New Grower Black Haze by Exotic Seeds; First Time Grow

Reaction score
Ok here it goes I'm starting my first grow. For this grow i will be using black haze by exotic seeds.
20160519_082430.jpeg
I have 5 seeds that i germinated using the soak over night and coffee filter method.
20160520_092018.jpeg
I have just planted my seeds. two are in 3 gallon smart pots and three are in 2 gallon smart pots.
The soil that i am using is Happy Frog amended with coco, bio char, and a little bit of compost. i think that i am going to grow most of them out side in my backyard. i may grow 1-2 of them outdoor during day indoor under 400 watt HPS during the night.
20160521_191723.jpeg

Very nice, I'm following! :)

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

can any one tell me if i need to keep the soil moist for the seeds to sprout? I'm not sure what care (if any) they need at this stage

can any one tell me if i need to keep the soil moist for the seeds to sprout? I'm not sure what care (if any) they need at this stage
One thing that always works for me after i see a tap root and place them in soil is some sort of humidity dome. I use the little 6oz clear party cups you see for punch bowls. I usually do not wet the res of the soil until the little one poke up and open up. Then i start to water out a bit to cause the roots to go both down and horizontal.

also thank you BR, i was trying to decide if i should moisten the soil. problem solved! will update with pictures when they pop

OMG, I love the puppy! :)

@witchyhour thx thats our french bulldog!
just wanted to give a quick update: 4/5 seeds have broken out of their seed prisons. one is still trying to break out.. the humidity domes seem to work very well!
20160525_140857.jpeg

@witchyhour thx thats our french bulldog!
just wanted to give a quick update: 4/5 seeds have broken out of their seed prisons. one is still trying to break out.. the humidity domes seem to work very well!
View attachment 574668
He's a cutie! :)

Yes, the domes are great! And I also spray my babies with fresh water. Sometimes, if they seem a bit stuck, one good spray of water helps them pop out.

Back