Nutrients Biotabs, Mephisto MBAP & DIY Cobs

@Biotabs F69

Hi mate :thumbsup:

Am I correct in thinking that the warmer my soil is, the more action there will be in my Biotabs environment and therefore the more bacteria shit / plant food available?

My MBAPs are crazily full of N, and just wondering if a little less warmth in the root zone would reduce the feed / N uptake??? I've not seen this much N in young plants with any of my other biotabs efforts :shrug:

Don't ask me what temp my root zone is as I haven't got a clue! It's pretty warm though as I have a tube heater below the pots. Always on.

Thanks man! :d5: :cheers: :vibe:

Last edited:
@hippy71

Yes you are correct thinking that.
If you can keep your soil around 18/ 20 C
If it get to cold, the bacteria are inactive.
If it gets to warm, they will start brewing, and that is also not ideal, will not hurt. But just not the best ;)
Try to get a soil thermo meter, or these laser thermo meter are a lot of fun. Then you can also read the leaf temp, water temp, soil temp all with just one device

Please proceed, smoking weed!

@hippy71

Yes you are correct thinking that.
If you can keep your soil around 18/ 20 C
If it get to cold, the bacteria are inactive.
If it gets to warm, they will start brewing, and that is also not ideal, will not hurt. But just not the best ;)
Try to get a soil thermo meter, or these laser thermo meter are a lot of fun. Then you can also read the leaf temp, water temp, soil temp all with just one device

Please proceed, smoking weed!

Thanks dude! :pass:

I turned the heater down yesterday :thumbsup:

I would love a laser thermo meter, but unfortunately I don't have the funds for such luxuries as environmental monitoring mate! :crying: :vibe:

I can't believe I was cooking the MBAP's roots. What a bloody numpty. I reckon the root zone was at around 26 degrees! Too much heat and activity = too much bacteria shit and massively N rich babies :shrug: :deadhorse:

Reckon I have done a fair bit of damage/stunting to these two. Arse.

Just balancing out the ridiculous run of good karma I've been having recently it seems!! :crying:

@hippy71

PICS .....

The last set looks fine .... make sure pots are really wet and they should take off ... remember both combined just have to equal 1 plant or better !!

they will be smaller than if 1 plant one pot ...

but like we discussed this is way more kinky :crying:

:bighug:

@Ryker604 @Slowmo

They are less than 3 weeks! Maybe 17 days or so?! I really don't think it's lack of root space? They are in a 15 litre pot full to the brim. I grew two amnesia in the same 2 litre pot and didn't have issues :shrug:

I have never seen a plant go into flower so quick and whilst so small! I'm not bothered particularly, just confused :cheers:

I'll get pics in a minute after :baked:

Also I don't think the heat has stunted them as such. My theory is the heat caused too much bacteria activity and therefore too much Nitrogen/food for the small plants. It's hard to see in photos, but they are seriously over fed. I think it's this that stunted them. Maybe :shrug:

@Ryker604 @Slowmo

They are less than 3 weeks! Maybe 17 days or so?! I really don't think it's lack of root space? They are in a 15 litre pot full to the brim. I grew two amnesia in the same 2 litre pot and didn't have issues :shrug:

I have never seen a plant go into flower so quick and whilst so small! I'm not bothered particularly, just confused :cheers:

I'll get pics in a minute after :baked:

Also I don't think the heat has stunted them as such. My theory is the heat caused too much bacteria activity and therefore too much Nitrogen/food for the small plants. It's hard to see in photos, but they are seriously over fed. I think it's this that stunted them. Maybe :shrug:

who knows bud... need a PhD in plant biology to know this shit...

're the flowering they normally show sex about that day, but r they throwing pistils from the top?

I'd still back the mephs to deliver despite this.

Back