Blue Mystic 6weeks/3days, Gray/Brown Isolated Patches [Sugar Leaves]

Also, inspecting the leaves today - the rust/brown patches have not grown [or multiplied I don't think?].

Also, the slight ring of yellowing around these spots has not spread outward anymore than it already has. So things hopefully seem to be on the up n' up, especially since narrowing things down from the tests posted above.

:smoking::headbang:

:cheers: you're quite welcome mate,... Have a look here if you haven't seen this yet: ( https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...panded-to-include-other-issues-as-well.43164/ ) ......yeah, that color change was weird,.. maybe the tissues weren't fully dead and dried in the first pics? I'm still not sure it's a P issue, but if the progression has stopped, that's all that matters! It does have some similarity to fungal/bacterial infection, but very unlikely to hit that high up, ... yellowing perimeters are common, might be some minor draw still happening, and a reaction to the dead tissues,... Lack of burned tips and margins makes me doubt this is a toxicity issue, symptoms don't fit,.... not Ca defc. either for sure, you'll see when you look at defc. pics of this,...
Looks like your feeds have stocked up the soil! I'd say wait and see now, proceed as normal,... stay at 1tsp on the Tiger Bloom for a few feedings, cumulative inputs can sneak up on you and start to burn,... if you use a high PK booster, don't combine it with Tiger, use as a stand-alone, diluted as well!.. you have very nicely formed fuzzy crowns, a sign that plenty of P is in play,...:thumbsup:

:cheers: you're quite welcome mate,... Have a look here if you haven't seen this yet: ( https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...panded-to-include-other-issues-as-well.43164/ ) ......yeah, that color change was weird,.. maybe the tissues weren't fully dead and dried in the first pics? I'm still not sure it's a P issue, but if the progression has stopped, that's all that matters! It does have some similarity to fungal/bacterial infection, but very unlikely to hit that high up, ... yellowing perimeters are common, might be some minor draw still happening, and a reaction to the dead tissues,... Lack of burned tips and margins makes me doubt this is a toxicity issue, symptoms don't fit,.... not Ca defc. either for sure, you'll see when you look at defc. pics of this,...
Looks like your feeds have stocked up the soil! I'd say wait and see now, proceed as normal,... stay at 1tsp on the Tiger Bloom for a few feedings, cumulative inputs can sneak up on you and start to burn,... if you use a high PK booster, don't combine it with Tiger, use as a stand-alone, diluted as well!.. you have very nicely formed fuzzy crowns, a sign that plenty of P is in play,...:thumbsup:

Thank you for the reply @Waira :d5::bighug:

I just woke up a bit ago and checked them, coming up on 3 days just about since last watering/feeding, and the spots seem to be staying put! :frog:

You know.. I was reading about calcium becoming locked out due to it's dubious range of being absorbed between the pH of 2.0-6.4, and you know it's kind've funny that me doing that crude pH test that I'd done above, and it came out to that baby-puke-green color of 6.5ish.. and idk..but it could be said that my pH 'could' be hovering around 6.3-6.4 and the pH color just doesn't completely tell the story [versus an actual in-pot pH probe] [I could be splitting hairs here possibly]. And if that 'were' the case then it 'could' make sense that calcium could potentially be locked out due to just 'barely' stepping out've the pH range to where it could be successfully uptaken.Just a theory, I could definitely be wrong, so.

I'm with you on all you said though, you've been doing this much longer and you know the canna much better than myself, so with that said I'm sticking with what you have to say, and I definitely respect it..so. Cheers for the advice friend. :thumbsup::smoking::d5:

Some pics of this morning:

IMG_7349.JPG
IMG_7354.JPG
IMG_7358.JPG

Last edited:
I like these attenuation bar graphs best....
soil.jpg
... as you see , Ca is very robust for availability across a wide pH range,... lockout is more likely to be caused by other overloaded nutrients,...
... have you considered getting a pH meter (for liquids only)? I also strongly recommend a great in-pot pH tester called the Accurate 8 soil pH probe (Control Wizard)... nothing beats in-pot direct measurement, and with the meter you can test and adjust inputs before they go in,.. between the two, you can head off most any pH issues before they start, and react to changes to catch it before it becomes a real problem! :pass:

I like these attenuation bar graphs best.... View attachment 796949 ... as you see , Ca is very robust for availability across a wide pH range,... lockout is more likely to be caused by other overloaded nutrients,...
... have you considered getting a pH meter (for liquids only)? I also strongly recommend a great in-pot pH tester called the Accurate 8 soil pH probe (Control Wizard)... nothing beats in-pot direct measurement, and with the meter you can test and adjust inputs before they go in,.. between the two, you can head off most any pH issues before they start, and react to changes to catch it before it becomes a real problem! :pass:

Heya @Waira, yeah I actually had just ordered the accurate 8 several days back, should be here tuesday at the latest. :d5:

And man thank you for that chart, that helps understand things a bit more. :cool1: Especially the calcium bit. Awesome, thanks again. I'll update if anything worsens/develops.

