent space, not really worried about larger yields in the 5 gallon just don’t want to negatively impact anything else with using 3 gallons vs 5

When using these to amend are you following a recipe or are you following the package directions?
A bit of following the directions mixed with good luck. We will see the eventual results but the plants seem happy enough. Obviously where bat guano and Stonington blend plant food overlap etc I opted for lesser doses than recommended if it were stand alone. Went 1/4 strength on the fish bone meal as that stuff is strong. Kind of amended light. All these plants are in reamended soil
63C56FB9-9E00-4DA2-9D19-0F65428796D9.jpeg

Hey, CoM Cohorts! I forgot to update the group on how my 1st grow ended. From 2 plants I harvested a little over 7.5 oz! I had some issues with what I think was nutrient lockout due to pH and watering issues in the middle of flower, but as we know "life finds a way" and I was able to see both plants to the end. Needless to say that I'm hooked on growing. Thank you all for your support and for the camaraderie!

Back