Bluelab pH pen, and Mars hydro ts1000 questions.

sounds like you have a security team to watch your plants for you that you pay in weed, sweet deal mate! I'd see if they can be trained to trim.
Only problem is, they'd be stoned doing so,....not sure we want that right???

Those are very generous words good Sir.
I agree, there is a delay in the deaths to come. Not avoided, but delayed.
Chin up all.
More people died today from cancer and car accidents than covid 19.
If you're reading this, my guess is you've got/ had it...and survived like many other viruses.
BTW @Olderfart ..
Its now refered to as being chromed.
Not grey ( tongue sticking out )...:yoinks:
Hey, I like it. Chromed, not a greyhair. My wife will love it.

Drat! The link to your movie doesn't work with my browser, so I will give it a try with another one. I will let you know what I find.

No luck on the movie. For some reason, it is not accessible on Firefox or Edge, at least not by me. The error message says that the publisher (presumably you or Google) prevents the movie from showing in a "frame" (presumably the inner window that shows the image on AFN) for security reasons. It asked whether I wanted to open it in a separate window, I said yes, and then it told me that I didn't have access to google drive (Your account?).

Anyway, sorry that you went to all the effort and to hit a snag like this. :shrug:

So the soil test shows several things huh.
1) Feed PH does not necessarily adjust soil PH when fed in small quantities (a regular feed).
2) To readjust soil ph to the desired level requires a more complete flushing.
3) Although run off measurements are a guestimate, they are still a good representation of what is going on in the soil.

A few facts need to be mentioned about my test.
1) The plant is being grown in Sunshine #4 peat. ( This soil is renouned for being very acidic).
2) The plant has always been fed at a PH of 6.0 (for the last 2 months or so.
3) Feed rates are done at 400ppm, with 10 to 20% run off at every feeding.

This now raises a new question.
Knowing the soil PH is around 5.0 (and not my desired level of 6.0).
Should the feed PH be increased to correct for this situation?, food for thought huh.

I think this exercise has been quite interesting to say the least.
Comments folks?

Cheers,
GC

So the soil test shows several things huh.
1) Feed PH does not necessarily adjust soil PH when fed in small quantities (a regular feed).
2) To readjust soil ph to the desired level requires a more complete flushing.
3) Although run off measurements are a guestimate, they are still a good representation of what is going on in the soil.

A few facts need to be mentioned about my test.
1) The plant is being grown in Sunshine #4 peat. ( This soil is renouned for being very acidic).
2) The plant has always been fed at a PH of 6.0 (for the last 2 months or so.
3) Feed rates are done at 400ppm, with 10 to 20% run off at every feeding.

This now raises a new question.
Knowing the soil PH is around 5.0 (and not my desired level of 6.0).
Should the feed PH be increased to correct for this situation?, food for thought huh.

I think this exercise has been quite interesting to say the least.
Comments folks?

Cheers,
GC

As for testing runoff I am in fabric as so many are. When you water a fabric pot the water input at the perimeter often just goes out and down the side. To get an accurate measurement of runoff you need to elevate the pot so you can collect runoff coming from the bottom middle of the pot. I use the cabinet organizers, which are cheap, shown in phot below. Takes a lot of water in a 7 gal.
My question is what is the correlation between input and out? If I water in at 6 or 6.5 and my runoff is 5.2 or 5.7 is that perfect? Maybe yes maybe no. All I know is that is about what I get. My plants are blowing up. Not a single hitch this last 3 plants. Other than the fact I limited my Six Shooter in a 3 gal pot.

By the way, anyone run Zkittles Auto? What was finish time?

Attachments

• 15918112649483097597088146254787.jpg
    15918112649483097597088146254787.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 34
As for testing runoff I am in fabric as so many are. When you water a fabric pot the water input at the perimeter often just goes out and down the side. To get an accurate measurement of runoff you need to elevate the pot so you can collect runoff coming from the bottom middle of the pot. I use the cabinet organizers, which are cheap, shown in phot below. Takes a lot of water in a 7 gal.
My question is what is the correlation between input and out? If I water in at 6 or 6.5 and my runoff is 5.2 or 5.7 is that perfect? Maybe yes maybe no. All I know is that is about what I get. My plants are blowing up. Not a single hitch this last 3 plants. Other than the fact I limited my Six Shooter in a 3 gal pot.

By the way, anyone run Zkittles Auto? What was finish time?
Yup, same with me.
Always watered at 6 even in fabric and these plants don't exactly look unhappy.

Attachments

• 20200610_140402.jpg
    20200610_140402.jpg
    954.1 KB · Views: 40
Gorgeous!
What is that little gal in mid-late flower?

Buddy, thats yur Dr.Feelgood!
Wow that is so funny. I shared the love and gave a few of those seeds to a friend a few weeks ago. I literally just texted him 4 minutes ago to see if he had planted any.

Back