Ended up getting my Accurate 8 today instead of tomorrow loll .
Did 3 separate tests, each being 15 minutes in the soil, at different points towards the middle of the pot. Averaged out my pH comes out to 6.5.

:pass: Cheers!

:d5: spot-on Mr Plantas! ...way to work that probe- :goauto: :haha: ...plants look very nice indeed,.... :slap:

Okay, awesome, come home today and while those small rust/brown spots have not advanced for several days now nor grew in size I noticed the leaf tips of a few of my fan leaves [lower and middle of the plant] are burnt on the tips, many being extremely faint, though a few now are becoming prominent The few leaf tips that I'd taken photos of down below show:

PHOTO 1: There's probably a half dozen or so fan leaves like this, barely perceptible, looks like someone took a flame to the end of it and it were casting an ember on the end. These are towards the middle of the plant.

PHOTO 2-4: There's another leaf that looks like this one - burnt tip slowly fading to yellow, also the outer serrations on the leaf are displaying the same type of burn as the tip [perimeter of the leaf]. This leaf is towards the middle.

PHOTO 5-7: These are two different leaves I saw with the same/similar style of burning as the fan leaves on photos 2-4. These ones are on the bottom

PHOTO 8: Whole plant photo.

I haven't watered in 3 days now and I'm most likely going to water today. Almost til top knuckle' is dry. My plan was to continue the teaspoon of FF Tigerbloom/gal and the teaspoon of 1-0-0 CalMag/gal, and possibly 4 tablespoons of the FF BigBLoom [supplemental], all mixed together; or should I just do the Tigerbloom and CalMag?

I'm not entirely sure what these symptoms on these leaves are saying, can anyone help me out? I really appreciate it guys. :pass:

I was thinking magnesium deficiency based on what I was reading over in the 'diag yourself/deficiency' thread, though I'm not really sure, still pretty noobish with these deficiencies and whatnot, trying to learn everyday - relating to nutrients/deficiencies. It also looks like a potassium deficiency according the the 'quick and dirty deficiency pics' thread.

Thanks again :toke:

1.jpg

1 (2).jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, awesome, come home today and while those small rust/brown spots have not advanced for several days now nor grew in size I noticed the leaf tips of a few of my fan leaves [lower and middle of the plant] are burnt on the tips, many being extremely faint, though a few now are becoming prominent The few leaf tips that I'd taken photos of down below show:

PHOTO 1: There's probably a half dozen or so fan leaves like this, barely perceptible, looks like someone took a flame to the end of it and it were casting an ember on the end. These are towards the middle of the plant.

PHOTO 2-4: There's another leaf that looks like this one - burnt tip slowly fading to yellow, also the outer serrations on the leaf are displaying the same type of burn as the tip [perimeter of the leaf]. This leaf is towards the middle.

PHOTO 5-7: These are two different leaves I saw with the same/similar style of burning as the fan leaves on photos 2-4. These ones are on the bottom

PHOTO 8: Whole plant photo.

I haven't watered in 3 days now and I'm most likely going to water today. Almost til top knuckle' is dry. My plan was to continue the teaspoon of FF Tigerbloom/gal and the teaspoon of 1-0-0 CalMag/gal, and possibly 4 tablespoons of the FF BigBLoom [supplemental], all mixed together; or should I just do the Tigerbloom and CalMag?

I'm not entirely sure what these symptoms on these leaves are saying, can anyone help me out? I really appreciate it guys. :pass:

I was thinking magnesium deficiency based on what I was reading over in the 'diag yourself/deficiency' thread, though I'm not really sure, still pretty noobish with these deficiencies and whatnot, trying to learn everyday - relating to nutrients/deficiencies. It also looks like a potassium deficiency according the the 'quick and dirty deficiency pics' thread.

Thanks again :toke:

View attachment 797532
View attachment 797533
View attachment 797534
View attachment 797535
View attachment 797536
View attachment 797537
View attachment 797538
View attachment 797539

That's nute burn brother, I'd ease back on the feeds for a week, those tips won't get better, they'll stay that way, but newer growth shouldn't show it. If it still shows or grows worse a flush may be required.

I'd say you right where you want to be, but be good if u could test EC or TDS, to confirm.

Back