New Grower Black Haze by Exotic Seeds; First Time Grow

the bark came in part of the fox farm happy frog soil mix that i am using.. I tried to move as much as i could away. would roots soil or ocean floor be a better option for next time? my hydro shop doesn't have too many options.
Happy Frog is good stuff; you just have to make sure you don't have a big clump of bark sitting on top like that. Although I've never seen Happy Frog with that much bark! Maybe a 'bad bag'?

so I thought I would post a little update on the sickly plant. It seems to be making a comeback! thank you all for the valuable suggestions they have brought my little plant back. Im excited to have another plant! I had thought it would die for sure.
View attachment 577397

I will post another update of all the plants in a few days
Yay! :)

How's she doing?

Day 10, update time! I have been trying to give my girls as much light as they can, they are outside during the day and under my mars hydro 400 at night and some times part of the day (its overcast and cloudy some mornings). they are looking pretty good, some of my freebie autos have been damping off so i got a little worried, but these girls are tuff!
20160603_083938.jpeg

20160603_083944.jpeg
20160603_083909.jpeg

Good news, bro, you're well on your way.

I forget if you're using any root stims on them or not. A good natural one is to take a slice of an aloe Vera plant and scrape the inner goo into your watering jug and shake. I bought a lil aloe plant from Lowe's for like 3 bucks or so. They'll love it, dude. Otherwise, carry on and resist the temptation to overwinter them so that the roots will grow in search of water.

Take it easy bro

Day 10, update time! I have been trying to give my girls as much light as they can, they are outside during the day and under my mars hydro 400 at night and some times part of the day (its overcast and cloudy some mornings). they are looking pretty good, some of my freebie autos have been damping off so i got a little worried, but these girls are tuff!
View attachment 578660
View attachment 578658
View attachment 578659
Yay! Looking lovely. :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Good news, bro, you're well on your way.

I forget if you're using any root stims on them or not. A good natural one is to take a slice of an aloe Vera plant and scrape the inner goo into your watering jug and shake. I bought a lil aloe plant from Lowe's for like 3 bucks or so. They'll love it, dude. Otherwise, carry on and resist the temptation to overwinter them so that the roots will grow in search of water.

Take it easy bro
Great advice, thanks! I hadn't heard about using aloe. ;)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

thank you MediScrogs i have never heard about using aloe vera. i already have so many growing around my backyard so this will be perfect!

day 17(took pictures yesterday), I have 4/5 still alive. the smallest one died from the heat wave we had for a few days. this also damaged the stem of another. the 2 plants that are in the two gallon containers are still doing very well! I have also started feeding the largest girls a small amount of fox farm nutrients and also been giving them all aloe vera with each watering.
20160610_094046.jpeg 20160610_094041.jpeg
20160610_094257.jpeg
the damaged one:
20160610_094337.jpeg

any suggestions for this damaged plant? I'm unsure if it will even live because the stem looks like it is pinched

I don't know if it would help, but I'd pack some soil around it-bury it up to the first leaves. Maybe you'll get lucky...

Back