New Grower Canna Coco goes to Mephisto’s Wedding

Getting so plump and frosty!
I cut a sample branch off the taller MW on day 70, just dry enough to put in the PAX today. Taste is amazing, and the flowers are so dense and sticky they vape for a long time.
The larger MW is getting really close, very plump and starting to get just a little amber. Smaller MW is really taking her time plumping up, but still drinking quite a bit, pistils are almost all orange now. SNxLiversBX1 is also plumbing up nicely, I think it will yield as much or even a little more than the smaller MW.

They have really dropped off nutrient consumption so I reduced to just 1ml/gal each of A&B and runoff EC is dropping again. I think the taller MW will get chopped on day 76-77, probably similar for the SNxLiversbx1.
The shorter MW is gonna take a little longer I think day 80+.

I am loving the smell of the MW as it dries, so potent. It smells like vanilla cake soaked in gasoline with some funky fruit notes.

Taller MW

View attachment 1535774View attachment 1535775

shorter MW
View attachment 1535777View attachment 1535778

SNxLiversBX1
View attachment 1535786View attachment 1535787

Thanks for stopping by!
Looking very nice man! :jointman: Definitely packing on the weight!

Chop & harvest report
Totally dropped the ball on wrapping up this grow journal, decided to chop a little earlier than I originally planned, cut all plants on the morning of day 77. They all had milky trichomes with a little amber, 10-15% I would estimate. Both Mephisto’s Wedding turned beautifully and yielded pretty well for such a minimal training effort. The smaller MW yielded 117 grams and the larger one 135.

The disappointment is the Strawberry Nuggets x LiversBX1, although the plant looked great all the way to chop I discovered quite a bit of botrytis when I was cutting her up to trim. It was only inside close to the stem, but enough to make it the whole plant smell a little musty. Mid October we had over a week of of unseasonably warm weather with almost constant rain. I had my dehumidifier running full tilt, but could barely keep it under 65%rh in the tent. I saw no signs of trouble until trimming, so I thought I had dodged the mold. It’s a real shame because that little plant looked beautiful, and it yielded almost 4oz out of that .5 gallon pot!?! Oh well I have almost 9 oz of really lovely Mephisto’s Wedding, moving onto the next one.

95D5BF89-5232-4B8B-B2D9-02CF6C340D0D.jpeg
8745BFA3-8B89-46D8-A577-2CB0B38315F9.jpeg
A5BCEBCE-42FD-4E81-84EA-F6630A393CC9.jpeg
4144F1C0-5DA2-49C3-B2FE-40BDC1E07CBA.jpeg

Hi all, getting my second grow journal on AFN underway! My first AFN journal for my 2022 outdoor grow is still active and going well.

View attachment 1504973
The main event will be 3 x Mephisto’s Wedding and in supporting roles 1 x Double Grape and 1 x freebie(Strawberry Nuggets x LiversBX1). I am pretty excited all around for this grow. I have been waiting to try the MW since I heard it existed, DG is a favorite and this will be my third time growing it, and the SNxLBX1 sounds interesting since I enjoy Strawberry Nuggets and all of the crosses I have grown with it so far have been great.

Seeds will soak overnight and then head into their final pots in the morning. They are soaking in a mixture of 1 gallon RO with 2ml Silica, 2ml CalMag and 5ml Rhizotonic. The rest of the gallon will be used to mist the pots until seedlings are rooted and ready for their first watering.

Thanks for stopping by!
Can’t wait to see those mw’s. I e got a pack I have been waiting on starting. The snxliversbx1 I have as well. Got addicted to these illuminautos.

Back