Budget AutoPot System Suggestions?

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Hey everyone!

Some of you may know of me here, some of you may not. But for those who don’t, I always hand water my girls.

Looking for suggestions/ideas for a single or double autopot system at a budget price. Just looking to grow two girls this time around and have the feeding automated. Either DWC bucket system or an AutoPot system I am looking for. I’d be happy to run coco with an AutoPot. I’ve seen the floraflex systems but they are priced insanely high in the UK

Can any you AutoPot guys/gals give me some suggestions :smoking:

Hey everyone!

Some of you may know of me here, some of you may not. But for those who don’t, I always hand water my girls.

Looking for suggestions/ideas for a single or double autopot system at a budget price. Just looking to grow two girls this time around and have the feeding automated. Either DWC bucket system or an AutoPot system I am looking for. I’d be happy to run coco with an AutoPot. I’ve seen the floraflex systems but they are priced insanely high in the UK

Having 6 of the trays myself I wish I'd have looked farther into it......they have a auto valve setup that can do multiple plants. The Easy2Grow system comes with res, 2 pot tray, valve, pots etc...for just over 106 to 110 in the US store....Might get away with just buying the auto valve and be able to set up a similar type system using locally sourced materials..aqua vale is 27 over here with an extra 12 if you want to get a cover for it.

Hey everyone!

I made a few of these for about $20 each. I can run any size rock wool slab/cube or even 2 gallon bags filled with coco. If I increase the size of the top container I could fit 3 or 5 gallon bags without a problem.

D68C24F4-6CE5-4211-8301-709E68194478.jpeg
D4E769CD-E368-498D-B590-0D358758AB90.jpeg
0BC04EC4-AB8B-4C69-9B5C-9096C2E1D5E2.jpeg
58473633-85C7-4A53-AED9-92F6C2384691.jpeg

Autopot are great. Really hands off. If you're getting 2 make sure they're separated as in not 2 trays stuck together. Mix your soil with 50/50 soil perlite or coco perlite. Don't DON'T put clay pebbles in the bottom especially if running coco. They are completely unnecessary and just mess up the pH of the solution in the tray. Unless you treat the pebbles for a couple of days in pH water don't use them. The autopot people don't even use them.
Tbh I'd use soil/perlite 50/50 you'll get just as good results as with coco perlite except it'll be more forgiving.
Once a week I empty my res clean it and fill it for a week that's it

You can put both of the plants in a tub that's fits them and an aquavalve together. Aquavalve5 kit accessory pack comes with the valve, tubing and fittings for $39. Other then that, garbage can or a tub with a lid for the rez
Screenshot_20220906-180728.png
Screenshot_20220906-180748.png

Autopot are great. Really hands off. If you're getting 2 make sure they're separated as in not 2 trays stuck together. Mix your soil with 50/50 soil perlite or coco perlite. Don't DON'T put clay pebbles in the bottom especially if running coco. They are completely unnecessary and just mess up the pH of the solution in the tray. Unless you treat the pebbles for a couple of days in pH water don't use them. The autopot people don't even use them.
Tbh I'd use soil/perlite 50/50 you'll get just as good results as with coco perlite except it'll be more forgiving.
Once a week I empty my res clean it and fill it for a week that's it
Thanks bro. I’ll keep looking for now. The plan is 40% perlite, 60% coco. I wish floraflex wasn’t so expensive. UK is insane with prices for everything

Thanks bro. I’ll keep looking for now. The plan is 40% perlite, 60% coco. I wish floraflex wasn’t so expensive. UK is insane with prices for everything
If you're going autopot ask for samples of their new autopot specific nutrients. They're fairly new I just got a box of samples today, the reps are doing the rounds in all the grow shops. Two pot system is about 80euro where I am. Not a bad price and the nutrient samples is enough for 4 photoperiod plants or maybe 8 autoflowers

Ebay may be your best bet bro I bought mine on there about 6 yrs ago and it's still going strong also there are newer floats now in black instead of blue with thicker pipes try get them if possible

Edit: Didn't see you're from the UK. Hopefully my suggestions are available and more affordable in the UK as well.

@MrAutoGrower I've been looking at the hybrid system Octopots. They're 150 on their site, plus 25 shipping to the east coast. From what I can tell, they function the same as Autopots except each pot has a 3 or 6 gallon reservoir that you have to refill manually. I also see plenty of people growing 1lb monsters using Octopots. At ~44 dollars a pot, they're a decent amount cheaper than the Autopots.

Another option is the GroBucket on Amazon. They're basically a Hempy Bucket, but at ~17 dollars a unit (50 bucks for a 3 pack), it's not a steep premium if one feels too lazy to DIY a hempy bucket.

Of course, you can also just look at making yourself a Hempy Bucket.

I haven't tried any of these products so I can't recommend them myself, but they seem like decent alternatives to an autopot.

Man those grobuckets are neat and at most I feed around 4L a day to produce run off in coco (a gallon). Those are suited to hold 4L which is great. But the problem is that I can only find a 3pk on amazon and they’re over $100. I’ll only need one or two. The official website seems to state they’re out of stock right now. But yes, it’s a pain in the behind trying to get some good growing equipment here in the UK. Even mid-tier grow stuff here is pricey. If I can’t find single packs of these grobuckets I’ll buy the three pack, or make my own somehow. Very nice concept. Thanks for your input bro

Back