Nutrients BIOTABS HELP, CUSTOMER FEEDBACK & GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

you sold it to me ,3 tabs an just water ........im in :woohoo1:

Greatings everybody, new to the forum here.

Have a few questions regarding using biotabs in SIP system as i'm looking for maximum non-maintenence setup:

1. Can I use biotabs in simplest DIY sub watering system? That kind of SIP where you have one smaller pot inside the bigger one, water reservoir and wicking medium (soil itself or sholace/fabric - whatever) at the bottom?

1.1. Are there particular wicking mediums that work better with biotabs or medium has nothing to do with it?

1.2. How should i place the tabs then - like in biotabs manual (close to the top) or maybe deeper so the moist coming from the bottom can start to dissolve the tabs sooner and more effective?

2. Can I use airpots-like pots (not actual round AirpotTM but normal pot with lotsa holes - not DIY, its on the market - forgot the pot's name) in sub irrigation system and with biotabs?

3. And how should I add the Biotabs' fluid nuts during the grow. I guess i should take the pot away from SIP, topfeed it, let it dry, and put back to SIP, right?

Thank You very much in advance for every tip You can give me.

Sorry for my english skills...

Hey guys, I'm new here as well! Just ordered the starter pack yesterday...along with the boom boom spray, and bio PK 5-8! I'm very excited!

I have stalked the shit out of AFN for about 2 years now, and finally made an account. Gotta love that security question. "What month does 4/20 fall on" lmao!!

I have used nothing but Earth Juice products only so far, with the GBD soil mix from Mephisto....super excited to try out the tabs system! @Waira @blue @Ryker604_BT @Biotabs F69 @Hippy_BiotabsF70 @Eyes on Fire @stoney T @KrazyDave @Wawashell @Vapo69 These guys' grows and their trials and experiences, all inspired me to try the tabs.

I will be using @mephisto gear....THE absolute best of the best!
I will be growing in Happy Frog, with added perlite, worms, pulverized dolomite lime, and biotabs system.

Homemade pots out of large storage containers with drainage holes throughout the bottom, and 1/3 way up the sides for help with wicking.

3x5 Ipower tent,
1000w Hydrofarm Phantom dimmable ballast
Plantmax MH for veg, Hortilux HPS for flower
Sun Systems Blockbuster reflector with 8" exhaust.

I will start a journal when the tabs arrive, and I have decided which of my remaining Mephisto seeds I plan to use. I have grown several of their strains, I always only do 3 at a time...due to my chosen pot size. For this attempt, I'm leaning towards Manbearalienpig, 3 bears OG, and probably bubbly livers.

Anyway...I'm happy to finally 'be here" lol Officially! And not just taking all the information I can find. I have had yellowing problems almost every grow...so I'm hoping with the support of AFN, and the quality of the biotabs. This will be one to be proud of.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm new here as well! Just ordered the starter pack yesterday...along with the boom boom spray, and bio PK 5-8! I'm very excited!

I have stalked the shit out of AFN for about 2 years now, and finally made an account. Gotta love that security question. "What month does 4/20 fall on" lmao!!

I have used nothing but Earth Juice products only so far, with the GBD soil mix from Mephisto....super excited to try out the tabs system! @Waira @blue @Ryker604_BT @Biotabs F69 @Hippy_BiotabsF70 @Eyes on Fire @stoney T @KrazyDave @Wawashell @Vapo69 These guys' grows and their trials and experiences, all inspired me to try the tabs.

I will be using @mephisto gear....THE absolute best of the best!
I will be growing in Happy Frog, with added perlite, worms, pulverized dolomite lime, and biotabs system.

Homemade pots out of large storage containers with drainage holes throughout the bottom, and 1/3 way up the sides for help with wicking.

3x5 Ipower tent,
1000w Hydrofarm Phantom dimmable ballast
Plantmax MH for veg, Hortilux HPS for flower
Sun Systems Blockbuster reflector with 8" exhaust.

I will start a journal when the tabs arrive, and I have decided which of my remaining Mephisto seeds I plan to use. I have grown several of their strains, I always only do 3 at a time...due to my chosen pot size. For this attempt, I'm leaning towards Manbearalienpig, 3 bears OG, and probably bubbly livers.

Anyway...I'm happy to finally 'be here" lol Officially! And not just taking all the information I can find. I have had yellowing problems almost every grow...so I'm hoping with the support of AFN, and the quality if the biotabs. This will be one to be proud of.
welcome out of the shadows mate sounds lie you have a good plan and setup i enjoyed my experiance with biotabs even with my mixed success wish i had more time to perfect it but its not feesible right now for me to learn a new nutriant line bwst of luck with your grow tag me in when you start up your thread :pass:

Thank you sir. I will certainly be asking everyone along for the ride. I have spent hours upon hours on here creeping, and for what?? :shrug:
Could have gotten things going fairly smoothly by now I'm sure:doh:

you might need to hit it again with an organitrex feed with another Tab after say 1-3 weeks into flower depsing of course.but at the first signs of yellowing stick a tab there and give it a sip of the N drink. itll do alright.top coating and teas for the win too.a dual tea with N and Pand K too with a tab will hit em nicely in flower if they are a little yellowing too. cure em right up usually.again depending LOL

you might need to hit it again with an organitrex feed with another Tab after say 1-3 weeks into flower depsing of course.but at the first signs of yellowing stick a tab there and give it a sip of the N drink. itll do alright.top coating and teas for the win too.a dual tea with N and Pand K too with a tab will hit em nicely in flower if they are a little yellowing too. cure em right up usually.again depending LOL

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I was going to use 3 tabs each. So only 1 will be left after the initial drop in. I will have to supplement here and there with my EJ stash I suppose. I assume it will be ok, it's all naturally sourced goodies.

I think maybe in the past, they just shot up on me and I couldn't catch back up...so much leg room in their pots, and HID lights, with not enough "fuel" for the amount of soil and demand of the environment.

Back