Dutch Passion Budster's drobe: Blue AutoMazar LST under 180W Hans panel LED

Day 20

She's still a bit on the small side compared to previous grows. She hasn't shown pre-flowers yet so she might be a late starter. The color is on the pale side so I will be upping the feed to 2/5 next time. It might also be that the light is too close. It's tricky when you don't have a reference to go by. The light was previously 24cm away at 40W and I raised it a little today to 28cm, let's see what happens.

I also put the canes in and started the LST.

full

full

Looking sweet DB, think you can raise light up a bit as looks like at that lower height, the girl isn't growing up much.

Also is that a natural light pic above or with light on? Some girls are just paler bro, doesn't mean requires more nutes.

Looking sweet DB, think you can raise light up a bit as looks like at that lower height, the girl isn't growing up much.

That's what I'm thinking as well, I would have expected a bit more stretch. I'm just a bit surprised it's that strong at 40W. In my other tent I'm running 60W but from 2 smaller spots with 80 degree reflectors 34cm away from the plants and getting quite a bit of stretch, the hans panel LEDs are much more spread out and uses 100 and 120 degree reflectors so I would have expected to stay closer to the plant.

Also is that a natural light pic above or with light on? Some girls are just paler bro, doesn't mean requires more nutes.

It's taken with natural light lightbulbs and white balance set custom to the white walls. It should be fairly close to reality. I started feeding a bit late, with light mix I normally start feeding around day 12. Here I started on day 17 because I forgot the veg nutes on day 12. It's still at least 3 days until I can water again so I will see how it develops, you might be right and it's just naturally pale.

Mazars are slow starters.and like the veg longer than an average auto;).will be building her root system.soon be a monster ul see.good job;)

Mazars are slow starters.and like the veg longer than an average auto;).will be building her root system.soon be a monster ul see.good job;)

Thanks autobeast, one can always hope.

Day 24

Things are not looking great. She's only grown about an inch in the last 5 days. I have in steps raised the light from 22cm up to 40cm today. It's been around 37cm the 2 days before that. It's now getting less than 1/3 of the light it used to get. It's looking better than before but is developing quite slowly. Normally around this time I expect growth to be explosive. At least the color has darkened, especially on the newer growth so I think the light green color was also due to light stress. I've also seen some discoloration at the tips of the older leaves, see pic below. It has also improved a bit since I raised the light.

As a fallback solution I planted another BAM in a 1.5l pot. It'll be at least another 2 weeks before I will need to transplant that one so the current one has that much time to prove its worth :biggrin: Maybe the threat of extinction will light a fire under it's butt. I still haven't seen any pre-flowers so there is still a chance for it to bounce back and fill out the space.

The good news is that it seems the new light is putting out significantly more light than my old GN MS0006, will be interesting to see what it can do with a healthy plant below it. I just had a look in my other tent where the GN is running at 60W and those plants are now around 26-27cm away and still stretching. Those plants are only 17 days old.

Now onto some pictures.

full

full

The side shoots are still developing, just not stretching much.

full

It's harder to tell in the picture than in reality but the leaf tip is lighter in color and the very tip is slightly burned.

I can see in the pics mate,look a little hungry id give them a nice veg feed;) good job so far;) happy growing

Reactions: SPZ
I can see in the pics mate,look a little hungry id give them a nice veg feed;) good job so far;) happy growing

I agree with you, the light stress seems to have caused some deficiencies as well. I gave her a feeding today doubling the amount of veg nutes from 1 to 2ml/l (full dose is 5ml/l) and I also bumped the Mg up to 1.5ml/l instead of 1 and a full dose of Rhizo as usual. I gave her 1l this time. Let's see if she bounces back.

I think it's just a paler girl, you can see the fan tips have very slight burn, so I'd go easy on the nutes rather than upping them. Looking good to me mate.

Reactions: SPZ
I think it's just a paler girl, you can see the fan tips have very slight burn, so I'd go easy on the nutes rather than upping them. Looking good to me mate.

I think the tip burn is actually from the light proximity, not nute burn, but time will tell. My main concern was the fact that she was stunted showing little growth in the last week.

She perked up a bit since yesterdays feeding and grew a little over night. But then I stupidly went to pull the top down, breaking my own rule of not training after watering, and it snapped. In the moment it slipped my mind that I watered her yesterday. I taped it up and I think she will recover but it's definitely not going to help. It hasn't been a great start to this grow.:doh:

I might end up pulling it and starting over but I still have more than week before I have to decide.

Back